Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Marvin is retained/Hue is hired, we should protest
If either of these two things happen, we as fans should meet up outside PBS and have a non-violent protest against either of these atrocities. We have to take a stand, because clearly Mikey boy will never change unless forced. I don't know if protesting would even do anything, but hopefully there would be media coverage leading to public pressure on Mike Brown to change.

Who's with me??
Reply/Quote
Better yet, just don’t go to the games. Yeah yeah profit sharing blah blah but an empty stadium is hard to ignore.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 02:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Better yet, just don’t go to the games. Yeah yeah profit sharing blah blah but an empty stadium is hard to ignore.

Best way.....because airplanes with tag along banners, billboards, urinal cakes with Son of Paul's face on them, bags on the heads, banners inside the stadium, none of that has worked.  Son of Paul DGAF about ANYTHING but dollars.  It may be small potatoes, but he doesn't want to lose money on concessions, etc.  Boycott is the only thing that may just work.  Nothing else will.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I said in the gameday thread on Sunday, that my prediction is that we fire Marv at the end of the season. Hue is then hired as HC. Hue then turns around and hires the now unemployed Marv as DC.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 02:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: Best way.....because airplanes with tag along banners, billboards, urinal cakes with Son of Paul's face on them, bags on the heads, banners inside the stadium, none of that has worked.  Son of Paul DGAF about ANYTHING but dollars.  It may be small potatoes, but he doesn't want to lose money on concessions, etc.  Boycott is the only thing that may just work.  Nothing else will.

I remember when Radio Host Wildman Walker from WEBN, I believe it was, lived on a Billboard during a Bengal season & would not come down until they won a game.

He was up there for half a season or so, if my memory serves me right. In the cold rain etc.

Didn't seem to matter to Mike one bit. 

Mike was warm & comfy the whole time. Tongue
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 02:47 PM)pally Wrote: I said in the gameday thread on Sunday,  that my prediction is that we fire Marv at the end of the season.  Hue is then hired as HC.  Hue then turns around and hires the now unemployed Marv as DC.

Would not surprise me one bit.....although I'm not sure they'd fire Merv.

(12-11-2018, 02:51 PM)depthchart Wrote: I remember when Radio Host Wildman Walker from WEBN, I believe it was, lived on a Billboard during a Bengal season & would not come down until they won a game.

He was up there for half a season or so, if my memory serves me right. In the cold rain etc.

Didn't seem to matter to Mike one bit. 

Mike was warm & comfy the whole time. Tongue

Ha!  I remember that now that you brought it up.  

Yeah, Mike doesn't give a shit about any of us peons, so long as the toll is paid.

Reply/Quote
Mike on re-signing Marvin last year:

"I think I know that the success and failure in this business isn’t always the head coach. He’s a big part of it but he’s not all of it. I think that’s true when you succeed and when you are maybe a little short of what you want to be. I have come to be a little more patient. Maybe I am not right. There are people who think that way. I’ve put my bet down. We will see how it turns out.”

What are the chances Mike thinks he was wrong? Even if he does, what are the odds that he'll admit it? 

My guess is that he'll look at the 4-1 start this year the same way he looked at the 4-3 finish last year. That start, combined with the injuries will probably be all the excuse Mike needs to keep Marvin another year. 

Man, I hope I'm wrong about that, but I don't have much confidence that any real changes are going to happen.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 02:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: Best way.....because airplanes with tag along banners, billboards, urinal cakes with Son of Paul's face on them, bags on the heads, banners inside the stadium, none of that has worked.  Son of Paul DGAF about ANYTHING but dollars.  It may be small potatoes, but he doesn't want to lose money on concessions, etc.  Boycott is the only thing that may just work.  Nothing else will.

The problem with the Who-Dey Revolution is that 2009 kinda took all the wind out of those sails, so it only lasted 1 year. I don't think it will work, but we as fans should do something to keep the pressure on Mike. Whether it be protest or staying away from PBS. The media certainly won't help, and the NFL won't step in...but fans do have more power than they realize. Money always talks.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 03:10 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Mike on re-signing Marvin last year:

"I think I know that the success and failure in this business isn’t always the head coach. He’s a big part of it but he’s not all of it. I think that’s true when you succeed and when you are maybe a little short of what you want to be. I have come to be a little more patient. Maybe I am not right. There are people who think that way. I’ve put my bet down. We will see how it turns out.”

What are the chances Mike thinks he was wrong? Even if he does, what are the odds that he'll admit it? 

My guess is that he'll look at the 4-1 start this year the same way he looked at the 4-3 finish last year. That start, combined with the injuries will probably be all the excuse Mike needs to keep Marvin another year. 

Man, I hope I'm wrong about that, but I don't have much confidence that any real changes are going to happen.

If there is ANY positive, any way Mike can spin some excuses, he WILL use them. 

He's proven time and time again that his standards are as low as his loyalty is high.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown is a different animal, the more you protest/demand changes the more he digs his heels and won't budge.

Lets face it guys the Bengals organization is highly dysfunctional and it starts with Mike Brown himself.
Reply/Quote

Nail meet hammer ! I can already here the end of the season presser "we were so close, started out four and one, we made the right off season moves and then the injuries set in"

I can honestly say that if either of the things in the OP happen my Bengals fandom will be at an all time low. Enough is enough
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 03:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The problem with the Who-Dey Revolution is that 2009 kinda took all the wind out of those sails, so it only lasted 1 year. I don't think it will work, but we as fans should do something to keep the pressure on Mike. Whether it be protest or staying away from PBS. The media certainly won't help, and the NFL won't step in...but fans do have more power than they realize. Money always talks.

Yep....but I still say boycott is the most likely way to succeed.  

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 03:46 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Nail meet hammer ! I can already here the end of the season presser "we were so close, started out four and one, we made the right off season moves and then the injuries set in"

I can honestly say that if either of the things in the OP happen my Bengals fandom will be at an all time low. Enough is enough

It's going to be one or the other my friend.....you may as well count on that.

Reply/Quote
Until you stop caring and find something else to spend your time on......you're hooked and can't be helped, which is how the Brown family wants you. I just gave up, quit buying season's tickets or anything related to the team, even stopped buying Sunday Ticket. I'll watch part of a game in a "waiting for the train to crash" sort of way. I have to say whatever Mr. Brown and his family have done has cured me. For the rest of you my condolences to you all!
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure it happens (Hiring Hue), especially if they lose out, which at this point is fairly likely.

There will be no need whatsoever to organize a boycott if it does. The stadium is already looking pretty sparse and is overrun with opposing teams' fans. If Marvin comes back or Hue is hired, even more season ticket holders will bail before the first game is even played.

As I've said before, the ownership misplayed their hand last year. I don't think they had any grasp of how bad bringing Marvin back would hurt attendance. Now they do. Maybe the family is dumb enough to make another mis-step and alienate more people willing to spend money on this team. Maybe 2018, sadly, is not rock bottom for them, and we will have to watch PBS become a home-away-from-home game for every team that visits. We'll see.

I'm betting that they aren't this galactically stupid. They might not need the money because of revenue sharing, blah, blah, blah, but not filling the stadium means not selling anything. No tickets, no merchandise, no concessions. They are giving away money if they don't do something to spur fan re-investment. The easiest and most cost-effective way to do this is bringing in a new coaching regime. It's real simple.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 02:29 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: If either of these two things happen, we as fans should meet up outside PBS and have a non-violent protest against either of these atrocities. We have to take a stand, because clearly Mikey boy will never change unless forced. I don't know if protesting would even do anything, but hopefully there would be media coverage leading to public pressure on Mike Brown to change.

Who's with me??

Protest? How about a down right boycott?

Reply/Quote

Yeah, it's sad that Mike Brown ended up being in charge. It's just been one wrong decision after another for the most part of his stent as the owner and GM. He occasionally gets something right, but it's rare and he usually undoes any good with a string of bad decisions that follow up any good ones. I could go on and on with example after example, but I'd just be preaching to choir and you guys already know them all.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 04:42 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Protest? How about a down right boycott?

Protest?  Boycott?

You guys are pusses.

I say we storm the gates with pitchforks and torches.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 04:39 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm not sure it happens (Hiring Hue), especially if they lose out, which at this point is fairly likely.  

There will be no need whatsoever to organize a boycott if it does.  The stadium is already looking pretty sparse and is overrun with opposing teams' fans.  If Marvin comes back or Hue is hired, even more season ticket holders will bail before the first game is even played.  

As I've said before, the ownership misplayed their hand last year.  I don't think they had any grasp of how bad bringing Marvin back would hurt attendance.  Now they do.  Maybe the family is dumb enough to make another mis-step and alienate more people willing to spend money on this team.  Maybe 2018, sadly, is not rock bottom for them, and we will have to watch PBS become a home-away-from-home game for every team that visits.  We'll see.

I'm betting that they aren't this galactically stupid.  They might not need the money because of revenue sharing, blah, blah, blah, but not filling the stadium means not selling anything.  No tickets, no merchandise, no concessions.  They are giving away money if they don't do something to spur fan re-investment.  The easiest and most cost-effective way  to do this is bringing in a new coaching regime.  It's real simple.

You get knocked in the head or something ol' buddy?  You DO remember we are talking about Mike Brown, don't you? LMAO LMAO 

Wink

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 04:39 PM)samhain Wrote: As I've said before, the ownership misplayed their hand last year.  I don't think they had any grasp of how bad bringing Marvin back would hurt attendance.  Now they do. 

Last year was a shocker.  Even for a homer like me.  I couldn't believe it when they resigned Marvin.

When they were making the playoffs every year the Bengals may not have been considered elite, but they had earned some national respect for making the playoffs consistently out of the tough AFCN.  We were not the laughingstock many fans thought we were.  But when they announced they were bringing back Marvin after last season the Bengals moved back into the category of joke material.

Marvin is a better coach than a lot of people give him credit, but after last year he had to go.  Even if his coaching was not that bad, it was stale.
Reply/Quote