Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If This The End Of The United States?
(01-18-2021, 10:49 PM)Dill Wrote: When you make claims about what I and others have said which appear untrue, I ask you for evidence, examples, quotations.

I didn't say anything specific about what you said, don't be such a narcasscist.  

Quote:When that evidence is not forthcoming, I ask again. "Where has anyone said what you claim they said?"

And I have zero interest in finding specifics for you.  I made the claim, believe it or don't.  I honestly don't care.

Quote:That's when we've arrived at the "hardcore pedantry" you dislike, the "obfuscation," the level you "get nothing out of" and "choose not to engage."

Oh, you mean your condescension.  Yeah, it's annoying.

Quote:Sounds like "meaningful discourse" is still possible, though,

With you, probably not.

Quote:if I don't pressure you to support claims with evidence, examples, quotations.

Hahaha, sure.  I get that you haven't liked me since I called out Islam as a regressive force in the world.  I get that you're a hardcore Islam defender.  I also get that everything you post regarding me is colored by this and I, consequently, don't give it much credence.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 11:54 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I didn't say anything specific about what you said, don't be such a narcasscist.  

And I have zero interest in finding specifics for you.  I made the claim, believe it or don't.  I honestly don't care.

Well the current kerfuffle begins with your post # 51, where you claimed "I was labeled a Trump enabler, or at least dismissive of his danger.  Now the exact same people have usurped that argument, that our foundations are far stronger than Trump's attempts to subvert them.  It's fascinating to observe."  

--Except no one has actually "observed" this fascinating usurpation.

You have indeed been a Trump enabler, "dismissive of his danger," but no one who called you that has now "usurped" your "strong foundations" argument. That claim is an outright falsehood. If you ever really argued that, it was only to dismiss the very real danger everyone but Trump supporters now agree he poses. So you don't get to be "right all along" now that most recognize the danger was really there.
(That would be like the guy in charge of Capitol security on Jan. 6 claiming that his threat assessment was "100% correct" because the Capitol building is still standing.)

When I challenged the truth of your statements, you indeed had "zero interest" in finding any specifics.  That's because there are none that would support this revision of your forum record. Instead you continued revising that record, claiming that I "cried wolf hundreds of times" and "predicted" that Trump would remain in office--obfuscating the challenge for evidence while calling that challenge itself "obfuscation."

You may assert your right to make false claims about positions forum members have taken in the past, and to do so without the "hardcore pedantry" of backing them up. But you absolutely do care whether I and others "believe" your claims. That's why you make and then defend them with personal attacks and myriad red herrings ("semantic argument!" "Islam!" "condescension!").  That part doesn't "bore" you.

(01-18-2021, 11:54 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Oh, you mean your condescension.  Yeah, it's annoying.

Hahaha, sure.  I get that you haven't liked me since I called out Islam as a regressive force in the world.  I get that you're a hardcore Islam defender.  I also get that everything you post regarding me is colored by this and I, consequently, don't give it much credence.  ThumbsUp

About my annoying "condescension"--

Maybe it's not a good idea to share feelings of insecurity on a public forum? You may call me a "faux intellectual" all day and insist that you are indeed capable of answering arguments with arguments but "choose" not to,

yet all that squirming cannot obscure (obfuscate?) the obvious--you are just making negative and false claims about others, and defending your right to make them without support, or accountability.

In what bizarro world does that make ME "intellectually dishonest" for pointing that out?

(01-18-2021, 11:54 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Hahaha, sure.  I get that you haven't liked me since I called out Islam as a regressive force in the world.  I get that you're a hardcore Islam defender.  I also get that everything you post regarding me is colored by this and I, consequently, don't give it much credence.  ThumbsUp

Right wing nationalism, which scapegoats minorities to enable and consolidate autocrats, is a "regressive force in the world," and that includes the U.S.  You are saying my stance on this "colors everything I post" regarding you?

Choose your red herrings carefully.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote