Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I will watch the draft, and will be eating..
I would like to ANNOUNCE that I am definitely watching the draft, but I'm more curious as to what everyone will be enjoying while they watch the first round Thursday night?

I honestly don't know what I will be eating, so I'm posting this to steal ideas. I usually will get pizza and wings or Skyline. I'm undecided. I know nothing will ever match what the wife and I cooked up for the Super Bowl lol. Yikes that still hurts, sorry....

Whatchu eating/drinking????
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I would like to ANNOUNCE that I PERSONALLY WILL be watching the NFL draft and enjoying a giant center cut sirloin and potatoes on the grill and drinking a nice, seasonal Shiner candy pecan porter as well as probably a nice bourbon later that evening.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 10:17 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I would like to ANNOUNCE that I PERSONALLY WILL be watching the NFL draft and enjoying a giant center cut sirloin and potatoes on the grill and drinking a nice, seasonal Shiner candy pecan porter as well as probably a nice bourbon later that evening.

DELICIOUS. 

Reply/Quote
I have two softball games right before the draft... will miss the first 5 picks I bet.

However! I'll also be eating :) maybe I'll pick up some wings and pray the Bengals trade up
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I will also be watching the draft, and most likely enjoying an alcoholic beverage or 3 after dinner. Then I will likely proceed to fall asleep in my recliner about a half hour before the Bengals pick, as I get up around 5 am..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Speedy would like to announce that he will most definitely be watching the first ten picks, after which he will most likely be down for the night. True to his affinity for local products, he will be dining on BBQ Grippos and sipping Rhinegeist Truth until nodding off.

He will sleep soundly, secure in the certainty that those able to stay awake after 10 will bring home a winner at 31. However, he suspects we will trade out of it.
Reply/Quote
WVUHomer would like to announce that yes, he will be watching the draft (and listening to podcasts) while likely eating chicken tenders from the gas station near my parents house. Not sure if any beverages will be consumed however.
Reply/Quote
I don't have the NFL Network so I'm going to try to watch the draft if it's on Amazon prime or one of the network channels. I'm a little nervous for this draft because I think this year's draft is important for the Cincinnati Bengals.

I cook so I think I'm going to go with pan seared then grilled ribeye steak with homemade russet potato fries and I'll probably drink red wine.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 10:17 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I would like to ANNOUNCE that I PERSONALLY WILL be watching the NFL draft and enjoying a giant center cut sirloin and potatoes on the grill and drinking a nice, seasonal Shiner candy pecan porter as well as probably a nice bourbon later that evening.

If you haven't tried it before, I highly recommend air frying a steak.
It's really delicious that way.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 12:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I will also be watching the draft, and most likely enjoying an alcoholic beverage or 3 after dinner.  Then I will likely proceed to fall asleep in my recliner about a half hour before the Bengals pick, as I get up around 5 am..

Ah that sucks. I also have to wake up early as hell for work. I used to wake up at 3 and get here at 4. It's better now. 

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 01:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If you haven't tried it before, I highly recommend air frying a steak.

I can vouch! Wife and I have been using the ninja air fryer for a couple years and we make as much as possible in that thing.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 01:51 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I don't have the NFL Network so I'm going to try to watch the draft if it's on Amazon prime or one of the network channels.  I'm a little nervous for this draft because I think this year's draft is important for the Cincinnati Bengals.

I cook so I think I'm going to go with pan seared then grilled ribeye steak with homemade russet potato fries and I'll probably drink red wine.

Very nice, sounds amazing.

Reply/Quote
I will also be watching the draft. I'm gonna have to figure out what will be my snack ? I'm leaning tortilla chips with cheddar cheese ham bits and black olives. I doubt my old ass will make it until we pick though haha.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 01:51 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I don't have the NFL Network so I'm going to try to watch the draft if it's on Amazon prime or one of the network channels.  I'm a little nervous for this draft because I think this year's draft is important for the Cincinnati Bengals.

ABC had excellent coverage last year.  While ESPN had Kiper and McShay dueling egos, butting heads and generally making it unwatchable, ABC put out a quality product with people in the know, without the egos.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 01:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If you haven't tried it before, I highly recommend air frying a steak.

I would like to cook a steak in my air fryer.  However, with the price of meat being what it is these days, I just haven't been able to bring myself to risk ruining a 20oz T-bone..

Any suggestions for perfect Medium-Rare on a steak like the one described?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I will be watching the draft. My TV is on the wall above the fireplace. I will be laying down on the couch probably eating out of a bag of log pretzels. I will be drinking a bunch of Kroger BIG K cola cans. And I won't be answering the phone.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 02:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I would like to cook a steak in my air fryer.  However, with the price of meat being what it is these days, I just haven't been able to bring myself to risk ruining a 20oz T-bone..

Any suggestions for perfect Medium-Rare on a steak like the one described?

I generally follow this - https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/air-fryer-steak-with-garlic-herb-butter-8351429
I usually do medium, so I do 12 minutes at 400 degrees. Usually I'll cut it a bit when it's done to see if it needs a bit more time (sometimes the preheat isn't always correct).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Eh frying steaks I try to stay away from doing, plus it’s not as healthy since you are still frying it. I’m sure it’s fine and tasty though.

And of course I have a grill which makes meat taste good.
Reply/Quote
I will be watching the draft, as always. This year will be at a neighbor’s house outside with a fire pit.

I will be enjoying a nice Chianti, with some fava beans.

And celebrating as we crush our enemies, to see them driven before us, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 02:26 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I will be watching the draft.  My TV is on the wall above the fireplace.  I will be laying down on the couch probably eating out of a bag of log pretzels.  I will be drinking a bunch of Kroger BIG K cola cans.  And I won't be answering the phone.

RINGER OFF

Reply/Quote