Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Guenther Leaves....
(01-03-2018, 03:50 PM)McC Wrote: What interviews?  Both Grudens have said they wanted him.  And I don't see him wanting to come back.   I would think he would want the chance to be his own man.

Yeah and i would gladly have Del Rio over Paulie G anyway.

Del Rio coached some damn good Defenses in Jacksonville.
Reply/Quote
Don't underestimate the value of the Bengals as a team to attract top talent. There are only 32 NFL teams on the planet as of now, the Bengals being one of them and the defense has plenty of good talented players to work with. One lousy season doesn't scare away people nor does the alleged perception of Mikey being cheap. 
Hell, if they offered the job to anyone of you you'd crap your pants in joy then jump on the opportunity..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't like the waiting game we did that thinking we was going to get something real good from a division rival for McCarron and ended up not getting to trade him to anyone. Because it fell thru who is to say they didn't just dangle bait out for us to make sure we didn't end up with extra draft picks next year to hurt a division rival or get even for Hue getting taken for everything in the Raiders trade.

Its kind of like a gf if you don't want me good riddance see ya. Don't stick around and see if she comes back if the other guy don't want her. Don't be someones second fiddle. If Paul G wants to dance with another team let him go and get the best prospect out there before you play the waiting game and miss the boat again. I don't even want Paul G his D only gets better once its inside the 20 and the field is so small you put 11 defenders in a small area. The guy wont blitz much which was our strength when Zim was here disguising blitzs. We give up a ton of yards I just think we can do so much better then we do with the talent we have.
Reply/Quote
I heard on NFL radio this morning that Zimmer's DC in Minny is interviewing for Head Coaching gigs. PG may go to Minny and work with Zim again. I remember Zim wanted him to go with him when he left.....
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 09:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I heard on NFL radio this morning that Zimmer's DC in Minny is interviewing for Head Coaching gigs. PG may go to Minny and work with Zim again. I remember Zim wanted him to go with him when he left.....

If anyone can get the best out of PG, it's Zimmer. Let him go. We can do better.
Reply/Quote
If not an outside hire.. Haslett did pretty well for the rams as DC I believe (so my boss tells me)
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 03:06 AM)grampahol Wrote: Don't underestimate the value of the Bengals as a team to attract top talent. There are only 32 NFL teams on the planet as of now, the Bengals being one of them and the defense has plenty of good talented players to work with. One lousy season doesn't scare away people nor does the alleged perception of Mikey being cheap. 
Hell, if they offered the job to anyone of you you'd crap your pants in joy then jump on the opportunity..

Two in a row now, but it can be viewed as many more if players are wanting to join a team that's a Super Bowl candidate.

And I agree that anyone who uses the blanket statement "Mike Brown is cheap" hasn't looked into specifics.
He pays his key players pretty well, but they've all been players that were drafted by the Bengals.
But he doesn't bring in much top paid talent at all in FA and skimps on some other areas when it comes to finances.
I think a better word to describe Mike Brown when it comes to finances is frugal.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Someone needs to get Wade Phillips' ass on the phone and offer him a truckload full of money. 

That dude is gold-flaked magic.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Someone needs to get Wade Phillips' ass on the phone and offer him a truckload full of money. 

Is Wade available? Would absolutely love this.

Just think Del Rio is more likely with him being buds with Marv and all.
Reply/Quote
Del Rio would be a massive get for us, if he accepts. I heard Marv is tinkering with the idea of switching to a 3-4 defense too.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Someone needs to get Wade Phillips' ass on the phone and offer him a truckload full of money. 

He's like 70 too...dude is a phenomenal defensive coach
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Is Wade available? Would absolutely love this.

Just think Del Rio is more likely with him being buds with Marv and all.

I'm pretty sure he's with the Rams right now so it would be a lateral move which would require permission to talk to him. 

I'm just sayin...if there's one guy out there, he's the guy you want if at all possible.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 03:01 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: He's like 70 too...dude is a phenomenal defensive coach

Yup. But i'd still take him for a couple years. ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 02:59 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Del Rio would be a massive get for us, if he accepts. I heard Marv is tinkering with the idea of switching to a 3-4 defense too.

The 4-3 has been going on too long now, though pretty successful. 

Both SB trips were with the 3-4.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 03:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm pretty sure he's with the Rams right now so it would be a lateral move which would require permission to talk to him. 

I'm just sayin...if there's one guy out there, he's the guy you want if at all possible.

I would do whatever it takes to get Wade Phillips, dude might be the best DC in the NFL.

Would be more than happy with Del Rio though and he just got fired, much more likely.
Reply/Quote
I'd love Wade Phillips, especially if he dusted off his dad's fur coat and cowboy hat and started chewing Red Man. Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 03:27 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'd love Wade Phillips, especially if he dusted off his dad's fur coat and cowboy hat and started chewing Red Man. Smirk

lmao
Reply/Quote