Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
INDOOR PRACTICE FACILITY ON THE WAY!
(11-15-2018, 03:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Didn't they build a 50 yard turfed indoor practice field like 3 years ago?

No.  They took the building for storage or something and just put some grass on it.

That might not be exactly what happened, but it's pretty close.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 04:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: No.  They took the building for storage or something and just put some grass on it.

That might not be exactly what happened, but it's pretty close.

It was added next to the weight room.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2015/4/7/8365179/bengals-make-improvements-to-facilities
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 03:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Didn't they build a 50 yard turfed indoor practice field like 3 years ago?

I believe it’s used for injury training/rehab
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 05:13 PM)Synric Wrote: It was added next to the weight room.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2015/4/7/8365179/bengals-make-improvements-to-facilities

Regardless, it’s still a piece of shit and not even worth mentioning.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 11:46 PM)Beaker Wrote: They don't need an indoor facility. Practice outside like real men.

In case you haven't noticed this isn't a "real man" sport anymore these are coddled athletes. A bunch of multimillionaires playing a game. Compared to the good old days they are all *******.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 08:03 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: In case you haven't noticed this isn't a "real man" sport anymore these are coddled athletes. A bunch of multimillionaires playing a game. Compared to the good old days they are all *******.

Exactly, so don't pussify them more. The old adage is you play like you practice. So if your gonna play the game in the elements, you should get ready by practicing in the elements.
Reply/Quote
1.) The Bengals should have a indoor practice facility.
2.) Said Practice facility should be in the burbs somewhere. Let the city use the surrounding areas that are being used for the Bengals current practice feilds on other projects. Let the city make more money.
3.) FCC just started on a new stadium; why the Bengals couldn't reach out to them before and make them half partners in a remodel of Paul Brown is beyond me. They could have redone PBS using the 250 million from FC and 250 from the Bengals had it done all privately financed(probably another 200 million from NFL). Which would make PBS a much better fan experience. Also would cinch a world Cup game in 2026, probably add a MLS all Star game, college Bowl game, and if indoor an NCAA tournament game.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 05:36 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I believe it’s used for injury training/rehab

They have other rehab facilities also. It's used training of all sorts like thor twitter videos of Pacman running with bungee cords. 

I'm sure they also use it for doing half speed walk through practices (which is mostly what they do during the season) during cold weather.

(11-15-2018, 07:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Regardless, it’s still a piece of shit and not even worth mentioning.

Umm their indoor practice field while discussing building an indoor practice field seems worth mentioning. As for being a "piece of shit" what do you think an indoor practice field consists of? Turf and space.

To compare the Steelers indoor facility is also 50 yards of turf further away than the University of Cincinnati's practice bubble. The Steelers facility is also part of the University of Pittsburgh which holds classes there for sports sciences.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
"I'm thinking out of the box here. *snort* *chuckle*  I've got the perfect covered facility!!"

[Image: th?id=OIP.FjQ0iienlLGGYYzXE3t90wHaHW&pid...=154&h=154]

[Image: th?id=OIP.p7fbym551ArBvEU4NhI4XQHaE8&pid...=246&h=165]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 09:44 PM)Synric Wrote: They have other rehab facilities also. It's used training of all sorts like thor twitter videos of Pacman running with bungee cords. 

I'm sure they also use it for doing half speed walk through practices (which is mostly what they do during the season) during cold weather.

Um.  I don't think they have other rehab facilities because that's been a very critical point on these boards and elsewhere.  The players might rehab/train elsewhere, but that doesn't mean that the Bengals have anything to do with it.

(11-15-2018, 09:44 PM)Synric Wrote: Umm their indoor practice field while discussing building an indoor practice field seems worth mentioning. As for being a "piece of shit" what do you think an indoor practice field consists of? Turf and space.

To compare the Steelers indoor facility is also 50 yards of turf further away than the University of Cincinnati's practice bubble. The Steelers facility is also part of the University of Pittsburgh which holds classes there for sports sciences.

50 yards isn't much space, especially since they're broken up into groups to do individual position drills or even offensive/defensive team drills.  It's not a single team that doesn't occupy as much space as a bunch of players out on the field.  

I think the Steelers is a full-length field, as it says on the website, and they also have more/better training equipment, as well as rehab equipment.  
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2018, 08:03 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: In case you haven't noticed this isn't a "real man" sport anymore these are coddled athletes. A bunch of multimillionaires playing a game. Compared to the good old days they are all *******.

So they're not real men because they make a lot of money? Sometimes progress is a tough pill to swallow. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2018, 11:53 PM)Whatever Wrote: It is a little ironic that we all want to see them build an indoor practice facility, but pretty much universally crap on "sissy dome teams."

Like sissy dome team New Orleans Saints  Smirk
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote