Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF BENGALS BEAT STEELERS, THEY CAN GO 10-6
(12-03-2017, 12:36 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: A healthy Eifert would start for us too.  Hilarious

Poof, we've established a healthy eifert is the best tight for both teams  Tongue
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2017, 10:51 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Poof, we've established a healthy eifert is the best tight for both teams  Tongue
That would be *(asterisk) POOF *(asterisk), we've established....
That gives it the appearance of actual possibility..
In our case every tight end of the opposing team is usually the best tight end, but let's not split hairs here..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 10:42 PM)kevin Wrote: I said if we beat the Steelers we can go 10-6, so take the Steelers off the list. This is all about if we beat the Steelers, not if we lose to Steelers.  If we beat the Steelers we can beat these other teams and sorry people but Steelers are better than Vikings on defense, on offense, on everything.  If Bengals can beat Steelers who may be best team in NFL this year, then Bengals are playing great ball going into last 4 games. You show me pictures of horses with wings, but I show you a team that has won 6 of last 9 games if they beat Steelers and if they beat Steelers then Bengals are playing 100 % better football than first 2 weeks of season. 

Again, Bengals D is one of NFL better defenses, and Dalton numbers on the rise closing in on 20 touchdowns and chance for 25 to 30 touchdowns and over 3,000 yards passing.  AJ Green, Mixon, Atkins, Dunlap, watch out if this team beats Steelers.

And, if I get my name on the short list, I have an outside shot to be the next pope.  Playing the If Game is fun.  Reality, not so much.  The latter will be on chilling display about 8:30 tomorrow night.

My point was to separate what I want to happen from what I believe will happen.  I want them to win, but if you said the next three mortgage payments are riding on outcome of this game, then sorry, but the money goes on the Steelers.  

But, to show I'm not a complete cynic, here's the Unicorn of Bengal Playoff Hopes:

[Image: unicorn11.jpg]

Who Dey.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 07:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is a pretty big "if" to get past.  However, should they pull off the unlikely, and beat the hated rivals, on primetime, who knows what they could do.

I do.  If the Bengals pull off the minor miracle and win Monday night, you can expect a complete lay-down against the Bears the following Sunday.  That is their M.O.  If they ever get your hopes up, Lucy will pull the ball away and you will go flying through the air.

AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHH!

I don't think we have to worry about them getting our hopes up tonight, though. 
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 10:25 PM)treee Wrote: Why doesn't Shazier have eyebrows?

He has something called alopecia.  No body hair.   Not a joke.  
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2017, 12:14 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Because Goodell rubs super glue on his ass cheeks.

We have a winner!
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2017, 12:48 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...this offseason will either be keeping Eifert or letting him go, not addressing the offensive line because we need to save money for Dunlap/Atkins contracts, talking about how great Ross will be, AJ McCarrons restricted free agency ruling, and mock drafts.

That's my prediction!

I think you pretty much just summed up my February through May of 2018.  Sounds exciting, if not somewhat Groundhog Day-ish.  

Oh, you forgot debates about who our next coach will be followed by blind optimism in his immediate success.  At least that will be something we haven't discussed over the past 15 years. 
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 07:42 PM)kevin Wrote: I'm serious.  If Bengals beat Steelers they are the best team left on the schedule.  If Bengals can beat them, they can beat the others.  Bengals who started 0-3 and have gone 5-3 since will show they have turned it around from 0-3 if they beat Steelers and can win out and go 10-6.

You are so true! If we go undefeated the rest of the way, we can end the season with 10 wins and since that stretch of games begins with the Steelers, you are correct.

Of course, could and will have completely different meanings.

I could travel to the moon. It is possible you know.

Politicians could actually do the right thing some day instead of being just a band of crooks.

I give the Bengals about those same percentages of going undefeated the rest of the way.

Simply put, Marvin Lewis isn't that good. Mike Brown is bad enough to prevent it by just being present in the building. And this OL would look awful in some college games.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 09:35 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I do.  If the Bengals pull off the minor miracle and win Monday night, you can expect a complete lay-down against the Bears the following Sunday.  That is their M.O.  If they ever get your hopes up, Lucy will pull the ball away and you will go flying through the air.

AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHH!

I don't think we have to worry about them getting our hopes up tonight, though. 

Yeah...that could happen.

I think the more likely scenario is we all have our hopes up after the Bengals beat a Denver team that has lost what 7 in a row and now an 0-12 Browns team. The letdown would be getting beat by the Steelers...but we shall see.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 07:42 PM)kevin Wrote: I'm serious. If Bengals beat Steelers they are the best team left on the schedule. If Bengals can beat them, they can beat the others. Bengals who started 0-3 and have gone 5-3 since will show they have turned it around from 0-3 if they beat Steelers and can win out and go 10-6.

Best team left? The 10-2 Vikings say hello, they might have things locked up though and rest starters
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 02:35 PM)Trademark Wrote: Best team left? The 10-2 Vikings say hello, they might have things locked up though and rest starters

Yeah unfortunately you can't apply logic to the Bengals. They should beat the Bears, maybe the Lions, and Ravens...but they could also lose to any or all of those 3.

Our offense is our weakness...so good Defenses can challenge us. The Ravens have a good defense.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 09:28 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I mean, it is possible to beat the Steelers.

But the Vikings are a better team than the Steelers.

The Vikings and Steelers are a combined 18-4. That's more wins than the 5 teams the Bengals have beat (12).

I like being optimistic, but the Bengals have only beaten one team with more than 3 wins on the year. I hope they can win, but last week's game doesn't really build up confidence for me.

steelers 29 vs vikings 9

No, there not Whatever
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2017, 03:03 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: steelers 29 vs vikings 9

No, there not Whatever

You mean where Keenum was thrown in as a starter on a short week?

You put both teams against each other right now, who do you have winning? Seriously.

Also, the Steelers lost to the Bears, a team the Vikings beat.

The Vikings beat two of the top 4 NFC teams, along with the defending NFC champs. The Vikings are 6-2 against teams that are at .500 or higher. 4-1 against teams with winning records. Steelers are 3-1.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2017, 09:14 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They still have a chance to go 10-6, 9-7, 8-8, 7-9, 6-10 or 5-11!

So many possibilities!! Ain't it great!

Don’t count out the possibility of a tie, And it’s possibly Marv is gone after this year yet it’s also possible Marvin gets a lifetime extension
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2017, 07:42 PM)kevin Wrote: I'm serious.  If Bengals beat Steelers they are the best team left on the schedule.  If Bengals can beat them, they can beat the others.  Bengals who started 0-3 and have gone 5-3 since will show they have turned it around from 0-3 if they beat Steelers and can win out and go 10-6.

I don't see them beating the Stealers but you are right, the other games are all very winnable even the Vikings who
will be tough but we could beat them. Tonights game will tell a lot. But with Marv still at the helm i doubt we win.

Dude always has this team unprepared when we play Pitt.
Reply/Quote