Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If He's There.....
If Josh Allen is there in the 1st round when the Bengals are on the clock....Should they pull the trigger on him. After his combine, I'm guessing he won't be, but the guy threw it 70 yards in the air and dropped it on a dime. Jon Ross becomes an instant impact with Allen at QB. I understand the need for OL this off season, but if they can address just 1-2 of those needs in FA, wishful thinking, maybe they have the option to make it happen. I've seen a few mocks that have the Bengals taking him, but I'm guessing he'll be gone in the first 5 picks so it may be a mute point anyway. But if not........ What would you do?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 11:38 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: If Josh Allen is there in the 1st round when the Bengals are on the clock....Should they pull the trigger on him. After his combine, I'm guessing he won't be, but the guy threw it 70 yards in the air and dropped it on a dime. Jon Ross becomes an instant impact with Allen at QB. I understand the need for OL this off season, but if they can address just 1-2 of those needs in FA, wishful thinking, maybe they have the option to make it happen. I've seen a few mocks that have the Bengals taking him, but I'm guessing he'll be gone in the first 5 picks so it may be a mute point anyway. But if not........ What would you do?

I would in a heart beat but I doubt he's there........he will be the 2nd QB off the board and taken in the top 6
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
His hype train is just beginning to leave the station. By the time the draft rolls around, I expect him to be the consensus number 1 qb.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 11:43 AM)samhain Wrote: His hype train is just beginning to leave the station.  By the time the draft rolls around, I expect him to be the consensus number 1 qb.

Having the strongest arm in the league won't mean a thing, if he can't hit his target.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 11:45 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Having the strongest arm in the league won't mean a thing, if he can't hit his target.

True although he does look accurate. Albeit a small sample. 

But Lamar Jackson probably has a stronger arm yet less accurate but much better legs. He was trying to guide ball instead of unleashing it. Trust me he has a cannon. 

My answer to the question is no on both though. We already have Dalton for a few years and do not need a controversy over who is the starter. Because you know Marvin is not starting a rookie over Dalton this year. 

Address our needs this draft and attack the QB spot next season would be my plan. 

Or grab a good one later in draft because QB's are going to slide. There are quite a few decent ones and with Cousins and the Viking QB's hitting FA it will cause a good one or two to slip in draft. The market is kind of flooded this year imo. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Still would like to see Teddy Bridgewater signed as a back up.

He has already made the ProBowl but not sure a team will just hand the reins over to him just yet per the seriousness of his injury and not playing in two years.

Think he would be the perfect back up with a chance to take over if Dalton lives or a new direction is chosen. Or gets hurt.

Frees up the draft as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati would be a good landing spot for Josh Allen. Lazor and Van Pelt can groom him behind Dalton for a season while they rebuild the offensive line.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
It's crazy, a few months ago he was rated as a second round prospect at best. And I was all for taking him then and letting him develop behind Andy until his contract expires. Now the guy very well could go number one... Crazy how hype works
Reply/Quote
I want Lamar in Rd 2 if he's there.....
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 11:38 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: If Josh Allen is there in the 1st round when the Bengals are on the clock....Should they pull the trigger on him. After his combine, I'm guessing he won't be, but the guy threw it 70 yards in the air and dropped it on a dime. Jon Ross becomes an instant impact with Allen at QB. I understand the need for OL this off season, but if they can address just 1-2 of those needs in FA, wishful thinking, maybe they have the option to make it happen. I've seen a few mocks that have the Bengals taking him, but I'm guessing he'll be gone in the first 5 picks so it may be a mute point anyway. But if not........ What would you do?

1st Rd. I think they should take Mike McGlinchey if he's still there. It might be a slight reach, but left tackle is a glaring need....
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 11:45 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Having the strongest arm in the league won't mean a thing, if he can't hit his target.

It's all mechanical and his mechanics have already improved immensely.  The whole inaccuracy narrative is overblown.  He is the best of these QB's, hands down.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 12:13 PM)McC Wrote: It's all mechanical and his mechanics have already improved immensely.  The whole inaccuracy narrative is overblown.  He is the best of these QB's, hands down.

I'm not saying the guy is worthless, or will be a complete bust.  He is an amazing physical talent, he needs to be developed properly.

Improving techniques and mechanics is great, but we all know that under duress, guys will revert to whatever it is that they are comfortable with.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
No... there will be more qbs next year... and the year after...

I see him as a shiny new fiat... it looks cool, but most likely won't get you home...
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 12:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not saying the guy is worthless, or will be a complete bust.  He is an amazing physical talent, he needs to be developed properly.

Improving techniques and mechanics is great, but we all know that under duress, guys will revert to whatever it is that they are comfortable with.

He can do things the other guys can't.  And if his mechanics have come this far in three months, think what six more months will do.  He might not be immediately ready but when he is, look out.  He'll be a starter in no more than a year. 

This is all moot anyway.  He won't get anywhere near us.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I can see Hue falling in love with the giant cannon armed QB.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are not moving on from Dalton anytime soon...He is signed for 3 more seasons and will be the starter here for those 3 years....I think some of you act like they do not even pay attention to the Bengals organization... Fix the OL and we are a very good team....
Reply/Quote
I would not. I would rather take 4 other QBs before him alone.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 04:27 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I can see Hue falling in love with the giant cannon armed QB.

Yeah, I assume the only reason Hue still has a job is because he said "Maybe we should take Wentz" at least once behind closed doors.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 04:58 PM)spazz70 Wrote: The Bengals are not moving on from Dalton anytime soon...He is signed for 3 more seasons and will be the starter here for those 3 years....I think some of you act like they do not even pay attention to the Bengals organization...  Fix the OL and we are a very good team....

:andy:

I agree with Spazz. QB is not the problem, O-line is. Do i like Josh Allen? Hell yeah, he is extremely talented but we would just
be rebuilding if we grabbed him in the 1st round unless we really went all out and spent everything we had in FA fixing the OL.

Not going to happen, he probably won't be there and we wouldn't take him if he was.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 12:08 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: It's crazy, a few months ago he was rated as a second round prospect at best. And I was all for taking him then and letting him develop behind Andy until his contract expires. Now the guy very well could go number one... Crazy how hype works

Same thing happened with Carson Wentz....it turned out okay.
Reply/Quote