Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IS it time to move DAX to Nickel CB?
With Hilton and Jalen Davis both out this week, is it time to move DAX down to the Nickel/Slot CB? Trey Flowers is also an option.
Reply/Quote
I vote yes. No Flowers for me please.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 06:04 PM)hollodero Wrote: I vote yes. No Flowers for me please.

Well you've done nothing to earn them
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
He’s gonna have to

As you said, Flowers is the only other option and i trust Dax more
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Yes, the slot is where I always thought Dax bests projects. We need someone in there this week and he’s a first round talent. Hope he steps up big on Sunday.
Reply/Quote
Damn I must have missed where Hilton was out. One or multiple?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 06:26 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yes, the slot is where I always thought Dax bests projects. We need someone in there this week and he’s a first round talent. Hope he steps up big on Sunday.

Truth. Dax should be much more comfortable at Slot than anywhere else. He played there the majority of his time at Michigan.

Awesome to have a talent like this waiting in the wings when maybe the best Slot corner in the NFL goes out for a game. We needed
to see what Dax had anyways. Been wanting to see Dax out there more, CTB sure has held down the other outside Corner position 
extremely well, would be awesome if Dax also gets some good snaps out there and gets comfortable playing in the NFL.

With the way CTB and Volson have played as rookies it sure looks like a damn good Draft we had.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 06:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well you've done nothing to earn them

[Image: th?id=OIP.0lFMncMitb81p1SmrXQTIwHaE8&pid...id=Api&P=0]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 06:02 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: With Hilton and Jalen Davis both out this week, is it time to move DAX down to the Nickel/Slot CB?  Trey Flowers is also an option.

Davis isnt declared as out, but he hasnt practiced all week so there is a good chance he doesnt play.  Godwin often plays the slot and will be  solid matchup for Flowers or Dax.  I think its time for Dax to get some serious clock.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 07:12 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Davis isnt declared as out, but he hasnt practiced all week so there is a good chance he doesnt play.  Godwin often plays the slot and will be  solid matchup for Flowers or Dax.  I think its time for Dax to get some serious clock.

It is t8me for Hill. Flowers is more of a boundary guy/niche guy vs bigger receivers/TEs.  He has great size and top end speed, but the change of direction vs shiftier guys is a bit lacking. 
Reply/Quote
Coming out of college, many scouting reports said he was a hybrid safety/nickel and nickel may end up being his ideal role in the NFL.

So I'm comfortable with him there.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 06:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Truth. Dax should be much more comfortable at Slot than anywhere else. He played there the majority of his time at Michigan.

Awesome to have a talent like this waiting in the wings when maybe the best Slot corner in the NFL goes out for a game. We needed
to see what Dax had anyways. Been wanting to see Dax out there more, CTB sure has held down the other outside Corner position 
extremely well, would be awesome if Dax also gets some good snaps out there and gets comfortable playing in the NFL.

With the way CTB and Volson have played as rookies it sure looks like a damn good Draft we had.

Right on 100% Brother!  It's week 15 and DAX needs his time to shine as he is a first-round pick.  Someone said he was drafted as a hybrid NCB/Safety; that's true.  Dax's probably more comfortable in the slot than back at safety as that's where he played his whole college career for that team up north.  I'm excited to see what he can do this Sunday!  Who Dey!!  

Who Dey  
Reply/Quote
Hope to see the kid get his chance and hope he gets a souvenir football or two per him catching some Tom Brady passes.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Allen George is another option
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 12:04 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Allen George is another option

What little I saw of him in the pre-season wasn't bad at all. It didn't look like he was easily picked on. I saw a confident young player not intimidated by the competition.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I really don't see Trey Flowers as slot corner. Daxton Hill has experience in college as a slot corner but has he practiced much there since entering the NFL? It is different. The Bengals might have to shake up their corner spots this week and CTB slide into the slot with Flowers outside bodying up Mike Evans.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 06:26 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yes, the slot is where I always thought Dax bests projects. We need someone in there this week and he’s a first round talent. Hope he steps up big on Sunday.

Godwin is a damn good slot WR.  We will need Dax at his best.  
Reply/Quote
The bengals hardly trust Flowers to cover TEs anymore

Roll with Dax
Reply/Quote
Dax should be fine. But Godwin is dangerous. Just has not been really this year
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 12:45 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Dax should be fine. But Godwin is dangerous. Just has not been really this year

Are we going to see Dax, Flowers, or George Allen starting on defense today?
Reply/Quote