Poll: Would you be willing to trade Burfict?
This poll is closed.
Yes
40.54%
15 40.54%
No
59.46%
22 59.46%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Guenther came calling?
Would you trade Burfict?

Just thinking if we had any other trade chips this offseason.

Jones is probably too expensive.

Zimmer may take MJ for a late pick.

Can we get something from Ced from someone who thinks they can revive his career?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I would, not because I don’t love his play, but because he is a suspension or injury waiting to happen.
Reply/Quote
I would trade Burfict because I think his concussion issues will only get worse going forward.
Reply/Quote
No chance.

I've seen our defense without Burfict. He is a difference maker.
Reply/Quote
I think if you can get fair value, then yes. But I'm always of the opinion that you should listen on everyone, so it's not just Burfict for me.
Reply/Quote
I would say no one is untouchable, but Burfict is damn close. Lose him, who controls the D?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2018, 01:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No chance.

I've seen our defense without Burfict.  He is a difference maker.

This being said I would listen to any offer for any player.  But it would have to be a hell of a deal for me to give up Burfict.
Reply/Quote
Yes

Because he is out with suspensions and injuries frequently and has a target on his back.

But it would have to be a sweet deal.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2018, 01:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: Would you trade Burfict?

Can we get something from Ced from someone who thinks they can revive his career?

There is a sucker born every day and many reportedly liked him before draft, so maybe. 

If so would take it in a NY minute. 

Do not see it happening so hope Pollack can work magic with him. 

Ced may just prove how bad PA was if he improves greatly. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
He makes a huge difference for the defense when he's on the field, but if someone offers something good, then I would probably take it.

He's averaging 7 games missed/year the last four years, and I think his concussion problem will only get more serious. Two straight seasons where he's essentially ended his season with concussions now, right? Plus at least 2 others suffered during his career. The guy's going to miss a whole season from one soon. That's assuming the league doesn't target him for another unprecedented suspension of abnormal length, first.

I would pull the trigger for a 1st and 2nd, easily. That could let them rebuild the 4/5ths of their OL that badly needs replaced.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2018, 02:20 PM)Go Cards Wrote: There is a sucker born every day and many reportedly liked him before draft, so maybe. 

If so would take it in a NY minute. 

Do not see it happening so hope Pollack can work magic with him. 

Ced may just prove how bad PA was if he improves greatly. 

It sounds like he may get the chance if you listen to Hobspin talk like we may pass on LT in the first. I think they badly want for him to succeed (which I understand as a first round pick), so I'm not sure they will pick a LT in the first and feel the pressure to bench him and move on.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Nope. Burfict is our best player on the defense. Why in the world would you trade your best player?

Players I would like to get rid of instead--

Ced (obvious)
Pacman
Dre k

We need more good linebackers not less.
Reply/Quote
No. Burfict's presence alone on the field makes a difference regardless of how bad ass he is.

Reply/Quote
My quick response was "no". However, if it meant we could get a couple of great picks, maybe a 2nd and 4th, and were going to replace him with say a Tahir Whitehead sort of player, then yes.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2018, 03:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: It sounds like he may get the chance if you listen to Hobspin talk like we may pass on LT in the first. I think they badly want for him to succeed (which I understand as a first round pick), so I'm not sure they will pick a LT in the first and feel the pressure to bench him and move on.

I think they'll definitely give him a chance, and I think there was some improvement as the year went on.   But I think he's got a really low ceiling because of his lack of smarts/instincts, his lack of core strength and his lack of aggressiveness.

I also think that it is unlikely that they take an offensive lineman in the first round.
  • There are too many questions with each of the top tackle prospects
  • 12 is too high for them to take a guard or center - unless Nelson falls to us - which he won't
It's going to be a really interesting draft.  Hopefully not a failure to make a good decision.  They have not fared well int eh first round the last 2 years, though I hope Ross shows up and proves that Og and Fish were anomalies.
Reply/Quote
And as for trading Burfict...

No

We'd never get his worth in a trade
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2018, 02:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This being said I would listen to any offer for any player.  But it would have to be a hell of a deal for me to give up Burfict.

Agree with these sentiments

Hard to imagine linebacker group without Burfict.  They are all mediocre to bad besides him.
Reply/Quote

No, i like Burfict too much man. I know he is a suspension or concussion away from no longer being in the NFL but he has
tried to clean up his dirty play and as long as he continues to try and tackle more with his shoulders and stops lowering his
head he might last a few more years. The Defense is on a different level when he is out there, he is our fire.

He is also really the only player in the Merv era who has played fantastic in a Playoff game.
Reply/Quote

would take a lot for me to part with burfict.. as others have said our D is good with him and piss poor without him..  And we have no one close to his level in the linebacking core to replace him
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2018, 03:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: It sounds like he may get the chance if you listen to Hobspin talk like we may pass on LT in the first. I think they badly want for him to succeed (which I understand as a first round pick), so I'm not sure they will pick a LT in the first and feel the pressure to bench him and move on.

have to pass on a LT in the first to get a Center right?

Gotta wait for Free agency to come and go before we can better predict 12 pick
Reply/Quote