Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
ITT we make predictions like Denny would
..since he doesn't seem to be around on the boards.

I'll start and go a bit over the top. Bengals will have a Superbowl MVP this year, and it will be a player on the defense.

OK...you can't really top that but give me your best Denny optimism for the rest of the year.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 04:02 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: ..since he doesn't seem to be around on the boards.

I'll start and go a bit over the top. Bengals will have a Superbowl MVP this year, and it will be a player on the defense.

OK...you can't really top that but give me your best Denny optimism for the rest of the year.

AD will come back with a bionic thumb that helps him grip and throw the ball with pinpoint precision. He will complete 95% Of his passes in the postseason and his new thumb will be named super bowl  mvp. 

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 04:02 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: ..since he doesn't seem to be around on the boards.

I miss Denny... I see tweets from him every now and then. He still works for the Bengals in some capacity.
Reply/Quote
Denny was good peoples, if eh was around the first 8 games he would have had some serious bragging rights.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 04:12 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I miss Denny... I see tweets from him every now and then. He still works for the Bengals in some capacity.

Me too. Would be great if he could stop by the boards at some point. I can only speak for myself, but let him know there are at least some here who'd be happy to hear from him. 

Also, he'd be very good at posting in this thread.  Tongue

Reply/Quote
Maybe I took it too much to heart, but I always felt like he thought those who didn't share his particular brand of delusional optimism were idiots, or just not real fans.
Reply/Quote

If anyone had said we'd be 11-3 and 2 games up in the division by now, some of you would have called it "Denny" and "Over the Top."   We're having a great year.  Why do you want do this now?  It's an over the top year by any estimation.  
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 06:10 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: If anyone had said we'd be 11-3 and 2 games up in the division by now, some of you would have called it "Denny" and "Over the Top."   We're having a great year.  Why do you want do this now?  It's an over the top year by any estimation.  

I don't mind disagreeing with Denny because he seems to directly attribute everything that goes right with Mike Brown, and I simply can't get behind that line of thinking.  If I had a job that involved mashing my lips against the guy's boots like he did, then we'd see how I would act.
Reply/Quote
I doubt we'll see Denny around here since he felt like this place wouldn't work.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 06:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe I took it too much to heart, but I always felt like he thought those who didn't share his particular brand of delusional optimism were idiots, or just not real fans.

This. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Denny was pretty Awesome... Who Dey!!!!! Denny!!!!
Reply/Quote
Douchebag can stay gone. Good riddance
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 06:23 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I doubt we'll see Denny around here since he felt like this place wouldn't work.

That's true.  But I have no hard feelings against the guy.  We sometimes agreed and sometimes disagreed, just like with anyone else.  
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 06:10 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: If anyone had said we'd be 11-3 and 2 games up in the division by now, some of you would have called it "Denny" and "Over the Top."   We're having a great year.  Why do you want do this now?  It's an over the top year by any estimation.  

I believe that I predicted 13-3, before the season began.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 06:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe I took it too much to heart, but I always felt like he thought those who didn't share his particular brand of delusional optimism were idiots, or just not real fans.

^This all day and all night.^

No hard feelings personally with Denny but what Nately posted here seems pretty accurate.

Then again he wouldn't be the only one from those boards who posted/acted that way.

Aren't we all a little guilty of this time to time?

His was just more frequent.  Like a gnat buzzing around.  [Image: dry.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Don't be so hard on Hill and the O-line's run blocking guys.  

They just are getting into form.  

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets 200+ yards against Denver!

Hue can do it !!  Don't worry.

You guys just wait and see !!

[Image: th?id=OIP.Mf4498bcb07aad5a9a1ba939596d45...=300&h=300]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 07:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I believe that I predicted 13-3, before the season began.

I hope that prediction is right!  
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 06:50 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Denny was pretty Awesome...   Who Dey!!!!!  Denny!!!!

(12-22-2015, 06:53 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Douchebag can stay gone.  Good riddance

On the Denny spectrum I guess I'd fall exactly between these two.

But, yeah, he would have been unbearable to have around this year Smirk
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 07:50 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: ^This all day and all night.^

No hard feelings personally with Denny but what Nately posted here seems pretty accurate.

Then again he wouldn't be the only one from those boards who posted/acted that way.

Aren't we all a little guilty of this time to time?

His was just more frequent.  Like a gnat buzzing around.  [Image: dry.gif]

I realize he was either real-life deluded into thinking Mike Brown crapped gold, or just putting on a front since he was open about working for the Bengals, BUT I worked for a sports team at one point and I never would have been so open about it.  Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 08:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I realize he was either real-life deluded into thinking Mike Brown crapped gold, or just putting on a front since he was open about working for the Bengals, BUT I worked for a sports team at one point and I never would have been so open about it.  Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I think it was combo of towing the company line and a dream come true to be that close to the organization.

He wasn't going to chance it.  Saying anything negative.  Not for some random message boards posters.

Yet he liked being "the insider" so that is why he kept coming back.

I understand it. 

Not for everyone...  that's for sure!

PS - That wrestler guy who kept coming back on those and these boards had a major woody for taking on Denny.  Almost to the point of obsession.  It was pretty weird.
Reply/Quote