Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Guenther Leaves....
If rumors are true and Guenther leaves the bengals as DC  to be a DC elsewhere...

Who would some potential replacements be?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 12:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If rumors are true and Guenther leaves the bengals as DC  to be a DC elsewhere...

Well, of course, there are the lame ass position coaches.  Then there are fired guys who are the Head Clown's buddies.  That probably just about covers it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Who Cares! as long as we have ML(AGAIN) why worry about a DC!
Reply/Quote
We will have to see how this shakes out, but I can't see us attracting much outside attention for the DC spot if the guy who was here for years made a lateral move to get away from the organization. I can't see anything but an underwhelming, hopefully he isn't the next Zampese, internal promotion on this one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jack Del Rio
Reply/Quote
Haslett or Del Rio, I would throw Capers in there as a wild card.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 12:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If rumors are true and Guenther leaves the bengals as DC  to be a DC elsewhere...

Del Rio makes sense.
If looking at in-house, Coyle (unfortunately) makes sense too.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 12:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We will have to see how this shakes out, but I can't see us attracting much outside attention for the DC spot if the guy who was here for years made a lateral move to get away from the organization.  I can't see anything but an underwhelming, hopefully he isn't the next Zampese, internal promotion on this one.

Whatever else we can say....there are currently 4 head coaches in the NFL who worked for Marvin.... 3 as coordinators.  And while we do have some defensive holes to fill we also have talent so I doubt it will be as difficult as you seem to think to fill the job

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 12:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We will have to see how this shakes out, but I can't see us attracting much outside attention for the DC spot if the guy who was here for years made a lateral move to get away from the organization.  I can't see anything but an underwhelming, hopefully he isn't the next Zampese, internal promotion on this one.

On the other hand, there is appeal in knowing that once you're in the PBS circle jerk, you'll be employed for quite awhile and results are for other teams to worry about and you'll never have to make a halftime adjustment or be aggressive or coach anybody up and HeadClown will determine who plays, so you'll have few decisions to ever make.   You won't have to bother teaching anybody how to tackle and you'll never have to worry about defending the middle of the field.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 12:39 PM)McC Wrote: On the other hand, there is appeal in knowing that once you're in the PBS circle jerk, you'll be employed for quite awhile and results are for other teams to worry about and you'll never have to make a halftime adjustment or be aggressive or coach anybody up and HeadClown will determine who plays, so you'll have few decisions to ever make.   You won't have to bother teaching anybody how to tackle and you'll never have to worry about defending the middle of the field.

I think Haslett would be at the top of the list. DelRio would be my pick, but I don’t get a say.

Have heard all these plaudits about Guenther. But, I’m hoping he does make the jump to Oakland. He can’t draw up an effective blitz to save his life. And, just like the offense, he can’t make any in game adjustments with his game plans.
Reply/Quote
Haslett sucks and is the main reason for the downfall of this defense the last two years. They looked like his Washington Swiss cheese D.

Does it really matter who our assistant coaches are? We all know putting deodorant on funky armpits makes things worse.

They needed a full cleaning and didn't get it. Try not to fool yourself into thinking anything will change.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 12:44 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: I think Haslett would be at the top of the list.  DelRio would be my pick, but I don’t get a say.

Have heard all these plaudits about Guenther.  But, I’m hoping he does make the jump to Oakland.  He can’t draw up an effective blitz to save his life.  And, just like the offense, he can’t make any in game adjustments with his game plans.

He drew up a lot of great blitzes for Zim.  But HeadClown stomped all over his defense when Zim left and that's why Paulie is running like hell first chance he got.  The real Paulie's defense will likely look a lot different at his next job.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 12:49 PM)jj22 Wrote: Haslett sucks and is the main reason for the downfall of this defense the last two years. They looked like his Washington Swiss cheese D.

Does it really matter who our assistant coaches are? We all know putting deodorant on funky armpits makes things worse.

They needed a full cleaning and didn't get it. Try not to fool yourself into thinking anything will change.

Hate to say it, but this. Do not see much change coming. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 12:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Del Rio makes sense.
If looking at in-house, Coyle (unfortunately) makes sense too.

Dude Id take Vance Joseph back in a heart beat before I offered Coyle a Dollar
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 12:58 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Hate to say it, but this. Do not see much change coming. 

Lipstick on a pig.  The reason for the sukking is still here and beyond that, who cares who the next failures will be because the Pharoah of Phailure will have his heavy paws all over everything anyway.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 12:56 PM)McC Wrote: He drew up a lot of great blitzes for Zim.  But HeadClown stomped all over his defense when Zim left and that's why Paulie is running like hell first chance he got.  The real Paulie's defense will likely look a lot different at his next job.

Amen, someone else that gets it!  
What with all the love for Del Rio? The few Raider games I watched, his defense was nothing to write home about...
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 01:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dude Id take Vance Joseph back in a heart beat before I offered Coyle a Dollar

Coyle would be the worst pick, so now we all know he will be Lewis's picK for DC. Hammer
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 01:02 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Amen, someone else that gets it!  
What with all the love for Del Rio? The few Raider games I watched, his defense was nothing to write home about...

Well then, that makes him perfect.  Marvin learned his lesson from having Zim around.  He couldn't stand all the credit Zim got and there was no way in hell Zim would dance on puppet strings.  He will not bring in a coordinator who he can't utterly control.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 12:23 PM)McC Wrote: Well, of course, there are the lame ass position coaches.  Then there are fired guys who are the Head Clown's buddies.  That probably just about covers it.

This.....

(01-03-2018, 12:24 PM)firstand10 Wrote: Who Cares! as long as we have ML(AGAIN) why worry about a DC!

.....and this.  

Has Piano Man ever coached defense?  Sounds about right up and Mike Clown's alley.  Dilly! Dilly! Whatever

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Not sure why everyone hates Coyle but he would be the guy.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote