Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
If I'm Roger Goodell
I'm placing calls to all of the owners this week to discuss the possibility of forcing one of the owners to sell their franchise.  Drafting potentially generational talents at QB without offering any reasonable expectation that they will take steps to maximize their potential success waters down the product and is detrimental for the entire league.  No other NFL franchise operates quite like the Bengals do, and no other franchise has gone as long without a playoff win.  
Reply/Quote
No one cares what happens in Cincy. More highlight film guaranteed for the Steelers twice a year. To have winners, you must have losers.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:23 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I'm placing calls to all of the owners this week to discuss the possibility of forcing one of the owners to sell their franchise.  Drafting potentially generational talents at QB without offering any reasonable expectation that they will take steps to maximize their potential success waters down the product and is detrimental for the entire league.  No other NFL franchise operates quite like the Bengals do, and no other franchise has gone as long without a playoff win.  

If this was a real possibility I'd be so happy...

But the league doesn't care about a market this size, especially when they have to figure out how to fix the two fires in New York.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:25 PM)Destro Wrote: No one cares what happens in Cincy. More highlight film guaranteed for the Steelers twice a year. To have winners, you must have losers.

Couldnt be more true
The Nfl is a Multi Billion dollar Company
The rely on the bengals to be the donkey franchise every year
The bengals are the sleeping homeless person on the corner all other teams just step over on there way to an easy win
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:25 PM)Destro Wrote: No one cares what happens in Cincy. More highlight film guaranteed for the Steelers twice a year. To have winners, you must have losers.

If the Bengals draft Lawrence(or another top QB prospect) as the sport's popularity continues to decline precipitously, they'll care.
Reply/Quote
Stop...Goodell doesnt care what happens here... If he didnt do anything to fix the cleveland situation, why would he step in to fix ours? Cleveland is arguably a far better franchise historically than the bengals and has a fanbase that is far reaching. And cleveland struggled far more since their return than the bengals ever did
Reply/Quote
Which team are you talking about.

Bengals just spent $145 million on free agents this off season.

Over the previous decade Bengals are in the top half of the league in winning percentage and made the playoffs 5 times.

Sad how many Bengal fans live to play the victim.  Victim mentality is all the rage these days.
Reply/Quote

(11-22-2020, 07:29 PM)Spider Wrote: Couldnt be more true
The Nfl is a Multi Billion dollar Company
The rely on the bengals to be the donkey franchise every year
The bengals are the sleeping homeless person on the corner all other teams just step over on there way to an easy win

It is amazing how much money the league makes off all those non-teeth having, Pennsylvanian yinzers.....  

Reply/Quote
Blah Blah Blah
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:35 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Just use the ignore feature in the CP section.  You'll have a much nicer board experience if you ignore those who aggravate you.   

May have to it's something I try to avoid but damn is he the first poster to get under my skin in years.  

I have no clue how he calls himself a Bengals fan.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:23 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I'm placing calls to all of the owners this week to discuss the possibility of forcing one of the owners to sell their franchise.  Drafting potentially generational talents at QB without offering any reasonable expectation that they will take steps to maximize their potential success waters down the product and is detrimental for the entire league.  No other NFL franchise operates quite like the Bengals do, and no other franchise has gone as long without a playoff win.  

Nobody is going to invest what it costs to buy an NFL franchise and then leave it in Cincinnati.   I suppose this helps Bengals fans if object is to put them out of their misery.
Reply/Quote
Realism and not constant whining? I'd prefer his posts that are typically level headed and have some factual basis than what a good amountof people post here. Knee jerk reactions, being the victim franchise, and firing everyone including the owner of the franchise are all some people do here. Every week we lose we having people talking about how MB needs to fire himself. How does that contribute anything here? Too many people here just like circle jerking each other because when faced with facts that prove their opinion wrong they can't deal with it. 

There's plenty of time I disagree with what he posted but what did he say in this thread that was false in any form?
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:37 PM)QueenCity Wrote: May have to it's something I try to avoid but damn is he the first poster to get under my skin in years.  

I have no clue how he calls himself a Bengals fan.

I understand completely.  It wasn't something I liked to employ myself in the past, here or at any of the boards I frequent out in the world.  But, I have begun to use it here recently and elsewhere and it does make a world of difference.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:40 PM)Roland Wrote: Nobody is going to invest what it costs to buy an NFL franchise and then leave it in Cincinnati.   I suppose this helps Bengals fans if object is to put them out of their misery.

I’d invest.. anyone got billions of dollars I can take to make your Sunday’s more entertaining? I promise to make it more entertaining than it is now!
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Which team are you talking about.

I'm talking about the only team in modern history to have a franchise QB threaten to retire if their request to be traded wasn't granted.  I never said that I was a victim in any way, shape or form.  That's your projection because you don't like what I have to say.
Reply/Quote
See below

(11-22-2020, 07:35 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Just use the ignore feature in the CP section.  You'll have a much nicer board experience if you ignore those who aggravate you.   

The mods are not going to bad posters that have a different opinion then you. 

Unless someone violates the CoC they are welcome to post here and honestly, that is a really good thing.

There are so many other team message boards that if you come down on the home team - BAN!!!
If you post to the board and you're from an opposing team - BAN!!!

Holic and the rest have done a great job of allowing everyone places to voice their opinions, while giving us all the option to not see those opinions with the ignore feature.

I know emotions are high with the injury today, but we can't just get ban crazy round here. Hell, Harleydog and me had this exact conversation about a poster in another forum and he was the one reminding me that they don't just ban people and he was right and I appreciated him doing so.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:41 PM)TheFan Wrote: Realism and not constant whining? I'd prefer his posts that are typically level headed and have some factual basis than what a good amountof people post here. Knee jerk reactions, being the victim franchise, and firing everyone including the owner of the franchise are all some people do here. Every week we lose we having people talking about how MB needs to fire himself. How does that contribute anything here? Too many people here just like circle jerking each other because when faced with facts that prove their opinion wrong they can't deal with it. 

Meh theres a different between providing factual arguments and being negative nancy all the time.

As I've told Fred in the past you can play devils advocate but when it's your full-time job it gets old super fast.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:41 PM)TheFan Wrote: Realism and not constant whining? I'd prefer his posts that are typically level headed and have some factual basis than what a good amountof people post here. Knee jerk reactions, being the victim franchise, and firing everyone including the owner of the franchise are all some people do here. Every week we lose we having people talking about how MB needs to fire himself. How does that contribute anything here? Too many people here just like circle jerking each other because when faced with facts that prove their opinion wrong they can't deal with it. 

I vote to ban all those that are so over the top after a hit of him stepping into a pass and a defender fallin on his back that takes him out for the year.. means sell the franchise..blah blah blah.. lets ban all those posters
Reply/Quote
Negative?

You guys are the ones being negative.

Bengals are not a good franchise, but they are FAR from the worst.  Too many of you guys just love to play the victim.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:42 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: See below

The mods are not going to bad posters that have a different opinion then you. 

Unless someone violates the CoC they are welcome to post here and honestly, that is a really good thing.

There are so many other team message boards that if you come down on the home team - BAN!!!
If you post to the board and you're from an opposing team - BAN!!!

Holic and the rest have done a great job of allowing everyone places to voice their opinions, while giving us all the option to not see those opinions with the ignore feature.

I know emotions are high with the injury today, but we can't just get ban crazy round here. Hell, Harleydog and me had this exact conversation about a poster in another forum and he was the one reminding me that they don't just ban people and he was right and I appreciated him doing so.

Nah I get it trust me. 

I typically welcome all opinions but I can't in good faith call that man a Bengals fan.  When 95% of your posts are negative or arguing for the sake of arguing I'm not sure the value that brings to the board but I digress. 
Reply/Quote