Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've gotta give the Bengals credit...
(02-07-2018, 12:00 PM)PV Bengal Wrote: And THAT'S why I call that team from $hit$burg "The Squealers". ROMLMFAO.

damn straight my friend!! Rep

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 05:22 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Bengals should have kept Elliot IMO. You dont dispense a kicker you drafted in the fifth round based on pre season performances. 
I mean I understand why they didn't - Elliot was not as consistent.  But he had the higher ceiling, and the year we did not have an offensive line would have been a good year to work him towards that ceiling.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 11:06 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: For them NOT hiring Matt Patricia.

Now, I say that tongue in cheek because I dont think he was ever a serious head coaching candidate for the Bengals (although the local media seemed to love him), but man im glad they didnt hire him.

I can honestly sit here and say I would rather have Marvin than him. The guy is a fraud and his defense finally got exposed for what it was last night.

Josh McDaniels on the other hand...

Yeah, i wasn't impressed with that Defense all year long.

McDaniels was one of the guys i wanted if we got a new HC.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 04:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, i wasn't impressed with that Defense all year long.

McDaniels was one of the guys i wanted if we got a new HC.

So what defense did impress you then? Why is a top 5 offense with one of the best QBs of all time that's a top 5 offense every year regardless of the OC more impressive then a top 5 defensive with mostly a bunch if no names on it? 
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 06:10 PM)Sweetness Wrote: So what defense did impress you then? Why is a top 5 offense with one of the best QBs of all time that's a top 5 offense every year regardless of the OC more impressive then a top 5 defensive with mostly a bunch if no names on it? 

Neither impressed me.

It was terrible Defense on both sides.

The Eagles just made the plays when it mattered.

McDaniels has been a decent OC when he hasn't had Brady too, have to acknowledge that correct?
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2018, 03:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Neither impressed me.

It was terrible Defense on both sides.

The Eagles just made the plays when it mattered.

McDaniels has been a decent OC when he hasn't had Brady too, have to acknowledge that correct?

I'm not talking about just the two Superbowl defenses. What defense in the league impresses you guys then? Can't be the Jags because they got shredded by the Steelers, can't be the Steelers because they were shredded by the Jags, can't be the Vikings and Zimmer because they were also shredded by the Eagles. 

People claiming this game indicates he wouldn't be a good HC must think there isn't a single good HC candidate in the entire league then because all defenses have games where they get ripped. 

I'm not not acknowledging he's a good OC, I think he is. I'm saying people who claim he's good but the DC is bad don't make any sense with their reasoning. 
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 02:59 PM)Sweetness Wrote: I'm not talking about just the two Superbowl defenses. What defense in the league impresses you guys then? Can't be the Jags because they got shredded by the Steelers, can't be the Steelers because they were shredded by the Jags, can't be the Vikings and Zimmer because they were also shredded by the Eagles. 

People claiming this game indicates he wouldn't be a good HC must think there isn't a single good HC candidate in the entire league then because all defenses have games where they get ripped. 

I'm not not acknowledging he's a good OC, I think he is. I'm saying people who claim he's good but the DC is bad don't make any sense with their reasoning. 

True enough, it is an Offensive league that is for sure.

Every Defense gets torched some time. I just wasn't impressed with Patricia's Defense all of last year.

Not much of a pass rush to speak of and got beat in both the run and passing game tons.

This is with having Brady at QB that keeps that Defense fresh.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 02:59 PM)Sweetness Wrote: I'm not talking about just the two Superbowl defenses. What defense in the league impresses you guys then? Can't be the Jags because they got shredded by the Steelers, can't be the Steelers because they were shredded by the Jags, can't be the Vikings and Zimmer because they were also shredded by the Eagles. 

WHATTTTTT?????? to start with, the Jags defense kicked the shit out of the stoolers in both games as far as I'm concerned and showed the entire league how to stand up against those idiots. PERIOD!! It was a thing of BEAUTY!!!

Reply/Quote

One thing I can say for sure about Matt Patricia: he's not Marvin Lewis. I'd take him over Marv in a second and never think twice about it.

Now, could Patricia be worse than Marv in the long run? Of course. But he would have been a change from the status quo, for better or worse. It's a risk I would have been completely fine with. I'd certainly be more excited for primetime, steeler and playoff games with Patricia as head coah. Right now, (Barring a lucky bounce) all are essentially hopeless.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 04:23 PM)RASCAL Wrote: WHATTTTTT?????? to start with, the Jags defense kicked the shit out of the stoolers in both games as far as I'm concerned and showed the entire league how to stand up against those idiots. PERIOD!! It was a thing of BEAUTY!!!

Giving up 41 points is kicking the shit out of someone? 
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 04:43 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: One thing I can say for sure about Matt Patricia: he's not Marvin Lewis. I'd take him over Marv in a second and never think twice about it.

Now, could Patricia be worse than Marv in the long run? Of course. But he would have been a change from the status quo, for better or worse. It's a risk I would have been completely fine with. I'd certainly be more excited for primetime, steeler and playoff games with Patricia as head coah. Right now, (Barring a lucky bounce) all are essentially hopeless.

Cannot disagree with you here Pat.

Just hoping Pollack can coach up the O-line so we can run the ball so we can carry Marv's lame ass to a Playoff win.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2018, 05:36 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Giving up 41 points is kicking the shit out of someone? 

the Jags defense was in the garbage protect that allowed the stooges to score 41, but guess what??? it still wasn't enough for the stoolers to win. As long as you score more than your opponent!

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 12:46 PM)RASCAL Wrote: the Jags defense was in the garbage protect that allowed the stooges to score 41, but guess what??? it still wasn't enough for the stoolers to win. As long as you score more than your opponent!

And whoever said that not being the worst at things doesn't win championships?

It's not exactly a ringing endorsement, but neither is being the worst at things..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote