Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Mike Brown has ANY BALLS...
...AT ALL, he will fire Marvin. It's bad enough that he is now 2-14 at home versus our main rival, but it's how it continues to happen...complete meltdowns, stupid penalties, poor adjustments, etc, etc.

You've all known me long enough to know that I'm pretty laid back and even-keeled, and don't go off on tangents...but goddamn...enough is enough. I don't understand how Mike could sit there and watch this happen, yet again, and still want to bring Marvin back next year. 

If Marvin is still roaming the sidelines next year...it proves to me, beyond any doubt, that Mike doesn't give a shit about the actual results on the field and that he has no competitive pride at all.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 06:25 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: ...AT ALL, he will fire Marvin. It's bad enough that he is now 2-14 at home versus our main rival, but it's how it continues to happen...complete meltdowns, stupid penalties, poor adjustments, etc, etc.

You've all known me long enough to know that I'm pretty laid back and even-keeled, and don't go off on tangents...but goddamn...enough is enough. I don't understand how Mike could sit there and watch this happen, yet again, and still want to bring Marvin back next year. 

If Marvin is still roaming the sidelines next year...it proves to me, beyond any doubt, that Mike doesn't give a shit about the actual results on the field and that he has no competitive pride at all.

At this point just rename  the damn stadium to Pittsburgh Steelers Stadium .

Mike Brown cares about asses in Seats, nothing more nothing less. Pittsburgh OWNs the Bengals Franchise
Reply/Quote
Marvin will be on the sidelines next year. Be prepared. I'm not happy about it, but it will happen.
Reply/Quote
I'm right there with ya. Problem is Mikey boy has more pride for his checkbook than the product on the field. Oh ya, and the fact he thinks he is actually a competent GM. Just sad.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Call me stupid and naive, but I think Marvin resigns the Monday after the Ravens game. I mean, even he has to see that is is over. His peak as a HC is long in the past.
Reply/Quote
Its unacceptable he will keep Marv on next year with a horrible record against the most hated rival while never winning in the post-season.

Then again, Mike Brown has never and will never be loved let alone liked in Cincinnati. At least Marvin has had some love for a few years.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 06:31 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Call me stupid and naive, but I think Marvin resigns the Monday after the Ravens game.  I mean, even he has to see that is is over.  His peak as a HC is long in the past.

that arrogant ass bastard coach knows he has a job here because no other team would want him as hc!

Reply/Quote
I'm so very fed up with Marvin Lewis and basically this entire coaching staff ! I could go on and on for several pages.

I don't know how I'll ever be able to tune in if Marvin is the HC again next season ?
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis lost control of the Cincinnati Bengals again in the fourth quarter against the Pittsburgh Steelers at home.  This game was lost on the sideline, not on the field.  Why on earth would Marvin and Paul Guenther dial up "two man over the top" zone coverage against Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown?  I'm sorry but you don't do that with a lead unless you know you've won the game.  This game is giving me bad memories and delirium tremens because, except for the injuries, it reminded me of the playoff game on Jan 9, 2006 when the Bengals had the game won, got soft, played stupid, and lost.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 06:25 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: ...AT ALL, he will fire Marvin. It's bad enough that he is now 2-14 at home versus our main rival, but it's how it continues to happen...complete meltdowns, stupid penalties, poor adjustments, etc, etc.

That has been proven years ago my friend, specifically after the 2010 season. Mike's attitude to the fans is, "I'll continue to do it and you'll like it."

and so far he's right. He's still pulling in the bucks...and thats Mike's SB year after year.
Reply/Quote
Get the **** out. Fat Marv. Get the **** out.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 06:31 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Call me stupid and naive, but I think Marvin resigns the Monday after the Ravens game.  I mean, even he has to see that is is over.  His peak as a HC is long in the past.

I will call you neither, as I believe Marvin sees that he's peaked. I also believe that IF he doesn't resign, then he's only in it for the money. Simmons and Urban might be keepers, but the rest of the staff can go too. Clean house - the players deserve better than this.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
This is Marvin's 14th season as head coach. He's been swept by the Steelers 7 times. If you add in the seasons where we lost to the Steelers in the playoffs, then Marvin has a losing record in 9 of his 14 seasons against Pittsburgh. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 06:35 PM)GodFather Wrote: That has been proven years ago my friend, specifically after the 2010 season. Mike's attitude to the fans is, "I'll continue to do it and you'll like it."

and so far he's right. He's still pulling in the bucks...and thats Mike's SB year after year.

Beat me to it. If Marvin is brought back next year, nobody should go to any of the home games. Seriously. You buy tickets and continue to put $ in Mikey Boy's pocket, you are a part of the problem. Stay away from PBS until Marvin is gone. You want change? It's that simple.
Reply/Quote
When will the people calling for Marvin to step down, get fired, etc., get it through their thick skulls that neither is going to happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Has anybody sent Marvin hate mail? Has anybody ever screamed at him to gtfo from the stands? Or grocery stores? Get on his case, locals! Drive him away!

I feel like Marvin is way too comfortable in Cincinnati. He has to be the second most hated man in the city at this point, he should be hearing it everywhere he goes. How can he possibly be comfortable living amongst all the (supposed) hate?
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 06:40 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Beat me to it. If Marvin is brought back next year, nobody should go to any of the home games. Seriously. You buy tickets and continue to put $ in Mikey Boy's pocket, you are a part of the problem. Stay away from PBS until Marvin is gone. You want change? It's that simple.

People won't though. This is the time of the year where the 10-6 or 11-5 hopeful predictions crash. Hell people thought before today we STILL had a chance at the playoffs, what a joke.

So they will biatch and moan and by the next season will think its changed and we can win it all because of that offseason draft choice that will magically change EVERYTHING!  Whatever

...until December/January    ..rinse lather repeat
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 06:42 PM)bjf123 Wrote: When will the people calling for Marvin to step down, get fired, etc., get it through their thick skulls that neither is going to happen?

It could easily happen if the fans stop showing up.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 06:42 PM)bjf123 Wrote: When will the people calling for Marvin to step down, get fired, etc., get it through their thick skulls that neither is going to happen?

In order to hang on we have to have something to look forward to. Only hope this core of good players and us lifelong dedicated fans have is for this pathetic coaching staff to be fired or step down.

We know it's not likely.
Reply/Quote