Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
If I'm Roger Goodell
(11-22-2020, 09:25 PM)bjf123 Wrote: The taxpayers of Hamilton County will NEVER vote to spend another dime on a football stadium.  Mike Brown has guaranteed that for the foreseeable future.  The only way that changes is if the team suddenly starts winning multiple Super Bowls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed which is why I believe Burrow was our last chance to keep a franchise in Cincinnati.

If we ruined this guy we may be done. A Mike Brown death and a sell by his spawn could easily be in the works.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Which team are you talking about.

Bengals just spent $145 million on free agents this off season.

Over the previous decade Bengals are in the top half of the league in winning percentage and made the playoffs 5 times.

Sad how many Bengal fans live to play the victim.  Victim mentality is all the rage these days.

No playoff wins in 29 years, but here's your participation trophy Mr. Toast.[Image: 71R2g2ZKbkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: They would if they get to keep the sweetheart stadium deal.

To move they'd have to pay ~$500m in a relocation fee and then likely have to pay for building their own stadium (~$1-2b, or more depending on where they move to).

It'd more than double the price of buying the team if they moved it elsewhere. Meanwhile they could stay here on a highly favorable deal and just spend like $100m or so to spruce up the stadium.

That "sweetheart stadium deal" is strictly middle of the road these days.  Cincinnati's media keeps telling you what a terrible deal you got while new deals pass you by and the county spends the stadium tax on everything but the stadium.  And the county fights every upgrade that they're obligated to make in the contract based on league norms.

Nobody is going to spend a couple of billion dollars on this team based on the current stadium deal in the current market.  And the league will waive any relocation fee in a heartbeat if they move where the NFL wants to be.  Better pray that the rest of the family has as much affection for Cincinnati as Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:45 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Agreed which is why I believe Burrow was our last chance to keep a franchise in Cincinnati.

If we ruined this guy we may be done. A Mike Brown death and a sell by his spawn could easily be in the works.

Yep, Cincinnati is on the road to becoming an ex-NFL city.  Pull up a seat next to San Diego, St. Louis, and Oakland to watch your former team play in a billion dollar stadium someplace far away.

I hope that's wrong.  But the Bengals now have just three or four years to win a playoff game in time for a surge fan support to have an impact on stadium lease negotiations.  Even if Burrow comes back 100% I'm skeptical that Taylor is the guy to make that happen and another coaching change probably runs out the clock.
Reply/Quote
Fred ain’t wrong
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:07 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Hey calm down according to Fred I should be proud we weren't the absolute worst franchise the last 10-15 years.

What an accomplishment! I wonder if they give out trophies for that sh**.

This is what always happens.  People have no response to what I actually say so they make up stuff and pretend I said it.

All I was saying is that it is childish to believe that the NFL would force Mike to sell the bengals when he has been outperfroming many other NFL teams over the last decade.

The "Queen" in "QueenCity" obviously stands for "Drama Queen".
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 11:02 AM)fredtoast Wrote: ...outperfroming many other NFL teams over the last decade...

You've chosen to cherry pick one of the three decades under current ownership - one without playoff wins - in order to bury the most damning stats and ignore what players like Palmer and Dunlap have had to say.  I don't think that it's at all childish for 31 other professional franchise owners to say that enough is enough if a team is blatantly tarnishing the brand, its prestige, and its profitability.  31 other teams don't opt to make a playoff-winless coach the second longest tenured in league history.  31 other teams don't hire the most underqualified HC of the modern age after a team made a super bowl by buying a defense and running over half of the time.  I could go on and on, but that cherry picked metric of looking back at 9-7 seasons over a specific decade as some sort of a crowning achievement is just outrageous.
Reply/Quote