Poll: If Marvin returns, are you done?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Marvin Lewis is back, are you done with the Bengals?
As requested on another thread. Interested to see the results. My answer is I will always be a fan, but it will be like it has this year, watching emotionless with no hope, no excitement of upcoming games etc, Marvin has sucked the life out of me when it comes to being an inspired fan.
Reply/Quote
If he's back next year, I will not watch the Bengals until he's gone. I'm not even angry with how terrible this team is. I'm just beyond ***** bored by it.

It'll be nothing but college football for me.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Nope. I'd be lying if I said yes. I'd be lying more if I gave you an explanation as to why I wouldn't be done if we re-signed Marv. I'm a Bengals fan. Unfortunately I can't help that. It's pretty depressing.
Reply/Quote
Without out a doubt yes !

Unless there's big change I'll be focusing on other stuff on Sundays.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Honestly, even if we hire a new coach this franchise is never going to be a consistent winner.

They've won a pathetic 5 playoff games in 50 years! Isn't that evidence enough?
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 10:29 AM)Takedown Wrote: Nope. I'd be lying if I said yes. I'd be lying more if I gave you an explanation as to why I wouldn't be done if we re-signed Marv. I'm a Bengals fan. Unfortunately I can't help that. It's pretty depressing.

I always be a Bengals fan but.........unless they at least try and get better, really try. I can't sign back up for more of the same old mediocre Marv !

If my fandom has to be put on hold until Mikey is out, so be it.
Reply/Quote
Nah, I'd just have a bitter laugh (much like I did last night when I told my whining Steeler fan pals that the Steelers were going to win with a late FG.....again).

The fact that Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis just keep on keepin' on in a most un-winning way is a laugh.
Reply/Quote
Yes definitely. Enough is enough.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be interested in them very much. I would still watch them and root for them, but I wouldn't care too much. I won't be that interested until Marvin is gone.
Reply/Quote
I'll still watch on TV but will never be in PBS again until he steps down. TV is free.
Reply/Quote
I guess it would depend on your definition of the word "done". But yes, I would say I'd be done. By done, I mean I won't give up my Sunday's to watch them until Marvin is gone. I won't spend a cent on any Bengal merchandise. I won't participate in fantasy football. I won't watch much (if any) NFL football, period. I likely won't be posting much on these message boards either.

I would need a good, long break from this shitshow. It would undoubtedly do wonders for my mental and physical health.
Reply/Quote
Unless the team moved, I will always be a huge fan. But, not a bad investor. If Marvin is retained, I will still watch the Bengals on TV, but won't spend another penny on any merch, season tickets, or single game tickets until Mike Brown is done with any control. Keep in mind, I have actually liked how the Bengals have been run and lay little to no blame on Mike for the on field failures (other than brining Marvin back 2 too many times). But if Mike retains Marvin this time, that changes: I will be Bengals free with the exception of watching on TV, but still a fan!
Reply/Quote
I’ve been waiting this long. I can wait a little longer. I’m sure I’ll outlive MB and Marv.
Reply/Quote
I don't have another team. I'm trapped into being a Bengals fan, with or without Lewis.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
I should of added a 3rd option on the poll.

C. I will only watch on TV and will NOT spend a dime on anything Bengals related. **Which is also my stance. I can't even imagine how empty the stadium will be next year if Marvin is brought back.
Reply/Quote
I feel like there needs to be a third option - "It Depends On..." with explanation in the comments.
For me, it's that option. I wouldn't necessarily be done with the Bengals if Lewis is back based on which assistant coaches are hired and which existing Bengals FAs are brought back.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
In a fantasy league with my youngest son and his buddies so that is now my main draw to the NFL.

Let's face facts-the Bengals right now are a joke. They are an embarrassment to the City of Cincinnati.

The way they have played in the second half this year is a joke.

No one takes them seriously except that they are viewed as undisciplined thugs who implode or choke.

If there is no major change- meaning new coach with complete authority, new staff, scouts and indoor facility, this garbage will continue and the team will leave Cincinnati and blame fan apathy and the local governments.

The Brown family has been grossly negligent in their handling of this team. The whole crew would have been fired a long time ago if this was a publically held company

You cannot name another professional team in any sport or any major college team ( or the fan base of any other pro of college team) that would have put up with this garbage.

After the last 25 years why in the world would anyone care about this team any more.
Reply/Quote
Coaching is only one reason among many. Besides, I'm convinced this is Marvin's last year anyway: between the health scare and the grandchildren I think he's ready to walk away or at least take a year or two off. Truth is, IDGAF about the Bengals and haven't since 9/22. That could change, but I'm fairly disgusted at their shitty ways of dealing with players. Chickens are coming home to roost, and I'm happy to see it.
Reply/Quote
No, if MB and a slew of deadbeat coaches have not run me off this will not either.

Plus the Bengals are a connection with me and my father who is watching from the other side.

Albeit through parted fingers in his face palm the last two seasons.

But almost certainly are giving up 2 of my 4 season tickets this year and maybe all 4.

It is getting way too expensive for this kind of entertainment.

Exhibit A, $144 for the Browns game. Really ? FU !

Definitely cutting in half no matter what at this point and may pull out completely and become a TV watcher.

But will still be a fan and follow team, just will not be monetarily invested in tickets or apparel anymore.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Only thing that will make me leave as a fan is if the team is moved to another city.

Then may breath a big sigh of relief as the burden is lifted.

Although never have had a secondary team other than Bengals but now like Vikings as long as Zimmer is there.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote