Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
I was at the game yesterday...
(01-03-2022, 12:06 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: And it was the best feeling I've had after being a fan for 30 plus years...ever.

It was the best game I've ever seen and the biggest win I've ever been a part of. The atmosphere and the crowd were incredible. The way we came back and the way this team believed was incredible.

I let out the biggest primal yell of my life when that ball went through the uprights to help us clinch the division title. After that, I literally started crying.

The most exciting thing about all of this is that with this team...it's JUST getting started. Division titles, playoff wins, and hopefully many years of Super Bowl runs are in the near future.

Who Dey and props to everyone that was at the game and who has put in time and effort over the years supporting this team. Finally we get some return on our emotional (and financial) investment.

During the game, particularly the last two minutes, I was the most nervous I've been during a Bengals game that I can remember. Then immediately after they won, the most excited I've been about this team in a very long time. Maybe ever. 

I think I almost started crying. Then my wife pointed it out, and ruined my goddamned moment. Unforgivable. 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 12:06 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: And it was the best feeling I've had after being a fan for 30 plus years...ever.

It was the best game I've ever seen and the biggest win I've ever been a part of. The atmosphere and the crowd were incredible. The way we came back and the way this team believed was incredible.

I let out the biggest primal yell of my life when that ball went through the uprights to help us clinch the division title. After that, I literally started crying.

The most exciting thing about all of this is that with this team...it's JUST getting started. Division titles, playoff wins, and hopefully many years of Super Bowl runs are in the near future.

Who Dey and props to everyone that was at the game and who has put in time and effort over the years supporting this team. Finally we get some return on our emotional (and financial) investment.

Thats awesome man!  Your description reminded me of watching breech clinch home field in 88 against the redskins.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't know if you were there, but screw 2005, this team has me feeling exactly what I was feeling with both the Anderson and Esiason led Super Bowl teams. Complete teams, both sides of the ball. We can win it all this year, and if we don't, we'll reload in the draft and FA and be right back here next year.

Neither the '81 team nor the '88 team had had a really good defense.  Difference was that both of those teams had the #1 scoring offense in the league.  Our offense this year is good but not #1 (5th in points, 9th in yards).  We will probably meet teams in the postseason that have better offenses than ours.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Neither the '81 team nor the '88 team had had a really good defense.  Difference was that both of those teams had the #1 scoring offense in the league.  Our offense this year is good but not #1 (5th in points, 9th in yards).  We will probably meet teams in the postseason that have better offenses than ours.

True but the Bengals offense seems to be peaking at the right time. They have had back to back great games so hopefully they can keep that going. They can be just as good as any of the top offenses (Tampa, GB, KC etc), as we saw yesterday, when they don’t turn the ball over and give Burrow at least a little time to throw.
I am not predicting a SB just yet but they are very capable of winning some playoff games this year.
Reply/Quote

I wasn't there, but it was HUGE from the couch. I guess the best times I've had at a Bengals game were in 88 against Washington to clinch home field advantage, and the 2015 comeback against Seattle. I was sitting behind the upright Nuge doinked the game winner off of.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 12:47 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Hard to argue the stats, but I seem to remember having a pretty great defense in 05.  Wasn't that deltha oneal, pollack, thurman, etc?  I'm old now and suffer from CRS (can't remember sh**).

Yes, but that defense thrived off turnovers. With no turnovers, they were suspect.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:17 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Thats awesome man!  Your description reminded me of watching breech clinch home field in 88 against the redskins.

You were there too? Cool

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:35 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: True but the Bengals offense seems to be peaking at the right time. They have had back to back great games so hopefully they can keep that going.  They can be just as good as any of the top offenses (Tampa, GB, KC etc), as we saw yesterday, when they don’t turn the ball over and give Burrow at least a little time to throw.
I am not predicting a SB just yet but they are very capable of winning some playoff games this year.

There's your key....the turnovers lost at least two games this year, arguably three.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:10 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Nah. The Chiefs just lost to the top dog in the AFC. People just don't realize it yet. 

then we need to show it by winning especially that first game which is home or the feeling of not winning in playoffs will just continue
Reply/Quote
BTW Weezy, y'all were awesome yesterday. Big time crowd energy.

Reply/Quote
I wasn't there but for sure it's one of the best feelings I've had as a Bengals fan in......well it doesn't matter.

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:51 PM)Wyche Wrote: You were there too? Cool

Yes I was.  17-14, good guys win in ol cookie cutter riverfront stadium!
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:27 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Yes I was.  17-14, good guys win in ol cookie cutter riverfront stadium!

My first ever NFL game....what a doozy! That place was rocking that day, literally.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: My first ever NFL game....what a doozy! That place was rocking that day, literally.

My first game was the cowboys when I was 10.  Boomer got mop up duty after Kenny and the boys whipped up tom Landry's boys.

I was a cowboys fan then and my dad and his buddy had a good time talking smack til I cried over my cowboys taking a loss.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 12:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Too many fans think defense does not count.

The '05 Bengals had a poor defense and was not a serious Super Bowl contender.  This year's defense is better than the '05 team, but still a problem when talking about winning a Championship.

Both the teams from '13 (#6 scoring offense, #5 scoring defense) and the '15 (#7 scoring offense, #2 scoring defense) were mor balanced  and more likely to win a championship than the teams from '05 (#4 scoring offense, #22 scoring defense) and this year (#5 scoring offense, #18 scoring defense).

I am not bashing the current team.  Once a team gets in the playoffs anything can happen, but neither the '05 team nor this year's team had the best offense in the league that could just steamroll every opponent.

Good offense is better than good defense these days in the NFL. It just is. Look at SB winners in recent history - Chiefs, all those Patriots teams, etc. Elite offenses with capable and good enough defenses. That's what this years Bengals are.

That being said, I mentioned the Dalton Bengals the year he broke his hand as being elite mainly because of their defense. It was elite. Once Mccarron took over as QB for that team though they just werent SB contenders. He just wasn't good enough. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:40 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: My first game was the cowboys when I was 10.  Boomer got mop up duty after Kenny and the boys whipped up tom Landry's boys.

I was a cowboys fan then and my dad and his buddy had a good time talking smack til I cried over my cowboys taking a loss.

I was 12 in 88....had been a fan a few years. A couple of dads in our circle of friends took a few of us kids up to the game. I remember it being cold as hell, Welcome to the Jungle had just dropped, and Riverfront could be felt moving. Awesome memory.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't know if you were there, but screw 2005, this team has me feeling exactly what I was feeling with both the Anderson and Esiason led Super Bowl teams. Complete teams, both sides of the ball. We can win it all this year, and if we don't, we'll reload in the draft and FA and be right back here next year.

Yep. I agree. 

I was actually at that 2005 game. We would have won that game 100% if CP didn't get hurt.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:43 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yep. I agree. 

I was actually at that 2005 game. We would have won that game 100% if CP didn't get hurt.

You spelled "if cower hadn't told von oelhoffen to sweep the leg" wrong.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:10 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Nah. The Chiefs just lost to the top dog in the AFC. People just don't realize it yet. 
Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey
Reply/Quote
The last minute of the game, I had to drive my son (who is also a Bengals fan) to wrestling practice. If you are late, you have to do non-stop burpees for the amount of minutes you are late. We also had to drive another kid (not a Bengals fan). I told my son that after the next down (the 4th down play), we will run to the car and go to practice. Probably would have just made it in time after picking up the other kid. Needless to say, that wasn’t the last down due to the penalty.

I said we have to leave now or you will be late. He said, hell no. He will do burpees till he pukes as long as the Bengals win. A minute or two later, I get a text from the other kids dad who said “I totally understand why you are late. Hope your Bengals pull this out. My son needs to extra burpees anyway to lose the holiday weight gain”.

We were 8 minutes late. The wrestling coach, a fellow New Jerseyan, told my son he will only have to do 1 minute in honor of Ja’Maar Chase (1). My son told me he did the 1 minute, then 8 minutes more for Joe Burrow (9).
Reply/Quote