Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Taylor coaches like the Rams' staff
(01-13-2019, 01:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Btw, I wonder if the Bengals asked Whit what he thought of Taylor? 

As I watched last night, I was thinking the same thing.

If they didn’t, they should have.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 01:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This is the main one that jumped out to me. 

Btw, I wonder if the Bengals asked Whit what he thought of Taylor? 

I thought the same thing and in my head I like to think they did and he raved about him
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 01:03 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: As I watched last night, I was thinking the same thing.

If they didn’t, they should have.

(01-13-2019, 01:24 PM)bonesaw Wrote: I thought the same thing and in my head I like to think they did and he raved about him

Whit is a Bengals legend and a true leader, plus he had a front row seat.

The Bengals would be fools not to ask Whit, IMO, and I'm sure he would've answered the phone call.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I hope Taylor reprioritizes OL.
Here are the PFF ratings (and rankings) of the Rams starting OL:
Whitworth - 82.7 (5th OT)
Saffold - 73.5 (7th OG)
Sullivan - 51.9 (32nd C...but was much better last year)
Blythe - 71.3 (11th OG)
Havenstein - 84.4 (3rd OT)

It’s worth noting too that Blythe was actually a 7th round pick by the Colts in 2016 and was a waiver claim by the Rams. The Rams sure turned him into something good. They also moved him to guard, which was a smart move. Maybe Taylor will move Price, draft a RT, and put Hopkins (if re-signed) or Westerman at C. And for the left side, swap Boling and Glenn like they were back in college.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 10:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Something people need to remember when watching these teams, LA and KC, is that they can assemble all of that talent because they are paying their QB's on rookie deals. As soon as deal #2 hits, both will have to unload to afford them.....

Sure, but lets also point out that their rookie deal QB's are better than our veteran deal QB, so please compare apples to apples. These teams are both built well overall and we are not. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 01:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Whit is a Bengals legend and a true leader, plus he had a front row seat.

The Bengals would be fools not to ask Whit, IMO, and I'm sure he would've answered the phone call.

I must be in the minority because...if Whit was upset about the 2 Ts the bengals drafted and then didn't give him the same contract that he apparently got from 3 other teams (2?), i doubt he's still buddy buddy with the FO. As well, if i'm in the FO it probably feels a little uncomfortable to me to reach out to him with an opinion on one of his current coaches. 

Now, if a player reached out to him...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The rams act confident. When they called timeout at the 1 yard line and after trying to draw the cowboys offside you thought they were gonna kick the fg. Then they hurried up and got to the line and snapped the ball as soon as they got set no hesitation and scored. They act confident.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 01:32 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Sure, but lets also point out that their rookie deal QB's are better than our veteran deal QB, so please compare apples to apples. These teams are both built well overall and we are not. 

Right, but rookie QB's are a crap shoot... they got lucky and hit. That gives them extra money to pay other players so the entire team is well built. If Goff or Mahommes had faltered and they had to go to another vet, they would not be in this position. Not knocking them, it is what it is. They hit the rookie QB lottery
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 11:51 PM)3wt Wrote: The Bengals will look like a very different team.

They look very well coached tonight. But what really caught my attention was how quickly they got to the line of scrimmage to spike the ball.

Can't remember a team doing that nearly as fast.

Hope that's emblematic of what we can expect with the new coaching regime.

Some of that i am sure rubbed off on Taylor. Should be really fun watching this team morph into something different over the next few years. Just what we needed around here, this should be exciting for everyone, we were the team that needed change more than any other and we have the players to do all kinds of transitions. I want to see how the players respond, especially the ones who have been here a long time. See what they say about the difference.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 02:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Right, but rookie QB's are a crap shoot... they got lucky and hit. That gives them extra money to pay other players so the entire team is well built. If Goff or Mahommes had faltered and they had to go to another vet, they would not be in this position. Not knocking them, it is what it is. They hit the rookie QB lottery

Good teams dont rely on luck like the Bengals. They did their homework and picked the right players, then surrounded them with good coaches and players to give them the best chance to succeed. And they both had back up plans - KC with Smith and Eagles with Foles. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Listening to Ken Broo this morning, I think he said the Rams basically ran 11 plays all night. Of course there are variations off of these plays but they run a "simple" offense and execute perfectly. Throw in the fact they are disciplined and you have a team going to the conference finals.

Would love to see us pound the rock with Mixon next year and simplify what we do. Having a disciplined balanced team would be a great start from what Marvin gave us the last 16 years
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
One thing about Marvin's teams was a lack of discipline and preparedness. Hopefully Taylor fixes that.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 05:29 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Good teams dont rely on luck like the Bengals. They did their homework and picked the right players, then surrounded them with good coaches and players to give them the best chance to succeed. And they both had back up plans - KC with Smith and Eagles with Foles. 

Oh horseshit. They got lucky with their picks. How many top rated QB's have been drafted by teams all across the league by teams who do their homework, and then they don't pan out. Don't act like it's a given that if a team "does it's homework" they can be sure how a QB turns out. That's why Brady went in the late rounds, and other 1st round picks didn't last 2 years....
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 06:23 PM)corpjet Wrote: Listening to Ken Broo this morning, I think he said the Rams basically ran 11 plays all night.  Of course there are variations off of these plays but they run a "simple" offense and execute perfectly. Throw in the fact they are disciplined and you have a team going to the conference finals.

Would love to see us pound the rock with Mixon next year and simplify what we do.  Having a disciplined balanced team would be a great start from what Marvin gave us the last 16 years

It's amazing what a well disciplined offense can execute, when everyone is on the same page and doing their job well.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 12:04 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I just hope Talor likes Daltin.
I think we are a year late getting a QB.  We need to draft someone early this year.....He can sit behind Dalton.

We shouldn't be counting on drafting so early next year.....even this year at 11 will be hard to get a QB

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 05:29 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Good teams dont rely on luck like the Bengals. They did their homework and picked the right players, then surrounded them with good coaches and players to give them the best chance to succeed. And they both had back up plans - KC with Smith and Eagles with Foles. 

It is getting to the point that there are as many trolls on this board as there are actual fans. Who opened the gate to smack talk? And why don’t these people have more to do with their lives than troll around on a bengals board? I guess we should take it as a compliment that they’d rather be here than conversing with their own fanbase.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 09:06 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: It is getting to the point that there are as many trolls on this board as there are actual fans. Who opened the gate to smack talk? And why don’t these people have more to do with their lives than troll around on a bengals board? I guess we should take it as a compliment that they’d rather be here than conversing with their own fanbase.

They love the Bengals but are trying to fight it.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 01:29 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: LAR pounded the rock because they have a good O-Line, something the Bengals need to fix over the next two seasons.

And Whit was a total stud.

But what really stood out to me was that the interior line was so good.  Those were the names I heard over and over, the ones that controlled an excellent Dallas defensive front 7
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 12:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: This isn't baseball, You realize there's a cap, right?

I do Sled. Front loaded contracts with signing bonuses that are spread out over 5-6 years, creates dead money at the back end, but extends the competitive window.

They have already extended Donald, Cooks, Gurley and Havenstein. Peters was optioned.

With $40 mil in cap space, if they want to retain Suh, Brown and Saffold, it can be done.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 11:01 PM)XsandOs Wrote: I do Sled. Front loaded contracts with signing bonuses that are spread out over 5-6 years, creates dead money at the back end, but extends the competitive window.

They have already extended Donald, Cooks, Gurley and Havenstein. Peters was optioned.

With $40 mil in cap space, if they want to retain Suh, Brown and Saffold, it can be done.

And what do you think Goff is going to want?
Reply/Quote