Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If Aaron Donald destroys us in the 1st half...
(02-10-2022, 10:44 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Would it be insane to move DJ Reader to RG?   

I stopped reading right here. Lmao WHAT? Yes, it would be insane. 

EDIT - I just realized you were joking, thank god. I've read some crazy shit in football forums and I thought this was the king of them all.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 11:54 AM)casear2727 Wrote: A couple people stopped right there. Maybe if you read the 2nd sentence.... "Just joking but..." you wouldnt have joined them in making a needless post like this....?

Looks like you responded before my edit. I realized you were joking afterwards, but don't make a joke if you can't take some flak. 
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 11:50 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I stopped reading right here. Lmao WHAT? Yes, it would be insane. 

EDIT - I just realized you were joking, thank god. I've read some crazy shit in football forums and I thought this was the king of them all.

LOL, I get it, wasnt my best effort.  
Reply/Quote
What is the most effective way to stop an interior rush outside of blocking effectively? Disguised runs? Screens? Effective scrambles?
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:24 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: What is the most effective way to stop an interior rush outside of blocking effectively? Disguised runs? Screens? Effective scrambles?

Lets stop worrying so much about godzilla killing all of our OL, I think we maybe surprised how we handle it.  
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:53 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Lets stop worrying so much about godzilla killing all of our OL, I think we maybe surprised how we handle it.  

Thank you!
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:24 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: What is the most effective way to stop an interior rush outside of blocking effectively? Disguised runs? Screens? Effective scrambles?

Quick passes. Have the Center slide down to help Guard. Don’t back down from him. Whatever they do, they cannot afford to try and block him one-on-one. He will destroy any of the Bengals linemen one-on-one.

Bottom line is, many have tried and most have failed. Donald has beaten double teams as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Has any team had any success shutting him and VonM down?
If so, Bengals O and coaches need to take notes
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 11:50 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm thinking the way Chase has blocked down the field if we struggle at first go ahead and give him a go at RG. It could be a win win if he shuts down Donald then Burrow picks the Rams defense a part. If Donald gets past Chase then just lob it right over his head to a now wide open Chase. Mind blown.

Why are we all talking like AD won't be double and triple teamed the entire game? Donald is a problem because the best lineman in the NFL have to get help to contain him...ain't going to be any one on one's. Quick passes in the middle are the only way to go...dink and dunk down the field.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 04:25 PM)StripesNall Wrote: Why are we all talking like AD won't be double and triple teamed the entire game? Donald is a problem because the best lineman in the NFL have to get help to contain him...ain't going to be any one on one's. Quick passes in the middle are the only way to go...dink and dunk down the field.

Ramsey will be crapping his pants by 2 nd Q trying to stay with Chase
I believe Bengals will have a solid plan to manage AD, and that will open it up for JB all day long

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 01:34 PM)Whacked Wrote: Has any team had any success shutting him and VonM down?
If so, Bengals O and coaches need to take notes

Define "shutting down". 'Cause in 3 postseason games, the entire Rams defense has 4 sacks (compared to 8 of the Bengals defense Ninja). Now, that doesn't mean they weren't getting pressure and what not, which is why I asked for your definition of shutting down (and 'cause I just LOVE bringing up the fact that the Bengals defense has twice as many sacks in this postseason than the Rams Smirk)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 04:25 PM)StripesNall Wrote: Why are we all talking like AD won't be double and triple teamed the entire game? Donald is a problem because the best lineman in the NFL have to get help to contain him...ain't going to be any one on one's. Quick passes in the middle are the only way to go...dink and dunk down the field.

And due to the double and triple teams of AD other really good defenders will have 1 on 1's.

I dont want to get overconfident we will hold that dline in check just to be disappointed. But I am hopeful it wont be as bad as some might think it may be. 
Reply/Quote
Donald when he is rested and motivated is a game wrecker,....but he does tire disappear for stretches at a time where he will just stand up an try to knock down passes instead of full on pass rushing or run penetrating.
Reply/Quote
Then you’d strap in and get ready for a loooooooong 2nd half. Hopefully in your scenario we aren’t already losing by 2-3 scores
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2022, 10:44 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Would it be insane to move DJ Reader to RG?   He would know all the moves of a DT and not easily bull rushed....

I'm just joking, but the Oline is the obvious weak link.  I dont think any of us would fear losing this game if we had an above average line and Joe had 2.5 secs every pass play.  (Im as almost anxious about next year with a good line as a I am about the SB)

I'm interested in what out of the box ideas we could come up with to offset the pass rush.  There is always the chip from RB, the TE block & release.

We max protect at times keeping the RB and TE in, but that leaves only 3 WR's vs 7 defenders.

We could do the exact opposite and go empty with 5 receivers, Joe's preference, giving him 5 options but he would have to make up his mind and get rid of the ball real, real quick.

We also need to mixup our looks.  The Rams do an interesting thing with their WR's in motion.  They actually shoot up the hole in the middle of the line like a FB to block for the RB, Kupp is very good at this.

I wonder if we could do this with someone in motion, snapping the ball when the motion man is at the olineman facing AD and provide help...?

It would be amazing if our guys could hold their own as that is an incredible group on the other side.

Ya let's gas our biggest run stopper and pocket smasher by playing him both ways lol...
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:53 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Lets stop worrying so much about godzilla killing all of our OL, I think we maybe surprised how we handle it.  

Iv done this in my personal life many times

Came up on something insurmountable and actually messed around and did a good job.

I told this to my friend. What if this is the game the o line is actually good? For no specific reason other than luck, what if this is the game Adeniji is just amazing. What if this is the game not 1 feee rusher sacks Burrow. These guys have heard for 2 weeks how much they suck and how bad Donald is going to kill them. What if they are in freaking sync Sunday? Bengals would probably win by 20+
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 05:19 PM)Tony Wrote: Ya let's gas our biggest run stopper and pocket smasher by playing him both ways lol...

That was a joke Tony, read the very next sentence... geez.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 05:46 PM)casear2727 Wrote: That was a joke Tony, read the very next sentence... geez.

I never read them all when it's like half a book.... 
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 12:31 AM)Roland Wrote:  

Hit the three dots above the tweet.  Select "Embed Tweet."  Select "Copy Code."  Paste the code into your post.  Hit preview post.   Edit out the script bit at the end that the forum doesn't render.

Wow, this doesn't bode well for the Rams lol

Get the ball in our Receivers hands early and let them go to work getting YAC. 

Chase could have his best game as he is about the hardest dude to tackle in the NFL besides Deebo Samuel right now.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 04:33 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Define "shutting down". 'Cause in 3 postseason games, the entire Rams defense has 4 sacks (compared to 8 of the Bengals defense Ninja). Now, that doesn't mean they weren't getting pressure and what not, which is why I asked for your definition of shutting down (and 'cause I just LOVE bringing up the fact that the Bengals defense has twice as many sacks in this postseason than the Rams Smirk)

Yeah I saw the sack total for the Rams and was shocked. But they were hanging all over Kyler in his own endzone when he threw a floater they picked for a step in touchdown. Also they were hanging all over Jimmy G when he threw a tipped pick to end the game. Two plays the teams probably would've preferred a sack. Really just need to commit two guys to Donald and don't lose focus and hopefully we can limit they're pass rush.
Reply/Quote