Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Taylor coaches like the Rams' staff
LAR pounded the rock because they have a good O-Line, something the Bengals need to fix over the next two seasons.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 12:16 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I haven’t seen the Rams commit a pre-snap penalty the entire game.

Lets not put a mantle on them they had 100 penalties on season to 113 for us,  less than 1 a game difference we actually caused 10 more penalties than the rams.  
Reply/Quote
I really wish we could get a left tackle like the rams has. Guy is a stud and a leader. If you have a guy like that you give him what he wants.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 12:16 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I haven’t seen the Rams commit a pre-snap penalty the entire game.

Whit fixed their O-line.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 01:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Marvin had a SB ring when he got here, I’m not putting too much stock into whether Taylor does or doesn’t.

Marvin was the "architect" of the greatest defense ever and was already respected in the league. A lot of people thought he was capable of turning around Cincinnati, which he obviously did. His hiring was perceived well back then.

The narrative is already being started that Taylor is only getting looks because he works with McVay. Not saying Taylor getting a ring is do or die for his next chapter, but I think having a ring would help build clout for his new team and command respect easily vs a guy coming in that is an unknown and only has "turned around Jared Goff on his resume".

Bengals will benefit heavily from having a McVay influence in their scheme next year as most of the talent is already in place with Mixon, Gio, AJ, Boyd, Ross. Bringing back one of or both Uzomah & Kroft is important as well.

But as already mentioned Bengals will need to heavily invest in OL or find better solutions. An OL can be elevated based off the scheme too. Rams OL isn't loaded but destroyed that Dallas defense all night.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 12:27 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: If Cowboys win and our next HC is not announced this week? Welcome Back to Cincinnati Bieniemy.

Believe it was already announced that Bienemy is officially not leaving the Chiefs. He’s not an option at this point.
Reply/Quote
Can he bring Rodger Saffold with him as a free agent?
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
If Taylor brings even half of this intensity with him what a breath of fresh air it will be.
https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1084318082951081984?s=19
Reply/Quote
You guys are gettin' me all tingly!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Well whatever they do and whoever actually gets the job it's going to be interesting. There are absolutely zero guarantees that anything at all is going to go the way we hope.
If it's Taylor is the HC he'll be making a HUGE jump with very little to say he can be a successful HC. Coaching the QB is NOT the same thing as coaching an entire team and we as fans will have to decide what we're comfortable with as growing pains. Suppose we only win 6 next year. How about 5, 4 or less? 
Under Lewis this team has been amazingly almost successful.. I'm not sure anyone has ever been so amazingly almost successful as Lewis was..
Amazingly almost successful should be our new team motto.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 08:53 AM)grampahol Wrote: Well whatever they do and whoever actually gets the job it's going to be interesting. There are absolutely zero guarantees that anything at all is going to go the way we hope.
If it's Taylor is the HC he'll be making a HUGE jump with very little to say he can be a successful HC. Coaching the QB is NOT the same thing as coaching an entire team and we as fans will have to decide what we're comfortable with as growing pains. Suppose we only win 6 next year. How about 5, 4 or less? 
Under Lewis this team has been amazingly almost successful.. I'm not sure anyone has ever been so amazingly almost successful as Lewis was..
Amazingly almost successful should be our new team motto.

The Boy Wonder must have given a great interview.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 09:09 AM)Toy Cannon Wrote: The Boy Wonder must have given a great interview.

Or Katie just has the hots for him.. We'll find out soon enough.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 01:29 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: LAR pounded the rock because they have a good O-Line, something the Bengals need to fix over the next two seasons.

Something people need to remember when watching these teams, LA and KC, is that they can assemble all of that talent because they are paying their QB's on rookie deals. As soon as deal #2 hits, both will have to unload to afford them.....
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 10:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Something people need to remember when watching these teams, LA and KC, is that they can assemble all of that talent because they are paying their QB's on rookie deals. As soon as deal #2 hits, both will have to unload to afford them.....

It will be even worse for the Rams sine they are already paying Aaron Danold. They will have a whole lot of their payroll tied up in 2 players

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 08:28 AM)Fullrock Wrote: If Taylor brings even half of this intensity with him what a breath of fresh air it will be.
https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1084318082951081984?s=19

Agree. We need new life. These past few years has beaten us up pretty badly. A new approach and attitude towards winning is going to be fun to watch.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 12:06 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...and they get the ball to Mixin a lot.

You spelled his name wrong. FIFY.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 12:06 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...and they get the ball to Nixon a lot.

Richard?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 10:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Something people need to remember when watching these teams, LA and KC, is that they can assemble all of that talent because they are paying their QB's on rookie deals. As soon as deal #2 hits, both will have to unload to afford them.....

Kroenke will spend whatever he has to, to keep this Team together. He figures he can make it in the back end, by leasing retail space in his stadium/development.

With the Rams and Chargers success this year, LA is greased and primed for the taking.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 12:11 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Kroenke will spend whatever he has to, to keep this Team together. He figures he can make it in the back end, by leasing retail space in his stadium/development.

With the Rams and Chargers success this year, LA is greased and primed for the taking.

This isn't baseball, You realize there's a cap, right?
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 11:56 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: There are parallels between the way Jared Goff and Andy Dalton approach the game as well as between Todd Gurley and Joe Mixon.

This is the main one that jumped out to me. 

Btw, I wonder if the Bengals asked Whit what he thought of Taylor? 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote