Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I usually don't care one way or the other about uniforms, but....
The Browns look like shit.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Browns look like shit.

I was thinking more of this:
[Image: brachs-indian-corn-im-131309.jpg]

They resembled fecal matter more when they did the all brown ensemble:
[Image: Browns-all-brown-uniform.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They need to make the Brown an accent color and use the Orange and white mostly.

Bowling Green has done about as much as you can do with these colors .
Reply/Quote

If it's brown, flush it down!
Reply/Quote

Isn't jersey revenue split-up and shared across all teams?  If so, I wonder if the league forced them into a big change like this to make their fans by new jerseys and contribute a slightly larger piece of the pie.  There's no way anyone with eyesight thought this would be an upgrade.
Reply/Quote
The Browns would look like shit in burlap.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
The 49er uniforms tonight look dreadful too.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 11:37 PM)Joelist Wrote: The 49er uniforms tonight look dreadful too.

Sure is strange to see em in black....
Reply/Quote
Nike is failing....
Reply/Quote
The color brown in a uniform is not the problem. It was the way it was matched with neon orange. Their uniforms were never flashy, but they did not look bad just because they featured the color brown. Now they look silly.

Also agree that the Forty-niners looked strange in black. Those uniforms did not look as bad as the Browns, but I have no idea why San Francisco would o with alternate uniforms that don't look nealy as nice as their regular uniforms. It always looks a little strange to wear a helmet that doesn't match any other color on the uniform. if they wanted black uniforms they should have still included some of the gold to go with the helmet.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 11:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The color brown in a uniform is not the problem.  It was the way it was matched with neon orange.  Their uniforms were never flashy, but they did not look bad just because they featured the color brown.  Now they look silly.

Also agree that the Forty-niners looked strange in black.  Those uniforms did not look as bad as the Browns, but I have no idea why San Francisco would o with alternate uniforms that don't look nealy as nice as their regular uniforms.  It always looks a little strange to wear a helmet that doesn't match any other color on the uniform.  if they wanted black uniforms they should have still included some of the gold to go with the helmet.

The Browns numbers have that cheap discount look. They gotta get out of the brown color.

They need something like this:

[Image: EBhlYSQ.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 04:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The Browns numbers have that cheap discount look.   They gotta get out of the brown color.  

They need something like this:  

[Image: EBhlYSQ.jpg]

See, I think the Brown jerseys are the best look for them as long as it's with white pants.  All orange just makes them Clemson or the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 05:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote:  All orange just makes them Clemson or the Bengals.

Or Bowling green

If your team is called the "Browns" then you should have some brown in the uniform.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 08:04 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Isn't jersey revenue split-up and shared across all teams?  If so, I wonder if the league forced them into a big change like this to make their fans by new jerseys and contribute a slightly larger piece of the pie.  There's no way anyone with eyesight thought this would be an upgrade.

The Browns thought it would be an upgrade, just as they thought Dwayne Bowe would be this year. Just like they thought Trent Richardson and Brandon Weeden along with a plethora of quarterbacks would be upgrades. Their uniforms are pretty much in keeping with their apparent overall desire to be also-rans!
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 05:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Or Bowling green

If your team is called the "Browns" then you should have some brown in the uniform.

Doesn't have to be a primary color. Can use it to accent.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 06:33 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Doesn't have to be a primary color.   Can use it to accent.
Or it can be used to bring out the players' eyes. Ninja
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

So do the 49ers.. what ugly uniform.. god help if the Browns and 49ers play against each other this year... wish Joan Rivers was still alive to trash them both
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 06:22 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: So do the 49ers.. what ugly uniform.. god help if the Browns and 49ers play against each other this year... wish Joan Rivers was still alive to trash them both

There are a lot of bad uniforms in the NFL. And a lot of them are the "traditional" ones that no one wants to touch.

Looking at you: Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Jets, Patriots, Broncos, 49ers,

Pitt should keep helmets but the rest needs fixed .
Pats need to go back to 1980's uniforms .
Broncos need to go back to the 80's as well.
49ers late 80's or early 90's was their best.
Jets need a whole new deal. Let Nike go crazy.
Browns ... Same as the jets. Let Nike go nuts.
Reply/Quote
They could put their logo on their helmet.

[Image: ClevelandBrowns.png]
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 06:22 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: So do the 49ers.. what ugly uniform.. god help if the Browns and 49ers play against each other this year... wish Joan Rivers was still alive to trash them both

(09-15-2015, 11:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Also agree that the Forty-niners looked strange in black.  Those uniforms did not look as bad as the Browns, but I have no idea why San Francisco would go with alternate uniforms that don't look nearly as nice as their regular uniforms.  It always looks a little strange to wear a helmet that doesn't match any other color on the uniform.  if they wanted black uniforms they should have still included some of the gold to go with the helmet.

Plus the Niners black uniforms just looked cheap.
Reply/Quote