Poll: If Marvin returns, are you done?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Marvin Lewis is back, are you done with the Bengals?
(12-11-2017, 08:43 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: I've been done since the start of the season and going o fer.

I love the Bengals, but I cannot commit my time and energies to a loser like the 90s.

So many good players and such bad coaching. I feel bad for Gino, Carlos, Green, etc.

The whole staff should go. If anyone things Paul G is the heir apparent, I will vomit on my shirt.

Agree 100% I cringe every time I hear Paul's name mentioned for HC.
Reply/Quote
I wish Marvin would come back, and win the Super Bowl.

1) Because I’d like them to win a Super Bowl.

2) Because it would be a fascinating thing to see how people reacted to it. Would Marvin instantly become a living legend in Cincinnati? Would they erect monuments of Marvin, with a big smirk on his face?
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
I voted yes.

However, i am already "done". After the Playoff 2015, then i actually lost interest as a die hard fan. I still follow Bengals, and check this forum.
But i dont need to watch the game, dont even care about results.

Now we select the best game of the week and watch it. If no good games we take Bengals game, but thats rare.
Reply/Quote
The only way I'd watch if Marvin was back is if he drafted baker Mayfield and started him year 1 or for the first time ever I won't watch.
Reply/Quote
No.. I still enjoy driving a nail through my hand at least a few times a season and Marvin is the next best thing to that..
If the 90's didn't cure us of Bunglitis nothing really can..
It's not AS IF my life will just go to ruin over whatever the Bungles do or don't do..and don't forget..There's always next season and the one after that and the one after that and the one after that and the one after that and the one after that and the one after that ...
The good news is that we all get to eventually die and not have to be Bungle fans anymore.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don’t want him back. I won’t stop watching, but I won’t spend a dime on the team either.

Reply/Quote
I think a lot of people voted 'yes' knowing Marvin won't be back. At least 90% of those yes votes are bs lol. We would find some sort of silver lining in the off season and everyone would start to watch and cheer once again with or without Giggles. Marvin should have been gone a long long long time ago. Why all of the sudden is 2017-2018 the year we're all ready to jump off the bandwagon?

I believe the people who say they won't spend a penny on the Bengals if he's back. I didn't spend one cent this year on them.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 10:20 AM)740Bengal Wrote: As requested on another thread.  Interested to see the results.  My answer is I will always be a fan, but it will be like it has this year, watching emotionless with no hope, no excitement of upcoming games etc,  Marvin has sucked the life out of me when it comes to being an inspired fan.

The Bengals are my team, it just sucks. I feel the same as you, won't give a damn about the team anymore.

No more optimism if Marv and PA are both back. Will not buy any merchandise or go to any Bengal games.

But will still come on here and talk to everyone.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 08:37 AM)Takedown Wrote: I think a lot of people voted 'yes' knowing Marvin won't be back. At least 90% of those yes votes are bs lol. We would find some sort of silver lining in the off season and everyone would start to watch and cheer once again with or without Giggles. Marvin should have been gone a long long long time ago. Why all of the sudden is 2017-2018 the year we're all ready to jump off the bandwagon?

I believe the people who say they won't spend a penny on the Bengals if he's back. I didn't spend one cent this year on them.

Yeah as much as i wanted to vote yes i just couldn't.

It is like a damn disease.

Good thing is i highly doubt Marv is back, highly doubt it.
Reply/Quote
I don't get how anyone can honestly love football and yet not watch football on Sundays just because there team isn't winning. I don't watch them because I want to see a winner I watch them because it is a distraction from my life.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 02:10 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I don't get how anyone can honestly love football and yet not watch football on Sundays just because there team isn't winning. I don't watch them because I want to see a winner I watch them because it is a distraction from my life.

True and if the Bengals are on i watch them over any other team, just cannot help it.

This year i haven't been able to watch any games except the Packers game. That atleast was a good one even if we lost.

With a new HC and an O-line coach that is not inept i expect for a lot more primetime games soon enough.

And i will be watching them.
Reply/Quote
I won't be done with the Bengals. They've been my team since they were born. I'm older than them by a number of years.

The way I look at it at this point is that Mike Brown has never been closer to being gone than he is today. I don't blame Marvin for the front office mess that has been there since the Mike Brown took over. It was a mess before Marvin arrived and it will continue to be a mess while Mike Brown remains in charge.

Just think about it. Marvin is handcuffed with Paul Alexander.

But Marvin doesn't seem to have any inspiration left. Mike Brown has sucked him dry and now he's done.

I'm just hoping that Katie has more balls than her father. Mike Brown learned nothing from his father, obviously. Hopefully Katie will not have learned anything from her father either.

Besides, there's always the Buckeyes if you want a winning program around while the Bengals suck ass.

Reply/Quote
[Image: bye_marvin.jpg]
Reply/Quote