Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF We keep Marvin and Hue
As much as I hate the idea of Marvin coming back and Hue still being around next year, I may have an idea to ponder. If Mike keeps both, instead of all this crap about Marvin being GM and If Hue is head coaching material why not make both coordinators? Hue offense of course and Marvin D. Bring in one of the up and coming young college coaches since Mike likes to hang on to them for 20 years anyway. It would be the perfect time to get a young coach while we have experienced coordinators, not great but experienced none the less. Dosent have to be a college coach, any of the coordinators that are being considered for first time HC jobs should all be on the table. I just think all things considered this would be a good idea.

Of course both Marv and Hue gone is my ideal situation but we all know that's not going to happen. I'm sure one will still be here.

Anyway..Thoughts

Oh and Merry Christmas everyone. Be safe.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 03:31 PM)TKUHL Wrote: As much as I hate the idea of Marvin coming back and Hue still being around next year, I may have an idea to ponder. If Mike keeps both, instead of all this crap about Marvin being GM and If Hue is head coaching material why not make both coordinators? Hue offense of course and Marvin D. Bring in one of the up and coming young college coaches since Mike likes to hang on to them for 20 years anyway. It would be the perfect time to get a young coach while we have experienced coordinators, not great but experienced none the less. Dosent have to be a college coach, any of the coordinators that are being considered for first time HC jobs should all be on the table. I just think all things considered this would be a good idea.

Of course both Marv and Hue gone is my ideal situation but we all know that's not going to happen. I'm sure one will still be here.

Anyway..Thoughts

Well, Marvin would have to demote himself because we know Mike wouldn't do it.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 03:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Well, Marvin would have to demote himself because we know Mike wouldn't do it.  Whatever

Not to mention, Marv has not exactly been killing it as DC.  He benefits greatly from comparison.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 03:31 PM)TKUHL Wrote: As much as I hate the idea of Marvin coming back and Hue still being around next year, I may have an idea to ponder. If Mike keeps both, instead of all this crap about Marvin being GM and If Hue is head coaching material why not make both coordinators? Hue offense of course and Marvin D. Bring in one of the up and coming young college coaches since Mike likes to hang on to them for 20 years anyway. It would be the perfect time to get a young coach while we have experienced coordinators, not great but experienced none the less. Dosent have to be a college coach, any of the coordinators that are being considered for first time HC jobs should all be on the table. I just think all things considered this would be a good idea.

Anyway..Thoughts

Marvin would still be paid head coach money if he stays on his present contract. Mike Brown is not paying two head coaches. Hue would have to replace Lazor( does he have a contract for 2019) who hasn't been too bad seeing all the injuries on offense. It really doesn't matter who is the HC if the FO refuses to address the problems by going full steam during free agency. They have proved that choosing the right players to help the team is above them. They need to analyze the teams needs on the first day of free agency and try to fill at least one of those needs with a top tier free agent. Trying to fill spots year in and year out with unproven rookies has been the downfall of the Bengals.
Reply/Quote

Anyway..Thoughts

"If we keep marvin and hue the bengals will end up 7-9 and miss the playoffs for a 4th straight year by just a couple games because mike brown is too cheap and kept a practice squad player starting instead of trying to replace an injured __________ .."

Lets face it. We are not going to compete for anything while mb is in charge, regardless of who is coaching. I think we all have better odds at winning the powerball.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As of now I no longer care who's coaching what. That may change come next season, but for now it's irrelevant. We're still stuck with the SS we have now. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

Anyway..Thoughts

Under that scenario the new HC would have to be weak enough to accept being Marvin Lewis’ puppet. This organization doesn’t need any more weakness in positions of leadership. As long as Mike and Marv are here, they will be calling the shots regardless of what title they hold. Hard pass on that noise.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 06:49 PM)HuDey Wrote: Under that scenario the new HC would have to be weak enough to accept being Marvin Lewis’ puppet. This organization doesn’t need any more weakness in positions of leadership. As long as Mike and Marv are here, they will be calling the shots regardless of what title they hold. Hard pass on that noise.

You forgot the "e" in your name my friend...

HueDey!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
There can never be enough Marvin threads in this forum.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The odd man out will be Bill Lazor and I’m okay with that. He’s better than Ken Zampese but he’s not the long term solution. My feeling is Mike Brown, in order to avoid making big changes, will recycle one coach and reshuffle the deck.

If I had to guess, I would think Mike Brown would keep Marvin Lewis on as head coach, recycle Hue Jackson as offensive coordinator where he did very well in 2018, and bringing in the soon to be fired Vance Joseph for defensive coordinator.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 03:57 PM)McC Wrote: Not to mention, Marv has not exactly been killing it as DC.  He benefits greatly from comparison.

What are we suppose to compare it to? The defense has unquestionably improved under Marvin. Although, it was a problem created by Marvin to begin with, in my opinion.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 06:51 PM)jason Wrote: You forgot the "e" in your name my friend...

HueDey!!!

God help us all when that happens...
Reply/Quote
There needs to be a culture change and it starts with the coaching. This is like the guy that is still using an old flip phone. There needs to be a new, fresh and modern philosophy put in place. We can’t change the owner so this is the logical overhaul. I can see the Browns owning the Bengals just like the Steelers do if a new philosophy isn’t embraced soon.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 09:00 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: There needs to be a culture change and it starts with the coaching. This is like the guy that is still using an old flip phone. There needs to be a new, fresh and modern philosophy put in place. We can’t change the owner so this is the logical overhaul. I can see the Browns owning the Bengals just like the Steelers do if a new philosophy isn’t embraced soon.

Well, we're ******, then, 'cause we're still in the walkie-talkie stage  Smirk
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 09:22 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Well, we're ******, then, 'cause we're still in the walkie-talkie stage  Smirk

More like two cans and a string... Smirk
[Image: n881eg.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 09:22 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Well, we're ******, then, 'cause we're still in the walkie-talkie stage  Smirk

That was just their Christmas presents, they will get bored playing with them and move on to something else. Still here though unfortunately.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 09:22 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Well, we're ******, then, 'cause we're still in the walkie-talkie stage  Smirk

Lol Very true!
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 07:45 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The odd man out will be Bill Lazor and I’m okay with that.  He’s better than Ken Zampese but he’s not the long term solution.  My feeling is Mike Brown, in order to avoid making big changes, will recycle one coach and reshuffle the deck.

If I had to guess, I would think Mike Brown would keep Marvin Lewis on as head coach, recycle Hue Jackson as offensive coordinator where he did very well in 2018, and bringing in the soon to be fired Vance Joseph for defensive coordinator.

As much as I would hate it, this is where I would place my wager.

And then we will watch them roll to a 7-9 season with a fourth place schedule.  The bottom line is, Marv is far too conservative for today's game.  His defense plays such a wussy scheme that the team has virtually no chance of winning unless they score almost every time.  The offense would be just fine if not for the injuries, but it still is boring and predictable.

It was nice to see them run the TE screen to Uzomah last week, which, of course, yielded 10 yards.  
Reply/Quote
What's this "if" shit? LMAO

Dude, we're keeping them, it's a foregone conclusion. Merv gets to leave when he wants to leave.  That's already been established.  He'll want his buddy Hue right by his side.  There is no "if"......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 06:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There can never be enough Marvin threads in this forum.

Mediocre Merv Militia to the rescue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :paul:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote