Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've got nothing...
I've got nothing to ***** and complain about this week.

This team is firing on all cylinders right now. The defense looked amazing, the offense is finally starting to come around. The team is arriving.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 01:34 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I've got nothing to ***** and complain about this week.

This team is firing on all cylinders right now. The defense looked amazing, the offense is finally starting to come around. The team is arriving.

There's always the practice bubble  Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’ll be the naysayer. Why cant the team convert a 3rd and 1? It’s a reoccuring theme this season. Aside from that I am absolutely thrilled with whats going on.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 01:34 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I've got nothing to ***** and complain about this week.

You can always ride this train: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Mike-Brown-should-get-rid-of-the-post-game-who-dey-chant

Cheers
Reply/Quote
Brown family still hasn't transferred all their wealth to my bank account.. Dammit.. Whatever
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 01:43 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: I’ll be the naysayer. Why cant the team convert a 3rd and 1? It’s a reoccuring theme this season. Aside from that I am absolutely thrilled with whats going on.

Taylor seems intent on calling runs up the middle into stacked boxes.  They faked jet sweep action on one of those and it looked wide open.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 01:43 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: I’ll be the naysayer. Why cant the team convert a 3rd and 1? It’s a reoccuring theme this season. Aside from that I am absolutely thrilled with whats going on.

I will say - the QB sneak on a long 3rd and 1 was an atrocious call/execution. Same with the back to back runs on 2nd and 3rd and 1.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 02:05 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I will say - the QB sneak on a long 3rd and 1 was an atrocious call/execution. Same with the back to back runs on 2nd and 3rd and 1.

There yah go, something to complain about lol
Reply/Quote
The only thing I have is, How the hell that game wasn't nationally televised!!
Reply/Quote
Well. Joe still has small hands and there's nothing we can do about it.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 01:51 PM)grampahol Wrote: Brown family still hasn't transferred all their wealth to my bank account.. Dammit.. Whatever

I got a big, fat check on Friday. Maybe you should call Katie and ask her about it.
Reply/Quote
O-line PFF grades:

Jonah Williams - 68.5
Quinton Spain - 75.2
Trey Hopkins - 45.3
Jackson Carman - 44.4
Riley Reiff - 64.4

Let the arrows fly, but that's pretty blah. We might win a championship with a pretty blech line, but when 2/5ths of your line is grading THAT badly, that needs to be your priority in the offseason.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 02:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: O-line PFF grades:

Jonah Williams - 68.5
Quinton Spain - 75.2
Trey Hopkins - 45.3
Jackson Carman - 44.4
Riley Reiff - 64.4

Let the arrows fly, but that's pretty blah. We might win a championship with a pretty blech line, but when 2/5ths of your line is grading THAT badly, that needs to be your priority in the offseason.

With that kind of rating we will never win the PFF Lombardy trophy.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote

Jonah Williams - 68.5
Quinton Spain - 75.2
Trey Hopkins - 45.3
Jackson Carman - 44.4
Riley Reiff - 64.4

That is worse then the Chiefs line last season that was...  Ninja Ninja
Reply/Quote

Jonah Williams - 68.5
Quinton Spain - 75.2
Trey Hopkins - 45.3
Jackson Carman - 44.4
Riley Reiff - 64.4

The only blech is PFF itself

I have lost all faith in that website. Eye test + results > PFF trash heap
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 03:30 PM)Stewy Wrote: The only blech is PFF itself

I have lost all faith in that website. Eye test + results > PFF trash heap

I feel they've been pretty accurate. Hopkins and Carman have been pretty rough.

The line has held up better than last year for sure, but it's still been shaky at times, largely due to the interior. We gave up a ton of pressures yesterday, but Burrow did a good job avoiding some sacks and making plays.

We've also struggled running in some short yardage situations, which may play into those overall grades. Carman is a rookie, so hopefully we see some growth as the season progresses.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Put a better center next to Carman (who should be improved in his 2nd year at OG), re-sign Spain and Reiff, and this OL could potentially move from adequate to actually pretty good.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 03:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Put a better center next to Carman (who should be improved in his 2nd year at OG), re-sign Spain and Reiff, and this OL could potentially move from adequate to actually pretty good.

That's quietly a lot of if's.

If we re-sign Spain and Reiff.
If Carman makes a big jump.
If we sign/draft a good Center.

It can certainly be done, I just think you're making it sound like a little simpler and forgone than it actually will be.
Reply/Quote

Jonah Williams - 68.5
Quinton Spain - 75.2
Trey Hopkins - 45.3
Jackson Carman - 44.4
Riley Reiff - 64.4

I felt like the OL played poorly in the first half but great in the second half. 

IMO the Bengals need to go completely all in and trade for an offensive line upgrade. I know the price may be steep, but at this point im willing to part with a second round pick plus other picks. 

The time is now. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 04:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's quietly a lot of if's.

If we re-sign Spain and Reiff.
If Carman makes a big jump.
If we sign/draft a good Center.

It can certainly be done, I just think you're making it sound like a little simpler and forgone than it actually will be.

What’s the alternative? You have to re-sign at least one of Spain or Reiff (preferably both), and upgrading center should be the priority, whether it be in the draft or FA. Carman has played well enough to make me believe they see him as a starter going forward.

Reply/Quote