Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If Haskins is there at 11...
(04-12-2019, 12:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: NYG supposedly would still be interested at 17 but not at 6. They might be willing to trade up to 11 if he falls that far.
The following trade turns out to be the exact same value according to trade value chart:

CIN trades 11 (1250 pts) and 72 (230 pts) to NYG
NYG trades 17 (950 pts) and 37 (530 pts) to CIN

This would have Cincinnati picking 17th in 1st round and 37th and 42nd in 2nd round.
They would lose their 3rd rounder, however.

But personally, I see a lot of good picks being available in early-mid Rd 2 and I don't like a lot of Rd 3 prospects. So I'd be all in favor of such a trade.

Please do not take Haskins at 11,pass on him and allow some other team to come up ahead of us for him.The skins,the fins, just someone and get an extra couple picks for him this year like another 3 and 4 rounders.We can get a qb in round 4-5.Take Andre Dillard or Taylor or Williams, or a top D-lineman.4 days and a wake up.Its all good folks. ThumbsUp :andy:
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2019, 11:08 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: So a new car isn't in your immediate needs now but someone offers you a deal that will cost you only one half or one third of what that car will cost you in the next two or three years. That's a way to look at the QB situation facing the Bengals. The pundits are projecting a 8-8 season this year and that will probably give us a lower pick than this year. They would give up no extra picks while moving up in 2020 or2021 would cost a boat load of picks. Then there is Andy's contract situation next year. All I am saying is there is a ton of reasons not to wait until QB is a need RIGHT NOW.

You are greatly exaggerating the difference between picking 11 and picking 16.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2019, 05:20 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Please do not take Haskins at 11,pass on him and allow some other team to come up ahead of us for him.The skins,the fins, just someone and get an extra couple picks for him this year like another 3 and 4 rounders.We can get a qb in round 4-5.Take Andre Dillard or Taylor or Williams, or a top D-lineman.4 days and a wake up.Its all good folks. ThumbsUp :andy:

I think ideal scenario for us would be only 1 QB taken in 1st 10 picks, then 11 becomes very valuable for a Haskins, Murray or Lock lover to trade into #11 slot.

I would not opposed to Haskins or Lock if we needed to move back in round 1 around 25 or above pick to nab them. But likely they are gone by then
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 08:54 PM)Synric Wrote: Its possible the Cardinals are backing off Kyler Murray.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/report-cards-backing-murray-no-1-pick-sticking-rosen

You mean to tell me a FO was actually considering ticket sales as a factor for possibly taking a QB? 

I've been told that top QB prospects don't sell tickets.  Mellow

Anyways, if the Cards don't take Murray, it will push the other QB's down the board and make it easier for us to trade down, which would be a good thing.

Of course, this also increases the odds that we'll take a QB, if Zac wants one.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2019, 11:08 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: So a new car isn't in your immediate needs now but someone offers you a deal that will cost you only one half or one third of what that car will cost you in the next two or three years. That's a way to look at the QB situation facing the Bengals. The pundits are projecting a 8-8 season this year and that will probably give us a lower pick than this year. They would give up no extra picks while moving up in 2020 or2021 would cost a boat load of picks. Then there is Andy's contract situation next year. All I am saying is there is a ton of reasons not to wait until QB is a need RIGHT NOW.

Depends. Do you need to spend that extra money on the "new car" for something more important in the next couple years? Or do you have the luxury to get the deal and hope that the "new car" actually turns out to be a dream car? Because right now, we don't know that the "new car" is actually going to be that great. It could end up being a lemon. Then you ended up wasting money on the lemon rather than putting that money toward something else that would have given more benefit.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2019, 06:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think ideal scenario for us would be only 1 QB taken in 1st 10 picks, then 11 becomes very valuable for a Haskins, Murray or Lock lover to trade into #11 slot.

I would not opposed to Haskins or Lock if we needed to move back in round 1 around 25 or above pick to nab them. But likely they are gone by then

We would realistically need at least 2 QB's gone to really get a bidding war going at 11.  There are 3 QB needy teams behind us in the Dolphins, Redskins, and Giants.  If only 1 QB is off the board, those teams can just let them fall to them.  If one of them will miss out, then the phone will start ringing.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 01:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You mean to tell me a FO was actually considering ticket sales as a factor for possibly taking a QB? 

I've been told that top QB prospects don't sell tickets.  Mellow

The reason Arizona decided NOT to take a QB at #1 was because it was NOT selling tickets.

"The reason they did is they are having a hard time selling tickets. Well, they put it out there. Arizona was lukewarm to it." 

If taking a QB at #10 sells tickets why aren't the Cardinal fans queuing up to see Josh Rosen? Hmm
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 02:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The reason Arizona decided NOT to take a QB at #1 was because it was NOT selling tickets.

"The reason they did is they are having a hard time selling tickets. Well, they put it out there. Arizona was lukewarm to it." 

If taking a QB at #10 sells tickets why aren't the Cardinal fans queuing up to see Josh Rosen? Hmm

Because Rosen flopped hard in year 1? 

...also not every QB gets the same amount of hype. If we take Daniel Jones, would it have the same effect as taking Kyler Murray or Dwayne Haskins? 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 03:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Because Rosen flopped hard in year 1? 

...also not every QB gets the same amount of hype. If we take Daniel Jones, would it have the same effect as taking Kyler Murray or Dwayne Haskins? 

Haskins would get insane hype because he played for OSU. However, Zac will be out of a job if he fails.  We all know that OSU players only bust because they weren't used right, not because they aren't that good .  If Haskins struggles, most of the fans will scream for Taylor's head.   On top of that, fans will be screaming for Haskins to start any time the offense struggles the least little bit.  If I'm Zac, I don't think I would want all the extra drama and distractions that would come along with Haskins.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 01:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Depends. Do you need to spend that extra money on the "new car" for something more important in the next couple years? Or do you have the luxury to get the deal and hope that the "new car" actually turns out to be a dream car? Because right now, we don't know that the "new car" is actually going to be that great. It could end up being a lemon. Then you ended up wasting money on the lemon rather than putting that money toward something else that would have given more benefit.

The one you purchase the next year that you paid two or three times more for could also be a lemon. If this years lemon then you buy another one hoping it won't be a lemon. The law of averages say sooner or later(see Cleveland) you will get a good one. One things for certain you aren't going anywhere without a car.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 04:35 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The one you purchase the next year that you paid two or three times more for could also be a lemon.

Where do you keep coming up with "two or three times more" when talking about draft at 16 instead of 11?  There really isn't that much difference.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 03:44 PM)Whatever Wrote: Haskins would get insane hype because he played for OSU. However, Zac will be out of a job if he fails.  We all know that OSU players only bust because they weren't used right, not because they aren't that good .  If Haskins struggles, most of the fans will scream for Taylor's head.   On top of that, fans will be screaming for Haskins to start any time the offense struggles the least little bit.  If I'm Zac, I don't think I would want all the extra drama and distractions that would come along with Haskins.

I'd like to hear from OSU fans around here...would an OSU QB really make OSU fans fill the seats? I wouldn't think one player would.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 04:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Where do you keep coming up with "two or three times more" when talking about draft at 16 instead of 11?  There really isn't that much difference.

Let me explain it to you in terms you may understand. If you want a top rater QB you won't be guaranteed one unless you are the top five in the draft. If the Bengals have a season like this year they won't get a top rated QB so giving up extra picks is the only way to move up.  You may get one but the top rated ones go early. You may end up with another Peyton Manning or Jamarcus Russel, who knows. I know you think other teams like the Eagles or Chiefs are stupid to draft QBs when they already have one but they are SB contenders while we are pretenders.
Reply/Quote
I really think the QB the Bengals are targeting is Daniel Jones. Just a feeling. If Murray is there, I believe the Bengals will take him because he is mobile.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 05:14 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I really think the QB the Bengals are targeting is Daniel Jones.  Just a feeling.  If Murray is there, I believe the Bengals will take him because he is mobile.

Brandt says Jones will be the best of the bunch......I'd be fine with that.

On a side note, Murray got a 20 on the Wonderlic, Jones a 37.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/wonderlic-test-scores-of-2019-nfl-draft-quarterbacks-leaked/ar-BBWbnHl?li=BBnb7Kz

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 05:05 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Let me explain it to you in terms you may understand. If you want a top rater QB you won't be guaranteed one unless you are the top five in the draft. 

Let me explain it to you in terms you may understand.  We don't draft in the top 5 this year.  We have the #11 pick.

(04-22-2019, 05:05 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  I know you think other teams like the Eagles or Chiefs are stupid to draft QBs when they already have one but they are SB contenders while we are pretenders.

Maybe I don't want to just be a contender.  Maybe i want to actually win one.  That is why I want an undrafted QB like Kurt Warner.

In fact I can't think of a single team that won a Super Bowl with a QB they took in the first round when they still had a good young starting QBin place.  Rodgers is the closest I can come to, but Favre was 36 when the Pack drafted Aaron.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 05:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Let me explain it to you in terms you may understand.  We don't draft in the top 5 this year.  We have the #11 pick.

Maybe I don't want to just be a contender.  Maybe i want to actually win one.  That is why I want an undrafted QB like Kurt Warner.

We don't draft in the top five this year and probably not next year either but the discussion was IF HASKINS IS THERE AT 11. The big rap on him is he only started one year. He is one of the top QBs in the draft and getting him at 11 COULD work out for the Bengals. I know you are sold on Andy Dalton but even if you refuse to ever admit it , you could be wrong. 
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 05:38 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: We don't draft in the top five this year and probably not next year either but the discussion was IF HASKINS IS THERE AT 11.

If Haskins is still there at 11 then he is not a top 5 pick and you are just grossly overestimating his value.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 05:38 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  I know you are sold on Andy Dalton but even if you refuse to ever admit it , you could be wrong. 

I don't deny that there is a chance that Haskins or some other QB from this draft could be better than Dalton, but since QB is not a big need for us there is no need to take the chance.

There is a chance we could draft a RB at #11 who is better than Mixon, but that does not mean we should take that chance when we already have a solid starter in place.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 05:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: Brandt says Jones will be the best of the bunch......I'd be fine with that.

Ugh.  Please no.  I'm just not seeing it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote