Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
I was at the game yesterday...
(01-03-2022, 12:15 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I agree that this was the best win and the best feeling as a Bengals fan for me. We've had other playoff years, but barely any of them felt like we could go and win the Super Bowl.

In 2009, we were the cardiac cats and I honestly never felt like we dominated anyone other than the Bears, so I was skeptical of whether or not we'd win in the playoffs. Especially since we were playing the Jets, who we'd just lost to in the final week of the season (granted, we were resting our starters, but still, it was weird).

In 2011, we had a rookie QB and were just happy to be there. 2012 to 2014, Dalton was in his prime "Bad Dalton/Good Dalton" phase and it was hard to really believe he would be clutch in the playoffs and 2015, the one year Dalton felt clutch and fully "arrived," he gets injured and we limped into the playoffs with McCarron leading our offense.

Maybe older fans had this same feeling in 2005, I can't be sure. I became a fan in 2004, so 2005 was still relatively new to me and I don't think I fully appreciated that team for what it was.

Burrow is just built different. I don't know if we'll win the playoffs, but this is the best I've ever felt about our chances of winning in the post season before and I am so excited to see if they can pull it off!

Having been a fan since the early 80's, I've only seen three Bengal offenses that make me feel as though they can score on anyone  88, 2005 and 2021.  Even 2015 didn't give me that vibe, but it was of course a very good team.  What 88, and 05 share with 21 is having an opportunistic, but not awesome defense to keep games close, 88 especially.  What 21 lacks compares to the other two is that in 88 and 05 we the height of quality for our OLines and thus stellar running games.  (The league changing play action passing game of Sam Wyche wouldn't have worked without a running game). Those were some of the best OLines not only that we've ever had, but that ever were.  We need to focus on that in the off season, to take as much advantage as possible of the young skill positions that we have ATM.

But from a gut feeling point of view, this is a rare Bengals team we are watching, IMO.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 12:06 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: And it was the best feeling I've had after being a fan for 30 plus years...ever.

It was the best game I've ever seen and the biggest win I've ever been a part of. The atmosphere and the crowd were incredible. The way we came back and the way this team believed was incredible.

I let out the biggest primal yell of my life when that ball went through the uprights to help us clinch the division title. After that, I literally started crying.

The most exciting thing about all of this is that with this team...it's JUST getting started. Division titles, playoff wins, and hopefully many years of Super Bowl runs are in the near future.

Who Dey and props to everyone that was at the game and who has put in time and effort over the years supporting this team. Finally we get some return on our emotional (and financial) investment.

So you're saying there was VIBE?  
Who Dey
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:05 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: So you're saying there was VIBE?  
Who Dey

I think that's EXACTLY what he's saying T!  Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:05 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: So you're saying there was VIBE?*  
Who Dey

*Feeling a vibe is subjective and cannot be proven right or wrong by any accepted criteria. Thus, to say someone's vibe is 100% wrong is nothing short of sheer stupidity. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:16 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: During the game, particularly the last two minutes, I was the most nervous I've been during a Bengals game that I can remember. Then immediately after they won, the most excited I've been about this team in a very long time. Maybe ever. 

I think I almost started crying. Then my wife pointed it out, and ruined my goddamned moment. Unforgivable. 

My daughter was crying, which is amazing because she only cries when someone dies.  She said that was the first time in her life she has cried tears of joy. We always tease her that she has no tear ducts.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:16 PM)Earendil Wrote: My daughter was crying, which is amazing because she only cries when someone dies.  She said that was the first time in her life she has cried tears of joy. We always tease her that she has no tear ducts.

That's pretty funny to read about your child. My son saw my excitement when they won and then was like, "I guess you really have taken them not winning a playoff game since you were around my age hard." It's crazy to think about it from my own perspective. The last time they Bengals were "it" and went to the Super Bowl I was basically the age my son is now. I sooooooooo hope Taylor, Burrow, and everyone else can get us a playoff win and more.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:13 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: *Feeling a vibe is subjective and cannot be proven right or wrong by any accepted criteria. Thus, to say someone's vibe is 100% wrong is nothing short of sheer stupidity. 

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:59 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: The last minute of the game, I had to drive my son (who is also a Bengals fan) to wrestling practice. If you are late, you have to do non-stop burpees for the amount of minutes you are late. We also had to drive another kid (not a Bengals fan). I told my son that after the next down (the 4th down play), we will run to the car and go to practice. Probably would have just made it in time after picking up the other kid. Needless to say, that wasn’t the last down due to the penalty.

I said we have to leave now or you will be late. He said, hell no. He will do burpees till he pukes as long as the Bengals win. A minute or two later, I get a text from the other kids dad who said “I totally understand why you are late. Hope your Bengals pull this out. My son needs to extra burpees anyway to lose the holiday weight gain”.

We were 8 minutes late. The wrestling coach, a fellow New Jerseyan, told my son he will only have to do 1 minute in honor of Ja’Maar Chase (1). My son told me he did the 1 minute, then 8 minutes more for Joe Burrow (9).

lol thats an awesome story. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:13 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: *Feeling a vibe is subjective and cannot be proven right or wrong by any accepted criteria. Thus, to say someone's vibe is 100% wrong is nothing short of sheer stupidity. 

If there was a vibe then everyone would feel it.  Just like if there was a sound everyone would here it.

if you are talking about feelings specific to an individual that is not the same as a vibe.  Just like hearing voices in your head does not mean someone is actually talking.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If there was a vibe then everyone would feel it.  Just like if there was a sound everyone would here it.

if you are talking about feelings specific to an individual that is not the same as a vibe.  Just like hearing voices in your head does not mean someone is actually talking.

Incorrect. A vibe can be specific to one person.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:47 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Incorrect. A vibe can be specific to one person.

To some people maybe.  Just like the voices they hear in their heads that they think are real.  And then they get all bent when they ask if everyone else can hear them and someone says "No".

I feel kind of sorry for those people.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: To some people maybe.  Just like the voices they hear in their heads that they think are real.  And then they get all bent when they ask if everyone else can hear them and someone says "No".

We are all sad for you.  You're apparent inability to be nonanalytical in this undeniable exciting time is impressive.  Ever just go with it fred?
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I still feel we are a couple of pieces short, especially on the O-Line. But I think Burrow & Chase are so good they give us a chance to beat anybody.

This is the third time, post Boomer, I have thought we had a legit shot.

The last time was 2015. I had the feeling twice. The hot start before Andy broke his thumb. We still finished 12-4. AJ, Marvin Jones, Sanu, & Eifert. Tyler made the PB and had 13 TDs. Hill & Gio in the backfield. Geno, Dunlap, Burfict, Leon Hall. Reggie Nelson had 8 picks. Carlos & Geno double digit sacks. Whit & Zeitler anchoring the line. I thought we had a pro-bowl worthy player at virtually every spot save RB (Hill & Gio both over 700 yards): Dalton, AJ, Eifert, Whit, Zeitler; Dunlap, Geno, Burfict, Pacman, Nelson. They all made it save for VB & Zeitler. Then Andy got hurt. We were losing the WC game. Then McCarron rallied us to a winning position in that game and I thought, "Lordy, if we can beat Pitt with a backup QB, we could win the whole thing if Andy returns.."

Then the meltdown. Jones & Sanu left. Eifert got hurt. Ogbuehi for Smith at RT. Hall & Nelson left. The O struggled. We went 6-9-1. Then Whit & Zeitler left and that was that.

The time before that was brief. Palmer. Coming undone due to WC loss to Pitt. Palmer's knee getting destroyed. Palmer, Chad, Housh, and Henry. Rudi Johnson. Big Willie & Levi Jones at tackle. Steinbach & Bobbie Williams at guard. Braham at C. Justin Smith on D. Simmons, Thurman, and Pollack at LB.

Palmer completes a bomb and hurts his knee. Thurman gets busted for substance abuse & never contributes again. Ditto Pollack due to injury. Palmer had some more goid years (2006, 2009), but we neber felt like true contenders again. Housh was gone by 2009 (Coles).
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:43 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yep. I agree. 

I was actually at that 2005 game. We would have won that game 100% if CP didn't get hurt.

If you are going to a playoff game, please have a thebengalsboard.com sign. I would if I were lucky enough to go to one.  Tiger
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:57 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: We are all sad for you. 

Don't be sad for me.

Feel sad for the people who have to start hurling personal insults at someone just for disagreeing with them.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:16 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: During the game, particularly the last two minutes, I was the most nervous I've been during a Bengals game that I can remember. Then immediately after they won, the most excited I've been about this team in a very long time. Maybe ever. 

I think I almost started crying. Then my wife pointed it out, and ruined my goddamned moment. Unforgivable. 

I definitely had tears in my eyes.  Luckily my wife was too engrossed in the game to notice it.  I know if I had been in the stadium with that eruption of emotion, I would have just collapsed into a weeping puddle when McPherson made that kick.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:21 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: That's pretty funny to read about your child. My son saw my excitement when they won and then was like, "I guess you really have taken them not winning a playoff game since you were around my age hard." It's crazy to think about it from my own perspective. The last time they Bengals were "it" and went to the Super Bowl I was basically the age my son is now. I sooooooooo hope Taylor, Burrow, and everyone else can get us a playoff win and more.

Now that you mention it i was 15 last time they won a playoff game.  My son is about to turn 14 and I am 47.   Never thought about it like that.  lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 12:47 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Hard to argue the stats, but I seem to remember having a pretty great defense in 05.  Wasn't that deltha oneal, pollack, thurman, etc?  I'm old now and suffer from CRS (can't remember sh**).

Is that the year they had a bunch of picks but were a crappy defense by every other metric? Like O’Neal and Tory Hanes were both demons that year picking off passes.

Edit: I looked it up. Delta had 10 himself made pro bowl, Odell had 5, Tory had 5. So 3 dudes accounted for 20 picks.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I feel good about this team and they're capable of beating anyone. That means they could win the Super Bowl. I felt really good about the 2015 team too. That team should've made a run at the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: To some people maybe.  Just like the voices they hear in their heads that they think are real.  And then they get all bent when they ask if everyone else can hear them and someone says "No".

You're wrong. You said if there was a vibe then everyone would feel it but in the post I'm addressing you claim there are "some people" that maybe feel the vibe which means not everyone does. Just admit you're wrong and then people won't hurl insults at you. Not that difficult.
Reply/Quote