Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF We lose to Arizona...
(10-04-2019, 11:07 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Another dumb statement...

Not as dumb as the previous statement that Dalton is tougher than a player who has never been in an actual game. BTW Dalton is not tough he panics in the pocket and curls up at the first sign of pressure. Big Ben is tough. Tell me how you could possibly think Dalton could be mentioned in the same breath as Ben?
Reply/Quote
The Cardinals should be a good matchup for us; were fully healthy on the Dline and they like to spread it out which means we don't have to play as many LBers on Sunday.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 03:05 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: The Cardinals should be a good matchup for us; were fully healthy on the Dline and they like to spread it out which means we don't have to play as many LBers on Sunday.

Their defense is weak too...outside of a couple good pass rushers.

Their offense, well their line is bad like ours.

We're kind of mirror images actually. Clueless Head Coaches.
Reply/Quote
I could see the Cardinals beating us no problem. Could easily see David Johnson going for 100 yards and a td with him killing us in the passing game. Can see the defense not being able to contain Murray in the pocket with him running for 1st downs and keeping plays alive and passing down filed. If I was Arizona I would run some read option plays and get Murray running to the outside where are linebackers are to slow to close. Fitzgerald is still a weapon for them. Could see Arizona’s D stacking the box and doubling Boyd because we have no other receiving threats with Ross out. Plus Chandler Jones is a good pass rusher who can give our tackles problems.
Reply/Quote
If Arizona has intelligent coaching (not sure they do), it shouldn't be hard to beat us. Run misdirection, jet sweeps, short dump passes to the RB. Either Anarumo has no answer for that style of play or we don't have the personnel to run sideline to sideline.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 11:26 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I see a huge difference now versus the Whittworth situation:
1. We were a playoff team, now we are a bottom feeder.
2. We tried to sign him.
3. We did not trade him because we tried to keep him.

Is it time for a rebuild? That is the million dollar question IMHO. If so, aging (close to 30 or above) vets with huge contracts are expendable as they hamper the ability to rebuild (2 to 4 years) to a winner as by the time we have the roster, they likely will be on the downside of their career or done.

If true rebuild, I say purge the high salaries and get picks in return and get rid of cap liabilities.

I would trade Geno and AJ for a few draft picks to playoff winning caliber teams. Reward them that chance while also helping out our own team. However AJ is a UFA next year so be a bit harder, but Geno has 3 years left after this one as he will be 32, 33, and 34 years old. 

Dunlap should be in the prime of his career right now, so he is ok imo.

Andy's contract is up after next year, and they can cut him this offseason if they wanted with hardly any dead cap space being used. Or trade him for a maybe a 4th or 5th round pick. But I wouldnt if they draft a Qb 1st round. He will just be a Kitna 2.0 next year.

Most other players are either in their prime years or on the younger side of things. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 11:16 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd likely go OT with my 1st Round pick next year UNLESS we had the Top pick in which I'd go QB.

But, yes - OL is a way bigger issue than QB.

That said, an elite QB is too much to turn down.

If we could actually get an elite QB take him but also redshirt him while you try to build at least a competent line - that way he doesn't get pummeled right out of the gate. 
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 04:20 PM)samhain Wrote: If Arizona has intelligent coaching (not sure they do), it shouldn't be hard to beat us.  Run misdirection, jet sweeps, short dump passes to the RB.  Either Anarumo has no answer for that style of play or we don't have the personnel to run sideline to sideline.

Exactly.  Ez Pz should be the gameplan title for the Offense.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I just want to point out too that LB is a position that IF you want to fix, you pay in free agency and fix. There are usually several upgrades available. It just costs money.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 11:26 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I see a huge difference now versus the Whittworth situation:
1. We were a playoff team, now we are a bottom feeder.
2. We tried to sign him.
3. We did not trade him because we tried to keep him.

Is it time for a rebuild? That is the million dollar question IMHO. If so, aging (close to 30 or above) vets with huge contracts are expendable as they hamper the ability to rebuild (2 to 4 years) to a winner as by the time we have the roster, they likely will be on the downside of their career or done.

If true rebuild, I say purge the high salaries and get picks in return and get rid of cap liabilities.

Low balling a player and Troy sending a text to Whit's agent that Whit's value wasn't there is hardly trying to sign him, unless a moron is doing the negotiations on our side. They could have just paid him and fitted Troy with a dog muzzle.

In rebuilding you have to put young quality players on the team. I honestly don't think our front office has that ability. I fear we are looking at a multi-year slump. We just re-signed Gio for no particular reason at all.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 08:46 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Low balling a player and Troy sending a text to Whit's agent that Whit's value wasn't there is hardly trying to sign him, unless a moron is doing the negotiations on our side. They could have just paid him and fitted Troy with a dog muzzle.

In rebuilding you have to put young quality players on the team. I honestly don't think our front office has that ability. I fear we are looking at a multi-year slump. We just re-signed Gio for no particular reason at all.

Don't forget...they walked around the combine telling other teams that Whitworth was staying too.

It was botched in MANY ways. But, they did want Whitworth back. And Whitworth wanted to come back.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 09:56 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: IDK maybe he moves in the pocket instead of being in exactly the same place snap after snap? Maybe he is a threat to run when the defense pin their ears back and go pass rush crazy. Maybe he can time his throws to go over the D-lineman. These are a few possibilities . I am sure there are others.

Exactly.  Dalton just stands there as the pocket collapses.  He has no pocket presence at all.  He needs to get out of the pocket and extend the play at least another second or two.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 09:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Don't forget...they walked around the combine telling other teams that Whitworth was staying too.

It was botched in MANY ways. But, they did want Whitworth back. And Whitworth wanted to come back.

Yeah, they wanted him back and a discount because of his age. We've had how many LTs since?

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 10:25 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Yeah he might get clocked but he maybe unafraid and not so skittish like Andy is either. BTW Andy wasn't tough enough last year or in 2015 either. 

Especially in '15 when he couldn't drag himself out there with a broken bone in his thumb.. Just think of how many 8 fingered 1 thumbed QBs made it to the HOF.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 01:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd be more inclined to try to sign 2-3 impact free agents. 

Sign Corey Littleton at MLB.

Then, I'd probably draft a RT with my #1. And sign a veteran Guard in free agency like Quenton Spain. I'd draft a Guard in the nd or 3rd Round then and groom him to be the starter in Year 2.

My line would be - #1 Pick/Miller/Hopkins/Spain/Williams - That would be atleast average assuming the #1 and Williams pan out.

You're also assuming you can get those guys. No one wants to come here, remember?
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 02:00 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Not as dumb as the previous statement that Dalton is tougher than a player who has never been in an actual game. BTW Dalton is not tough he panics in the pocket and curls up at the first sign of pressure. Big Ben is tough. Tell me how you could possibly think Dalton could be mentioned in the same breath as Ben?

Oh yeah, Ben is a "warrior".... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious  You've been listening to Collinsworth too much. If the rapist had to play behind this line and got his as much as Dalton has, he'd be in a coma....
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 07:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I just want to point out too that LB is a position that IF you want to fix, you pay in free agency and fix. There are usually several upgrades available. It just costs money.

Honestly, LB is one of your best bang for your buck positions in FA.  Yes, we're going to overpay, but it still isn't bad compared to what most of them get paid.  
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2019, 09:33 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You're also assuming you can get those guys. No one wants to come here, remember?

The future is bright!  Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2019, 01:57 PM)Whatever Wrote: Honestly, LB is one of your best bang for your buck positions in FA.  Yes, we're going to overpay, but it still isn't bad compared to what most of them get paid.  

Yessir. IF a team wants to upgrade, they can. Absolutely.

Seems like there are some rookies that come in every year and play at a high level too...and usually not 1st Round picks.

Man, how great would it be if we landed one of those guys?
Reply/Quote
They should be trading guys already. Pile up draft picks, dump salary
Reply/Quote