Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
I wonder if I helped Tee Higgins.....
Tee Higgins was born in Oak Ridge Tennessee in 1999. In 1999 I was working for the Child Support Enforcement Office in Oak Ridge. Every mother who received government benefits for her child and was not living with the father was required to cooperate with the State Child Support Office in order to collect child support from the father. Since Higgin's mom was a drug addict I assume she (or whoever was raising Tee) was receiving some State benefits for him.

So I wonder if I ever helped Tee Higgins get child support from his father?

If his grandparents had him as a child then I might have helped get child support from his mother.

I am sure most of you don't care.

Just bored and thought I would share my musing.
Reply/Quote
BTW I hated Tee for years because he originally committed to UT before switching to Clemson. He was a huge high school star in both football and basketball.

But I like him now.
Reply/Quote
Interesting. Small world.
Reply/Quote
It all makes sense now.....
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2020, 04:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am sure most of you don't care.

Such musings are interesting.  Small world & funny how people can be connected.

I think you're obligated to buy Tee's jersey now or something.  Tiger
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Always a big prop to those of give of themselves
To help others who have less.good job Fred
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2020, 04:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tee Higgins was born in Oak Ridge Tennessee in 1999.  In 1999 I was working for the Child Support Enforcement Office in Oak Ridge.  Every mother who received government benefits for her child and was not living with the father was required to cooperate with the State Child Support Office in order to collect child support from the father.  Since Higgin's mom was a drug addict I assume she (or whoever was raising Tee) was receiving some State benefits for him.

If his grandparents had him as a child then I might have helped get child support from his mother.

Did you sing with Oak Ridge Boys?
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2020, 09:17 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Did you sing with Oak Ridge Boys?

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Knock it off..Everyone knows you were a mad scientist stealing nuclear secrets near Oak Ridge to be used to prop up Mike Brown..  Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2020, 04:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tee Higgins was born in Oak Ridge Tennessee in 1999. In 1999 I was working for the Child Support Enforcement Office in Oak Ridge. Every mother who received government benefits for her child and was not living with the father was required to cooperate with the State Child Support Office in order to collect child support from the father. Since Higgin's mom was a drug addict I assume she (or whoever was raising Tee) was receiving some State benefits for him.

I think the guy should at least say "thank you"...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2020, 04:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Tee Higgins was born in Oak Ridge Tennessee in 1999.  In 1999 I was working for the Child Support Enforcement Office in Oak Ridge.  Every mother who received government benefits for her child and was not living with the father was required to cooperate with the State Child Support Office in order to collect child support from the father.  Since Higgin's mom was a drug addict I assume she (or whoever was raising Tee) was receiving some State benefits for him.

I am sure most all of you don't care.

Fixed it for you.

j/k...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2020, 06:15 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Such musings are interesting.  Small world & funny how people can be connected.

I think you're obligated to buy Tee's jersey now or something.  Tiger

Idk he helped raised Tee if true so I think Higgins should wear a FredToast Jersey
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2020, 04:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: BTW I hated Tee for years because he originally committed to UT before switching to Clemson.  He was a huge high school star in both football and basketball.

But I like him now.

Wait...are you also a fellow Vol fan? I have seen you at just about every Bengals board since the invention of the internet lol and don't think I knew that. Tee, Amari Rodgers and Trevor Lawrence likely all would have ended up at UT had Butch Jones not been so incompetent. 
Reply/Quote

Overcoming a disadvantaged childhood, and clearing the hurdles of life seeming holding a deck stacked against one's chances of success really is an American success story.  Let's also not forget that for every positive story like Tee Higgins, there are also as many or more with not so positive outcomes, like Mark Walton..

Edit:  However, if Tee does turn out to be a big star, and you can trace evidence to show that you did indeed help him as a child, you might have cause for him to share the wealth with you.   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If he works out, thank you for possibly helping him.
If he's a bust, damn you, Fred. Damn you!

Mellow
Reply/Quote
That’s pretty awesome Fred! Thanks for your efforts.

Let’s just hope you didn’t treat his mom like you do many on these boards... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2020, 09:38 AM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: Wait...are you also a fellow Vol fan? 

I moved to Tennessee after I graduated from high school in Ohio.  I have lived there ever since except for a 3 year period in the early 90's.  I went to grad school at UT '86-'89.
Reply/Quote
That's a clown question bro. You were doing your job. This fan base can really be a trip sometime.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2020, 07:05 PM)John Shaft Wrote: That's a clown question bro. You were doing your job. This fan base can really be a trip sometime.

So firemen and paramedics never help people?

Interesting logic, Bro.  It sure proves what a trip this fanbase can be.
Reply/Quote
BTW I should mention that Higgins mother turned her life around. I did not mean to just trash her in this thread.
Reply/Quote