Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
ITT we make predictions like Denny would
(12-22-2015, 08:41 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I think it was combo of towing the company line and a dream come true to be that close to the organization.

He wasn't going to chance it.  Saying anything negative.  Not for some random message boards posters.

Yet he liked being "the insider" so that is why he kept coming back.

I understand it. 

Not for everyone...  that's for sure!

PS - That wrestler guy who kept coming back on those and these boards had a major woody for taking on Denny.  Almost to the point of obsession.  It was pretty weird.

Oh that reminds me, now that I no longer work for the Cubs I can tell you that Carlos Marmol circa 2011 totally stunk.  That's a relief to finally be able to share THAT super secret inside info!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 08:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh that reminds me, now that I no longer work for the Cubs I can tell you that Carlos Marmol circa 2011 totally stunk.  That's a relief to finally be able to share THAT super secret inside info!

Ha!  Yeah that is why "insider" was in quotes.  [Image: tongue.png]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 08:14 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: On the Denny spectrum I guess I'd fall exactly between these two.

But, yeah, he would have been unbearable to have around this year Smirk

Denny has it all....  Hot wife Huge House Nice Cars actually hanging out with the Bengals.. I mean what else could there be!!!!   WhoDey2 WhoDey2 WhoDey2 WhoDey2 WhoDey2 WhoDey2 WhoDey2 WhoDey2 WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 09:22 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Denny has it all....  Hot wife Huge House Nice Cars actually hanging out with the Bengals.. I mean what else could there be!!!!   WhoDey2 WhoDey2 WhoDey2 WhoDey2 WhoDey2 WhoDey2 WhoDey2 WhoDey2 WhoDey2

And he's really short.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Denny's job was to be a cheerleader, so I can't really blame him for his idiotic posts. Miss him? No.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
Never thought I'd say this but I actually miss Denny and his over enthusiasm about everything. Even though he'd always be the number one person to piss me off after we lost in the playoffs or had a down year and he'd always find a way to give me suspensions on the old boards, he is a die hard bleed orange and black bengals fan. Hopefully he'll come back around one day.
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 06:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe I took it too much to heart, but I always felt like he thought those who didn't share his particular brand of delusional optimism were idiots, or just not real fans.

He did treat people that way, no doubt. He repped me numerous times for the nice things I'd say and turn right around and question my fanhood whenever I was critical of something. I was always under the impression that his constant cheerleading was fueled by some form of compensation. If not money, he was getting free season tix, golf cart rides with Mike Brown, etc.

(12-22-2015, 06:23 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I doubt we'll see Denny around here since he felt like this place wouldn't work.

Yup. He was classless on the way out. He claimed a new board wouldn't work and could never replace what he called the "official" boards and their thousands of members. He refused an invite.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 01:53 AM)Ur Shake n Blake Wrote: He did treat people that way, no doubt. He repped me numerous times for the nice things I'd say and turn right around and question my fanhood whenever I was critical of something. I was always under the impression that his constant cheerleading was fueled by some form of compensation. If not money, he was getting free season tix, golf cart rides with Mike Brown, etc.

Yup. He was classless on the way out. He claimed a new board wouldn't work and could never replace what he called the "official" boards and their thousands of members. He refused an invite.

Exactly why I hated when he'd suspend me for being negative about management. Once I said something about how Marvin Lewis must have blackmail on Mike Brown and that's why he still has his job following the Chargers loss and he immediately gave me an infraction for defaming MB. Maybe I overreacted after the loss but wtf Denny what kind of blackmail does MB have on you bro?
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 12:01 AM)Utts Wrote: Denny's job was to be a cheerleader, so I can't really blame him for his idiotic posts. Miss him? No.

Agree,

The thing that really got me about Denny as others have mentioned was his acting like he had the scoop on everything. I never once saw any proof of his "insider" info and I was on the old board basically from the start. Sept. 05

In fact a bunch of his "hints" went the exact opposite of what he said. His inside info was much more limited than he claimed.

Joe from Florence called him out on it back when and that was what lead to Joe being banned !
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 03:38 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree,

The thing that really got me about Denny as others have mentioned was his acting like he had the scoop on everything. I never once saw any proof of his "insider" info and I was on the old board basically from the start. Sept. 05

In fact a bunch of his "hints" went the exact opposite of what he said. His inside info was much more limited than he claimed.

Joe from Florence called him out on it back when and that was what lead to Joe being banned !

I wasn't a fan of Joe and his constant negativity either, and I was also there from the beginning.  Denny and Joe were opposite sides of the coin, but overall I liked Denny better than Joe.  Towards the end, Joe spent most of his time on the Smack Board with his Steeler friends, and I think he may have become a Steeler fan.  JMO.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 11:29 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I wasn't a fan of Joe and his constant negativity either, and I was also there from the beginning.  Denny and Joe were opposite sides of the coin, but overall I liked Denny better than Joe.  Towards the end, Joe spent most of his time on the Smack Board with his Steeler friends, and I think he may have become a Steeler fan.  JMO.

I agree Bonnie, Joe was waaaayyyyyy to negative ! Way to eager to dig at every little thing, I didn't agree with a bunch of what Joe spewed out.

But in the same breath Denny tried way to hard to pretend he was sitting in on Coaches meetings, had access to the front office etc.

Oh sure Denny had tickets to pre-season, had an on field pass or whatever, behind the scenes tours etc. But I'm sure he had no where near the access he tried to portray !
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 01:53 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He did treat people that way, no doubt. He repped me numerous times for the nice things I'd say and turn right around and question my fanhood whenever I was critical of something. I was always under the impression that his constant cheerleading was fueled by some form of compensation. If not money, he was getting free season tix, golf cart rides with Mike Brown, etc.

Guess he was wrong on that also!!!! Suck on that Denny! Smack As we all can see this board is thriving in its first 6-7 months. Like their never was a transition  Rock On
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 01:53 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He did treat people that way, no doubt. He repped me numerous times for the nice things I'd say and turn right around and question my fanhood whenever I was critical of something. I was always under the impression that his constant cheerleading was fueled by some form of compensation. If not money, he was getting free season tix, golf cart rides with Mike Brown, etc.

If Denny did/does have a job with the Bengals, it has to be something social media related. I believe he still owns his own construction business. I know he toted the message that Facebook and Twitter would take over the message boards, but I really don't see people discussing more than they used to on those sites.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 05:29 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If Denny did/does have a job with the Bengals, it has to be something social media related. I believe he still owns his own construction business. I know he toted the message that Facebook and Twitter would take over the message boards, but I really don't see people discussing more than they used to on those sites.

I was also under the impression that was his role going forward. He was promoting Reddit and Facebook pretty heavily on the way out. I don't think the board community was ever interested in those forms of social media. It's tough to have in depth discussions on anything other than a message board.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2015, 05:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was also under the impression that was his role going forward. He was promoting Reddit and Facebook pretty heavily on the way out. I don't think the board community was ever interested in those forms of social media. It's tough to have in depth discussions on anything other than a message board.

Facebook is a horrible place to try and have a logical talk about the Bengals. We'd probably find plenty of people on there talking about how our center is amazing and we need to draft a new OT since Ced is a bust.

Reddit is all over the place.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 04:09 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: AD will come back with a bionic thumb that helps him grip and throw the ball with pinpoint precision. He will complete 95% Of his passes in the postseason and his new thumb will be named super bowl  mvp. 

Last time I saw Dalton play defense and make a tackle, it was the last time he saw the field.

If it's a defensive player, then I say Adam Jones given his changes on returns.

Reply/Quote