Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I've wasted my prime message board posting years on the Bengals...
Great news Pistons, you've been traded to the Browns MB. Have fun! LOL

Edit: Never mind, the paperwork fell through. Sorry Pistons.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 09:22 PM)treee Wrote: Great news Pistons, you've been traded to the Browns MB. Have fun! LOL

Edit: Never mind, the paperwork fell through. Sorry Pistons.

I don't know. Derron Smith was pretty happy to sign there.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 10:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know. Derron Smith was pretty happy to sign there.

He was probably just happy to not be on a practice squad because of a backup kicker.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 12:26 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm a HOF caliber poster. If this were a Steelers or Cowboys board I'd be there already.

I blame this on being in a small market. Not enough fans. In Dallas I'd be more appreciated. I'd be able to post positive things without sounding sarcastic.

I just checked PFPF (pro football posting focus, duh), and your posting grade is 75.6 

And i cannot BELIEVE bfine hasn't posted this yet. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2017, 11:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Dillon, Pickens, Palmer, Atkins, Green, Dalton...all wasted their prime years for the Bengals. Putting in lots of effort for little results or accolades.

I consider myself in the same category.

I began posting in the late 90's. I remember people talking about how Akili Smith would turn things around for us. I remember a guy saying that Edgerrin James would get drafted ahead of Ricky Williams and people laughing at him. James did and James had a better career.

I've been an optimist for much of my Bengals posting tenure. I've been naieve. I've attributed the 90's to bad luck drafting. The Carter injury. Guys just turning into busts.

It took me years to see the big picture...that an NFL Team is more than the stars it has. That it has to have a balanced roster with not too many weaknesses.

Well, doing a PFF study today...I realized that we have 17 guys who play regularly that are graded as Poor.

We are some 31 years into my fandom...and my favorite team has 17 guys rated poor! 17!!!

We're about as far away from a Super Bowl as ever. No management changes coming. Marvin is the villain. Dalton is the villain.

Status quo.

I toil away on my keyboard.

Maybe next year...until next year...then it's maybe the next year.

The cycle of a Bengals fan.
Not to mention all the time we've wasted reading your posts.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 11:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not to mention all the time we've wasted reading your posts.

I've had no mentors and bad coaching.
Reply/Quote
My pants are ruined. Great thread.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 12:27 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: My pants are ruined.

We have no baseline to compare this statement to.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 01:18 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We have no baseline to compare this statement to.

They were solid white pants.
Reply/Quote
The good news is that the Brown family isn't going to send goons to your home to break your legs if you quit being a fan of this team. They will however send subliminal messages through games on TV telling you that failure to comply will make your penis smaller.  
Edit..more good news. It doesn't really matter if the team wins or loses. By winning the only compensation fans get is the right to go 'yey' and nothing else. That and $2.50 will maybe get you a cup of really shitty coffee at Dennys.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2017, 12:26 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm a HOF caliber poster. If this were a Steelers or Cowboys board I'd be there already.

I blame this on being in a small market. Not enough fans. In Dallas I'd be more appreciated. I'd be able to post positive things without sounding sarcastic.

If you were a draft pick, you would have my sympathy.  But being a UDFA, you had the option of signing elsewhwere.  And we all know you had MANY offers, so it was your fault you signed on here.

The fault is on you.

If you had been a team message boarder, we could've been something.    The board had faith in you, but you just had to be a malcontent and board disruption.

Some things were easy to look away, but some of the antics were too big to overlook.  Things like changing you name to Pisto Cinco just create a distraction that brings the whole board down.  All we want to do is come in and make a good post.  Instead we have reporters like Owczarski lurking around Jungle Noise for inside scoops as to how your antics were dividing the virtual locker room.

We could have been a Super Bow caliber board.  But it was YOU, my friend, who wasted OUR prime posting years, not the other way around.

Rock On Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 12:04 PM)grampahol Wrote: The good news is that the Brown family isn't going to send goons to your home to break your legs if you quit being a fan of this team. They will however send subliminal messages through games on TV telling you that failure to comply will make your penis smaller.  
Edit..more good news. It doesn't really matter if the team wins or loses. By winning the only compensation fans get is the right to go 'yey' and nothing else. That and $2.50 will maybe get you a cup of really shitty coffee at Dennys.

You've just rationalized that 2nd sentence. There are no subliminal messages.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 12:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You've just rationalized that 2nd sentence. There are no subliminal messages.  Hilarious

I've been complying for 45 years, and the ladies love that I have!
Reply/Quote
If this is your prime I can not wait to see your declining years....joking Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Usually I like your posts, but how many threads are you gonna make tonight dude? Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
On a Steelers or Cowboys board I'd be applauded for my volume.

Here the fans have been so beaten down by losing that I'm the problem.
Reply/Quote
I've always thought of you as a lunch-pail type with a very high motor. Wait, you are white...right?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've always thought of you as a lunch-pail type with a very high motor. Wait, you are white...right?

Lmao top class commentary on how fans describe certain players.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've always thought of you as a lunch-pail type with a very high motor. Wait, you are white...right?

If not he's a real class act. Just a true athlete.

Or maybe a firecracker, just a real passionate guy.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If not he's a real class act. Just a true athlete.

Or maybe a firecracker, just a real passionate guy.

Ninja

He's scrappy. Sneaky athletic posting ability. A gamer. Very gritty with good fundamentals. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote