Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF BENGALS BEAT STEELERS, THEY CAN GO 10-6
I'm serious. If Bengals beat Steelers they are the best team left on the schedule. If Bengals can beat them, they can beat the others. Bengals who started 0-3 and have gone 5-3 since will show they have turned it around from 0-3 if they beat Steelers and can win out and go 10-6.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
They can.

They also can go 7-9.

I know where I'd put my money.
Reply/Quote
That is a pretty big "if" to get past. However, should they pull off the unlikely, and beat the hated rivals, on primetime, who knows what they could do.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 07:44 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: They can.

They also can go 7-9.

I know where I'd put my money.

If they beat Steelers, it would be foolish to put money on 7-9.   If they beat Steelers it means this team has improved greatly since 0-3 start. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Can the OP at least list the remaining schedule.

C'mon man!
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 07:50 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Can the OP at least  list the remaining schedule.  

C'mon man!

Sure....If Bengals beat Steelers they have just beat the best team left on schedule and gone 6-3 since bad start.  Left on schedule are Lions, Vikings, Bears, Ravens, none of them as good as Steelers.  If we can beat Steelers, we can beat them.  Also of note is Dalton is one of hottest NFL quarterbacks over last 5 games and his numbers are climbing to his normal Pro Bowl type numbers.  He has around 18 TD's and few interceptions. If he gets in the 30 touchdown area for the season it means he came on strong last 10 games of season.  Mixon is coming on.  The Defense with Atkins, Dunlap and all are hard to score on.  If the blocking improves and we get some blocking and beat Steelers, watch out for Bengals 6-3 last 9 games. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Sure, in theory they COULD but... Marvin Lewis in Primetime against Pittsburgh? That's a huge double-whammy against us. I just don't see it happening.

And even if by some miracle, we do beat Pittsburgh in Primetime, I guarantee you we blow it in one or more of the following games. It's just how things go with Marvin Lewis 
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 08:00 PM)kevin Wrote: Sure....If Bengals beat Steelers they have just beat the best team left on schedule and gone 6-3 since bad start.  Left on schedule are Lions, Vikings, Bears, Ravens, none of them as good as Steelers.  If we can beat Steelers, we can beat them.  Also of note is Dalton is one of hottest NFL quarterbacks over last 5 games and his numbers are climbing to his normal Pro Bowl type numbers.  He has around 18 TD's and few interceptions. If he gets in the 30 touchdown area for the season it means he came on strong last 10 games of season.  Mixon is coming on.  The Defense with Atkins, Dunlap and all are hard to score on.  If the blocking improves and we get some blocking and beat Steelers, watch out for Bengals 6-3 last 9 games. 

[Image: flying-donkey-294x300.jpg]

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Ermm..Any given Sunday scenario where any team can blow out any other team, but it ain't happening and I say this because this damned league goes out of its way to make a liar out of me..
Then again I did predict early in the season that we'd suddenly turn on the jets and run the tables to make all the bookies happy and chumps of every sucker bettor.. After all, we are poised to take advantage of the compelling story line of a 0-3 start and the 50th anniversary season and we all know that the league just LOVES an underdog with a compelling story line for the ratings....not that I would think such a outcome would be fixed.. NO! OF COURSE not.. That would be unethical n stuff.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I mean, it is possible to beat the Steelers.

But the Vikings are a better team than the Steelers.

The Vikings and Steelers are a combined 18-4. That's more wins than the 5 teams the Bengals have beat (12).

I like being optimistic, but the Bengals have only beaten one team with more than 3 wins on the year. I hope they can win, but last week's game doesn't really build up confidence for me.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 09:28 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I mean, it is possible to beat the Steelers.

But the Vikings are a better team than the Steelers.

The Vikings and Steelers are a combined 18-4. That's more wins than the 5 teams the Bengals have beat (12).

I like being optimistic, but the Bengals have only beaten one team with more than 3 wins on the year. I hope they can win, but last week's game doesn't really build up confidence for me.
I bet you don't even believe in the Tooth Fairy either do ya? I have proof! See Carl Lawson! lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 09:32 PM)grampahol Wrote: I bet you don't even believe in the Tooth Fairy either do ya? I have proof! See Carl Lawson! lol

Well, I can tell you this much...  Gio definitely believes in the Boogey Man!
[Image: th?id=OIP._VPK1POjk2DU2yDW1MzlZQFCDB&pid...=297&h=180]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
There's a huge difference between what I want to happen the remainder of the season and what I believe will happen. I'd love for them to win 4 or 5 and get a wildcard slot, but this schedule has 2-3 written all over it. We'll beat the Bears and steal one from the Lions or Ravens. Steelers and Vikings are losses. 7-9, here we come.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 10:09 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Well, I can tell you this much...  Gio definitely believes in the Boogey Man!
[Image: th?id=OIP._VPK1POjk2DU2yDW1MzlZQFCDB&pid...=297&h=180]

Why doesn't Shazier have eyebrows?
Reply/Quote
IF, the Bengals win......
it will have to be b/c

#1 we can run the ball effectively....3-4 yrds per attempt...
& this may be the biggest challenge for us.....the O-line....they have to do their jobs....allow the offense to work properly....
no more than 2 sacks on A.D.
imo, our ground game needs at least 100 yards total
#2  we hold their ground game in check...
#3 we didn't make very many mistakes....we make BIG plays but they don't...
# 4 we can get off the field on 3rd down more often....
# 5  we win the turnover battle....

it's a HUGE game for this team, & it's fan base....
I HATE the shitheads...
I can't think ahead too much....
locked in on this match up...
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 10:25 PM)treee Wrote: Why doesn't Shazier have eyebrows?

Because he's in the spirit world.  He's not really even there..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 10:25 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: There's a huge difference between what I want to happen the remainder of the season and what I believe will happen.  I'd love for them to win 4 or 5 and get a wildcard slot, but this schedule has 2-3 written all over it.  We'll beat the Bears and steal one from the Lions or Ravens.  Steelers and Vikings are losses.  7-9, here we come.

I said if we beat the Steelers we can go 10-6, so take the Steelers off the list. This is all about if we beat the Steelers, not if we lose to Steelers.  If we beat the Steelers we can beat these other teams and sorry people but Steelers are better than Vikings on defense, on offense, on everything.  If Bengals can beat Steelers who may be best team in NFL this year, then Bengals are playing great ball going into last 4 games. You show me pictures of horses with wings, but I show you a team that has won 6 of last 9 games if they beat Steelers and if they beat Steelers then Bengals are playing 100 % better football than first 2 weeks of season. 

Again, Bengals D is one of NFL better defenses, and Dalton numbers on the rise closing in on 20 touchdowns and chance for 25 to 30 touchdowns and over 3,000 yards passing. AJ Green, Mixon, Atkins, Dunlap, watch out if this team beats Steelers.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Even though it was the Browns I felt a spark of motivation from this team. We're starting to click. I think we come in Monday night and whip the Steelers ass.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 10:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Because he's in the spirit world.  He's not really even there..

If he's in the spirit world than how can we see him?

(12-02-2017, 10:42 PM)kevin Wrote: I said if we beat the Steelers we can go 10-6, so take the Steelers off the list. This is all about if we beat the Steelers, not if we lose to Steelers.  If we beat the Steelers we can beat these other teams and sorry people but Steelers are better than Vikings on defense, on offense, on everything.  If Bengals can beat Steelers who may be best team in NFL this year, then Bengals are playing great ball going into last 4 games. You show me pictures of horses with wings, but I show you a team that has won 6 of last 9 games if they beat Steelers and if they beat Steelers then Bengals are playing 100 % better football than first 2 weeks of season. 

While I would like the bengals to win enough to make the playoffs, and God willing win one, I don't see it happening.

It will be very interesting the offseason moves this team makes. I expect more of the same.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 10:54 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: If he's in the spirit world than how can we see him?

It's just an illusion.  You don't really see him.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote