Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If Mixon can't go
Looks like they will rotate Perine and Evans.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Then Perine better start running North and South more. He hasn't been very impressive yet this season.
Reply/Quote
I want to see more of Evans
Reply/Quote
Give us Captain Cincinnati.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Less Perine is the best plan. Dude is 240+lbs. No reason to not run with more authority at that size. That's heavier than a lot of the modern LBs these days. Just take the Marshawn Lynch approach.

Don't see that in him, though, so I want to see what Evans can do. I still think RBs seeing Bell be really successful in Pittsburgh with that long hesitation and pauses style ruined a bunch of good RBs who tried to imitate that. They didn't realize that it only works because he was behind an OL that was allowed to hold. Without that it doesn't work. I think we're seeing a bit more of Mixon abandoning that and running with more attitude and purpose and it's led to more broken tackles and success.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
He's not as bad as some of you make him out to be. He just needs to get North/South and get going.... hopefully 'Splain, Hopkins and Caramel can open some inside lanes for him and let him eat......

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 02:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He's not as bad as some of you make him out to be. He just needs to get North/South and get going.... hopefully 'Splain, Hopkins and Caramel can open some inside lanes for him and let him eat......

Except Trey Hopkins is not practicing for the 2nd day in a row

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 03:08 PM)pally Wrote: Except Trey Hopkins is not practicing for the 2nd day in a row

Ok, so 'Splain, Thrill and Caramel then....
Reply/Quote
I'd rather take our chances by calling Trayveon up and giving him some touches. He looked good at the end of 2020 when given his shot. I'm not sold yet on Evans as a runner. I'd feel better with a Perine and Trayveon committee. With Evans in as the pass catching rb.

I feel like we aren't quite set at RB depth (we are if Mixon is healthy).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Eh. Just give the rock to Tyler Shelvin and tell him "Charge!"...
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 03:12 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'd rather take our chances by calling Trayveon up and giving him some touches. He looked good at the end of 2020 when given his shot. I'm not sold yet on Evans as a runner. I'd feel better with a Perine and Trayveon committee. With Evans in as the pass catching rb.

I feel like we aren't quiet set at RB depth (we are if Mixon is healthy).

I'm expecting him to be on the game day roster. Like I said in another thread, run him until he breaks again.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 02:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He's not as bad as some of you make him out to be. He just needs to get North/South and get going.... hopefully 'Splain, Hopkins and Caramel can open some inside lanes for him and let him eat......

Well, what I learned from that video is we better be wearing black pants because the only highlight I noticed him wearing white was the first and it was only for about a yard. Any word on uniforms? Bring on the orange jerseys and black pants!! It's our best look anyway.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 03:14 PM)Joelist Wrote: Eh. Just give the rock to Tyler Shelvin and tell him "Charge!"...

That would be fun to watch if he could get a head of steam and a little blocking.[Image: dO89fQF.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 03:40 PM)Mer Wrote: That would fun to watch if he could get a head of steam and a little blocking.[Image: dO89fQF.gif]

Or just use him as a battering ram early on to soften up that defensive line.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Trey Hopkins hasn't practiced for two days straight.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 03:55 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Trey Hopkins hasn't practiced for two days straight.

That stinks. Just like Burrow, Hopkins was looking to be gaining strength and confidence back in his knee. They could just be resting him. If not, next man up.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 03:46 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Or just use him as a battering ram early on to soften up that defensive line.

Yeah but what if he ends up "softening" our OL instead...
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Perine stepped up last year went put into the starting position, I see him doing the same and mixing in Evams more
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 03:38 PM)Mer Wrote: Well, what I learned from that video is we better be wearing black pants because the only highlight I noticed him wearing white was the first and it was only for about a yard. Any word on uniforms? Bring on the orange jerseys and black pants!! It's our best look anyway.

We’re finally wearing our new blacks.

[Image: 0qk1gtem44s71.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 02:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Less Perine is the best plan. Dude is 240+lbs. No reason to not run with more authority at that size. That's heavier than a lot of the modern LBs these days. Just take the Marshawn Lynch approach.

Don't see that in him, though, so I want to see what Evans can do. I still think RBs seeing Bell be really successful in Pittsburgh with that long hesitation and pauses style ruined a bunch of good RBs who tried to imitate that. They didn't realize that it only works because he was behind an OL that was allowed to hold. Without that it doesn't work. I think we're seeing a bit more of Mixon abandoning that and running with more attitude and purpose and it's led to more broken tackles and success.
How have I never seen this clip?  Thank you for bringing this into my life.  Lynch is hilarious.
Reply/Quote