Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
I think we should trade Dalton and Green
I think everyone knows I'm a big Dalton homer but I think we should move on from him and Green. I think we can build a team around them, but Green is getting older and injury prone and Dalton will probably trade for a good amount of value. We could fill some pretty big holes we have on the team right now. We would probably be able to have 3 first round picks the next couple of drafts and maybe the same with 2nd rounder with them. I think that we could draft Haskins and build our OL up. Be more of a running offense for a year or two to help Haskins develop. I think it will also help the new HC build a team that he wants and get rid of any Lewis stink we have left.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 10:51 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I think everyone knows I'm a big Dalton homer but I think we should move on from him and Green. I think we can build a team around them, but Green is getting older and injury prone and Dalton will probably trade for a good amount of value. We could fill some pretty big holes we have on the team right now. We would probably be able to have 3 first round picks the next couple of drafts and maybe the same with 2nd rounder with them. I think that we could draft Haskins and build our OL up. Be more of a running offense for a year or two to help Haskins develop. I think it will also help the new HC build a team that he wants and get rid of any Lewis stink we have left.

Hmmm... What if the new coach doesn't like Haskins? Personally I'm kinda excited to see what Dalton looks like with a young and offensive minded coach. It's sorta like wondering what it would have been like with Carson Palmer, Chad Johnson, and AJ Green on the offensive side of the ball in 2011.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I want to see what a new HC can do with this core (AJ, Geno, Andy, Dunlap) before we even think about tearing it all down and rebuilding. Especially now that we’ve added some nice young pieces like Boyd, Mixon, Bates, and WJ3.

What’s up with all these trade threads anyway?

Reply/Quote
I’ve read more than once in articles that one of the reasons Cincinnati may be an attractive landing spot for a new HC is because of the talent on the roster. So I doubt we see any type of rebuild plans. Sure, some players will go that don’t measure up to the new coaching philosophy, but a couple good coaches could possibly turn this team around very quickly and maintain from there. And before some of you beat me up, I said “possibly.”

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 11:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I want to see what a new HC can do with this core (AJ, Geno, Andy, Dunlap) before we even think about tearing it all down and rebuilding. Especially now that we’ve added some nice young pieces like Boyd, Mixon, Bates, and WJ3.

Uniform threads are sure to follow.

I think some of us wanna salt the earth now that Marvin's gone.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 11:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I want to see what a new HC can do with this core (AJ, Geno, Andy, Dunlap) before we even think about tearing it all down and rebuilding. Especially now that we’ve added some nice young pieces like Boyd, Mixon, Bates, and WJ3.

Because our core is getting old and by the time the newer players get accommodated with the NFL our old core will be old and out of their prime. They will give really good trade value right now.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 11:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I want to see what a new HC can do with this core (AJ, Geno, Andy, Dunlap) before we even think about tearing it all down and rebuilding. Especially now that we’ve added some nice young pieces like Boyd, Mixon, Bates, and WJ3.

Three consecutive losing seasons, no playoff wins in 8 years with this core who is aging, and an organization who doesn't believe in adding impact players via free agency. It's rebuild time. I would trade any of those core players (Dalton, AJ, Geno, Dunlap) while they can bring some value. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 11:12 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Three consecutive losing seasons, no playoff wins in 8 years with this core who is aging, and an organization who doesn't believe in adding impact players via free agency. It's rebuild time. I would trade any of those core players (Dalton, AJ, Geno, Dunlap) while they can bring some value. 

So, without FA's, it only takes what, eight, ten years to rebuild?  Sure.  That'll fill the stadium.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 11:11 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Because our core is getting old and by the time the newer players get accommodated with the NFL our old core will be old and out of their prime. They will give really good trade value right now.

I just see it as opening two more holes to fill. Right now I think we're a LT, LB or two maybe, G, and a legit DE away. I'm not sure I wanna add QB and a receiver to that list.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 11:14 AM)jason Wrote: I just see it as opening two more holes to fill. Right now I think we're a LT, LB or two maybe, G, and a legit DE away. I'm not sure I wanna add QB and a receiver to that list.

You can easily add RT, CB, and TE to that list. And definitely two LB's. Vigil can be okay with two other good LB's around him.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 11:14 AM)McC Wrote: So, without FA's, it only takes what, eight, ten years to rebuild?  Sure.  That'll fill the stadium.

Not if you stockpile draft picks and draft well. They haven't filled the stadium in 3+ years. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 11:21 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Not if you stockpile draft picks and draft well. They haven't filled the stadium in 3+ years. 

Starting over from scratch hardly seems like the way to rectify that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 11:14 AM)jason Wrote: I just see it as opening two more holes to fill. Right now I think we're a LT, LB or two maybe, G, and a legit DE away. I'm not sure I wanna add QB and a receiver to that list.

This.

People act like every draft pick will fill a hole.  Fact is even a lot of first and second round picks flop.

Want to replace Dalton with a first round pick?  Good luck.  Of the 25 QBs taken in the first round since we got Dalton in 2011 only FIVE have a higher career passer rating than Andy.

Then you replace Green with another John Ross.
Reply/Quote

It's just silly talk (the trade threads).  Typical off season board material.

I too want to see what this current group can do under new direction - and that's not someone like Hue for crying out loud!

I want to see them with somebody completely not affiliated with the current organization.  Someone that comes in from Day 1 and sets a different tone.  

In our careers most have us have had to adjust to working under a new person.  And those times when that person is unknown seem to make the organization refocus itself.  No more comfort zone in knowing where you fall within the managerial hierarchical structure.  Everyone is on the same playing field from Day 1.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 11:18 AM)Fullrock Wrote: You can easily add RT, CB, and TE to that list. And definitely two LB's. Vigil can be okay with two other good LB's around him.

Really I think we're ok at corner. I know we all hate Dre, and some think Dennard sucks. I was thinking of moving Glenn or Andre Smith to RT. Kroft and Uzomah are nothing special, but they're serviceable. Two LBs would be ideal, but at least one really good one is needed... In the worst way. The same goes for MJ's replacement. I think the secondary will look much better as a whole once there is some real pressure on opposing QBs again. Being able to pick on our LBs in the passing game has killed this defense too.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 11:24 AM)McC Wrote: Starting over from scratch hardly seems like the way to rectify that.

If this organization was active in FA and would look to add some impact players in their prime, I would say a rebuild isn't necessary. But they won't, and by the time they attempt fill the gaping holes on this team, the aging core will become more holes to fill. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 11:11 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Because our core is getting old and by the time the newer players get accommodated with the NFL our old core will be old and out of their prime. They will give really good trade value right now.

Maybe, but I don’t think they will all fall off at the same time talent wise. Also, if I’m not mistaken, we are the second youngest team in the NFL. These are positives.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 11:31 AM)Fullrock Wrote: If this organization was active in FA and would look to add some impact players in their prime, I would say a rebuild isn't necessary. But they won't, and by the time they attempt fill the gaping holes on this team, the aging core will become more holes to fill. 

There again, new coaching, new philosophy. We don’t know what they will do going forward. Seems like when we go FA, it usually doesn’t work out so well. With new coaching, that could change as well.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 11:38 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: There again, new coaching, new philosophy. We don’t know what they will do going forward. Seems like when we go FA, it usually doesn’t work out so well. With new coaching, that could change as well.

FA doesn't work out because the Bengals don't look to add impact players. If you want to see how quickly a rebuild can work just look at the Browns. From 0-16 to quite possibly the best team in the AFC North for the foreseeable future. They stockpiled draft picks and hit some home runs on them, but hell they even missed on some too. Then they added some important pieces via FA and here they are looking at competing for the AFC North for years to come. 
Reply/Quote
I bet Oakland regrets trading Mack. Maybe they turn those picks into some good players, but the odds of one of them being as good as him are probably pretty low.

Reply/Quote