Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Marvin is retained/Hue is hired, we should protest
(12-12-2018, 09:31 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: A 80-90% empty stadium on a televised game would ring pretty powerful to the almighty NFL.

It never has before.  The welfare goes on, regardless.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Here's the thing, guys ...

Let's say that ALL the season ticket holders decide to dump their season tickets. MB suffers for a few years, sure, BUT when people want to buy season tickets again, everybody's gotta pay for a new SEAT LICENSE.

60,000 seats at $1000 per pop (I know the average isn't that high but it makes the math easier) is $60 MILLION DOLLARS ... right into MB's pocket. I'd say that's dumb as a fox.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 02:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: Best way.....because airplanes with tag along banners, billboards, urinal cakes with Son of Paul's face on them, bags on the heads, banners inside the stadium, none of that has worked.  Son of Paul DGAF about ANYTHING but dollars.  It may be small potatoes, but he doesn't want to lose money on concessions, etc.  Boycott is the only thing that may just work.  Nothing else will.

Yep, have to boycott anything and everything Cincinnati Bengals...

All of us.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 08:10 PM)McC Wrote: It never has before.  The welfare goes on, regardless.

Just look at last year. Official attendance fell by 10,000 per game, yet the Bengals overall revenue raised from 355m to 359m. 

[Image: 9GMfvJp.jpg?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2018, 12:21 PM)PV Bengal Wrote: Here's the thing, guys ...

Let's say that ALL the season ticket holders decide to dump their season tickets. MB suffers for a few years, sure, BUT when people want to buy season tickets again, everybody's gotta pay for a new SEAT LICENSE.

60,000 seats at $1000 per pop (I know the average isn't that high but it makes the math easier) is $60 MILLION DOLLARS ... right into MB's pocket. I'd say that's dumb as a fox.

Lets say this DOES happen, i think the reason would be the team has turned it around as to being why people
would want to buy tickets and merchandise. I don't care if it goes into his pockets or the Blackburn's, fine with
me. All i want is to see a contender.
Reply/Quote
We were upset when Marvin wasn't fired after 2017 but we were given a new DC to get hopeful about, we traded for an o lineman, and players were coming back from injury.

I know we are even more jaded after this season, but we are an easily pleased fan base.  I think some sort of token move will be made that will mostly appease us.  What choice do we have anyways?

(12-13-2018, 02:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lets say this DOES happen, i think the reason would be the team has turned it around as to being why people
would want to buy tickets and merchandise. I don't care if it goes into his pockets or the Blackburn's, fine with
me. All i want is to see a contender.

Mike Brown has to know the other owners are making more money than him.  Do you really think Robert Kraft, The Rooney clan, and Jerry Jones are going to leave their heirs nothing because they blew so much money on pointless indoor practice facilities, high-priced free agents, SB trophy cases, scouting departments, and free Gatorade and shampoo for the players?

Mike Brown just seems like an obstinate person who insists on doing things his way. I can't be the only person here who can think of people he knows in real life who will dig in their heels and yield on absolutely nothing, can I? There is just nothing I've seen in the past 25+ years to indicate that Mike Brown is unconsciously incompetent and might "snap out of it" one day.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2018, 01:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, have to boycott anything and everything Cincinnati Bengals...

All of us.

Didn't work in the 90s, doubt it will now. Mostly because of the bolded.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I'm just going to go into fan hibernation until everything that was touched by Marv has left the team. I place no blame on the players.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
We need a good old fashioned bra burning at PBS.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2018, 04:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We need a good old fashioned bra burning at PBS.

Here, here!  And they take them off and burn them in person..... Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Honestly, the most effective boycott is the one that started in 2017 and continued through this year.  It's the organic, unforced wave of apathy that surrounds this franchise and makes the stadium a less desirable place to go and spend money.

Even the hype of an organized boycott will give them some degree of public exposure.  They're currently dying a slow death by genuine blah disinterest, because so few people feel like they are worth investing in.
Reply/Quote