Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Bijan is number 1 on our big board and he’s still there around pick 18-20 we HAVE
(04-13-2023, 03:18 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

Mcshay had Breece Hall at pick 25 to Buffalo in his last Mock Pre Draft last year. 

It seems like late 1st or early 2nd was what I remember Breece Hall being projected in a lot of Mocks and he did actually go in the 2nd round day 2.

If Bijan is a lesser prospect than Saquon Barkley was at 233 pounds, yet better than Breece Hall, then late round one may be about right for Bijan.

I think the Bengals may be right in the mix for him.

True.
I'm lookin' real hard at the Chargers though for what they will do.
They might want to put more emphasis on the ground game so Herbert doesn't have as much on his shoulders. Getting Robinson could really help balance. 
But they also could use another pass catcher with Allen being almost 31 years old and Everett being almost 30 years old. Not to mention Everett is set to hit FA after this season and releasing Allen could free up over $20 mill in cap next year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2023, 03:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: True.
They might want to put more emphasis on the ground game so Herbert doesn't have as much on his shoulders. Getting Robinson could really help balance. 
But they also could use another pass catcher with Allen being almost 31 years old and Everett being almost 30 years old. Not to mention Everett is set to hit FA after this season and releasing Allen could free up over $20 mill in cap next year.

Plus Mike Williams tends to miss games with injury, They could look at receiver as you suggest.

They sit at pick #21 so they should have more very good options at different positions. More different ways to go.

Would someone like the Eagles trade up in front of the Bengals from pick #30 ?  Also the Bills & Dallas picking right before the Bengals.

The Bengals may need a small trade up should he get past the Chargers if they want Bijan.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2023, 03:18 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

Mcshay had Breece Hall at pick 25 to Buffalo in his last Mock Pre Draft last year. 

It seems like late 1st or early 2nd was what I remember Breece Hall being projected in a lot of Mocks and he did actually go in the 2nd round day 2.

If Bijan is a lesser prospect than Saquon Barkley was at 233 pounds, yet better than Breece Hall, then late round one may be about right for Bijan.

I think the Bengals may be right in the mix for him.

Good points Depthchart and makes me feel better about our chances of landing Bijan.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2023, 03:36 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

Plus Mike Williams tends to miss games with injury, They could look at receiver as you suggest.

They sit at pick #21 so they should have more very good options at different positions. More different ways to go.

Would someone like the Eagles trade up in front of the Bengals from pick #30 ?  Also the Bills & Dallas picking right before the Bengals.

The Bengals may need a small trade up should he get past the Chargers if they want Bijan.

I wasn't really considering the Cowboys since the emergence of Tony Pollard, but maybe they would go after Robinson. He is a Longhorn after all.
I'd have a hard time believing the Bills would go Robinson after just drafting James Cook in the 2nd round last year.
Dude got his feet wet last year as a rookie and averaged 5.7 YPC on 89 rushing attempts. Dude I think is gonna be an easy 1000+ yard guy if given a majority of the carries.
PHI I could see wanting Robinson, but I'd imagine they'd trade ahead of CIN if they really liked him. It's pretty clear the Bengals don't envision Mixon as their long-term guy and want a new starter long-term.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2023, 03:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: True.

The Chargers are definitely a possibility. They also desperately need some speed. I think Flowers makes a ton of sense for them as well, or maybe Kincaid if they go TE.
Reply/Quote
If Chargers are losing Ekler i see no reason for them not to pick Bijan
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2023, 09:43 AM)Housh Wrote: To at least THINK about trading up right?

I think RB being a low value position makes people forget what a GREAT RB can do for an offense.

If this kid is 2023 Jamal Charles then we need to go get him. Keep in mind my trade scenarios only activate if he’s magically there at around pick 20. If Bijan picks up more steam the deal would have to be huge

Like our 1st, 2nd and maybe 2 more picks past round 4 or 5

f u k n o
Reply/Quote
If our first and seconder rounder could guarantee Bijan; I'd easily do it. Dallas didn't have "The Triplets" until they got Emmitt.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
No way we trade UP for a RB. Our run blocking sucks. And we need more picks, not fewer. With Burrow, Higgins, & Chase eating more of our cap in future years, some of the quality FAs we brought in or starters on big 2nd contracts will need to get replaced with cheaper players. Reader, Hendrickson, Collins, Awuzie, Hilton, BJ Hill, Mixon, Boyd, and Hubbard are all in that boat. Some will return. FA can replace some. But we need picks to step in. The process has already begun with Hill taking Bates spot at FS and Scott coming in for Bell.
Reply/Quote