Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If We Go Into the Season with Uzomah and Sample...
If we go into the season we Uzomah and Sample I'm going to lose my shit.

Fwiw, I'm starting to believe we will but I'm just bitching about it ahead of time so I don't accussed of looking for things to complain about, or using hindsight or anything else. And if it matters, I've been beating this drum ever since the middle of last year.

Uzomah is in his last year deal. He carries very little in dead space if he were to be cut. The guy has accomplished virtually nothing in his 6 year career (under 200 yards a seaon, under 1.2 TD's a seaon). And if all that isn't enough to realize we might want to move, he's coming off a torn achilies.

Then you have Drew Sample. Look, I've made my opinion well know on this guy (bum). He has offers nothing in the pass game. He's nowhere near starter level, and he's a middle of the road backup at best.

Would anyone disagree that these two being your top two TE's would mean you have an absolute bottom of the barrell TE group? Does anyone dispute that? These two guys are among the worst duo's you can find at the position.

So one would think, with Uzomah being so easy cut, with us having cap space, and with the position being so below average that we would look to upgrade it, right? I mean, seriously, why would you not?

Well let's take a look at some of the Tight Ends that are already off the board this early in free agency (as far as I know we didn't pursue a single one of them)...

-Hunter Henry
-Jonnu Smith
-Kyle Rudolph
-Gerald Everett
-Jared Cook

Alright, so maybe you think a player or two is too expensive. Maybe one is too old. Maybe you just think a couple of they are overrated. That's all fair, but I think as this list grows it's going to be harder and harder to ignore the opportunity missed.

If we pass on all these guys, if we pass on trying to trade for Evan Engram, if we pass on trying to trade for Ertz, if we don't at least make a play at Gronk, and if we pass on Kyle Pitts, then what the hell are we doing?

There's a lot of things I complain about when it comes to the Bengals. Something like this would be near the top. You can't just completely ignore a position of need when there's this many different options (expensive, middle tier, cheap, trade, draft). There's a lot of different ways we could get better here. Keeping Uzomah and Sample is about the laziest of laziest moves.

I'll wrap it up here. I know that for whatever reason, people are perfectly fine with Uzomah and Sample but I'll never understand why. Uzomah gets cuts on 31/32 teams in this league. So I hope the Bengals surprise me here and make a run at someone giving us a legitimate option at TE.

Please, Bengals.... Please, please, please upgrade your Tight End!
Evan Engram and Kyle Pitts after the Reiff signing is my call.

Maybe then you would quit bitching Wes lol
you know we drafting a 1st round FB
(03-18-2021, 05:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: you know we drafting a 1st round FB

Prolly rolling with what we got, this team doesn't give a fliggidy fluck about TE's
(03-18-2021, 05:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Evan Engram and Kyle Pitts after the Reiff signing is my call.

Maybe then you would quit bitching Wes lol

You know that's never going to happen....
(03-18-2021, 05:37 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: Prolly rolling with what we got, this team doesn't give a fliggidy fluck about TE's

Which is insane of the NFL today. Only Playoff team's value TE's...
(03-18-2021, 06:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You know that's never going to happen....

Agreed our TEs have to be the most underwhelming group in the NFL....add to this our best one of the 2 (Uzi) is recovering from one of the worst injuries you can have as receiver. Dont me going on Sampler platter ...hes a cut or practice squadder on most teams . 
and its a head scratcher since we have young QB that can really hit those mid range throws and a good TE is  agreat weapon to have for that skill set.  
(03-18-2021, 05:12 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: If we go into the season we Uzomah and Sample I'm going to lose my shit.

Fwiw, I'm starting to  believe we will but I'm just bitching about it ahead of time so I don't accussed of looking for things to complain about, or using hindsight or anything else.  And if it matters, I've been beating this drum ever since the middle of last year.

Uzomah is in his last year deal.  He carries very little in dead space if he were to be cut.  The guy has accomplished virtually nothing in his 6 year career (under 200 yards a seaon, under 1.2 TD's a seaon).  And if all that isn't enough to realize we might want to move, he's coming off a torn achilies.

Then you have Drew Sample.  Look, I've made my opinion well know on this guy (bum).  He has offers nothing in the pass game.  He's nowhere near starter level, and he's a middle of the road backup at best.

Would anyone disagree that these two being your top two TE's would mean you have an absolute bottom of the barrell TE group?  Does anyone dispute that?  These two guys are among the worst duo's you can find at the position.

So one would think, with Uzomah being so easy cut, with us having cap space, and with the position being so below average that we would look to upgrade it, right?  I mean, seriously, why would you not?

Well let's take a look at some of the Tight Ends that are already off the board this early in free agency (as far as I know we didn't pursue a single one of them)...

-Hunter Henry
-Jonnu Smith
-Kyle Rudolph
-Gerald Everett
-Jared Cook

Alright, so maybe you think a player or two is too expensive.  Maybe one is too old.  Maybe you just think a couple of they are overrated.  That's all fair, but I think as this list grows it's going to be harder and harder to ignore the opportunity missed.

If we pass on all these guys, if we pass on trying to trade for Evan Engram, if we pass on trying to trade for Ertz, if we don't at least make a play at Gronk, and if we pass on Kyle Pitts, then what the hell are we doing?

There's a lot of things I complain about when it comes to the Bengals.  Something like this would be near the top.  You can't just completely ignore a position of need when there's this many different options (expensive, middle tier, cheap, trade, draft).  There's a lot of different ways we could get better here.  Keeping Uzomah and Sample is about the laziest of laziest moves.

I'll wrap it up here.  I know that for whatever reason, people are perfectly fine with Uzomah and Sample but I'll never understand why.  Uzomah gets cuts on 31/32 teams in this league.  So I hope the Bengals surprise me here and make a run at someone giving us a legitimate option at TE.  

Please, Bengals....  Please, please, please upgrade your Tight End!

This whole FA has been a total WTF is going on? There are some pressing needs and not addressed whatsoever, yes I know we have glaring issues everywhere but running around plugging holes on a leaky boat is only going to go so far. 

So get ready to lose your shit...stay away from the Mexican food or it will be real messy!
Cut Uzomah sign Demetrius Harris and Trey Burton oh and Kenny Golladay and Riley reiff. Then draft sewell, then Basham....then Creed lol
If the Bengals don't upgrade TE this offseason, it's almost assured to happen next offseason.
This is Uzomah's last year and Sample will be in his critical third year of his rookie deal this season.
If neither performs well, you'd really have to think they'll add a TE next offseason.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-18-2021, 06:26 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Cut Uzomah sign Demetrius Harris and Trey Burton oh and Kenny Golladay and Riley reiff.  Then draft sewell, then Basham....then Creed lol

You mean the guy who was undrafted and been in the league for 7 years but only has 799 yards and 9 TDs in 101 games played?
No thanks.

Burton is also really not better than what the Bengals have.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Zac is unaware with all.his supposed football knowledge how much a 3 level TE can affect the offense
Kyle Pitts is a game changer. He can really give this offense j much needed dynamics its lacked
Since 2016.'
Sample and Uzomah just dont create mismatches.
(03-18-2021, 05:12 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Would anyone disagree that these two being your top two TE's would mean you have an absolute bottom of the barrell TE group?  Does anyone dispute that?  

Yeah, I will dispute that.  Despite missing our #1 TE for 14 gaes last year Bengals TEs still had more receptions than TEs from Buffalo, Carolina, Arizona, and the Jets.

(03-18-2021, 05:12 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote:  These two guys are among the worst duo's you can find at the position.

Last year Sample had more receptions (40) than the top TE on 11 other teams.  Uzomah's career best is 43.

(03-18-2021, 05:12 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote:   Uzomah gets cuts on 31/32 teams in this league. 

Total 100% bullshit.  There were only 30 TEs in the entire league who had more than 30 receptions last year.  Only 24 who had more than 400 receiving yards.  In 2018 Uzo had 43 receptions for 439 yards.  If he is healthy this year he not only makes the roster of every NFL team, but he would be the starter on several of them.

You are completely clueless about the level of TE production in the NFL.  You are just so desperate to find something to squeal and cry about that you are making shit up out of thin air.

Would I complain about the Bengals getting an upgrade at TE?  No.  I admit that our TEs are not among the best in the league.  But they are far from the worst and this is one of the most over-the-top ridiculous hater threads I have ever seen.
(03-18-2021, 06:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Would I complain about the Bengals getting an upgrade at TE?  No.  I admit that our TEs are not among the best in the league.  But they are far from the worst and this is one of the most over-the-top ridiculous hater threads I have ever seen.

Bengals have never had an ELITE TE though. I mean Eifert had moments, but never could stay healthy. Who else did they have? Trumpy? who I was 3 when he stopped playing with the Bengals so never saw play (besides tape and highlights).... lol
(03-18-2021, 06:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, I will dispute that.  Despite missing our #1 TE for 14 gaes last year Bengals TEs still had more receptions than TEs from Buffalo, Carolina, Arizona, and the Jets.

Last year Sample had more receptions (40) than the top TE on 11 other teams.  Uzomah's career best is 43.

Total 100% bullshit.  There were only 30 TEs in the entire league who had more than 30 receptions last year.  Only 24 who had more than 400 receiving yards.  In 2018 Uzo had 43 receptions for 439 yards.  If he is healthy this year he not only makes the roster of every NFL team, but he would be the starter on several of them.

You are completely clueless about the level of TE production in the NFL.  You are just so desperate to find something to squeal and cry about that you are making shit up out of thin air.

Would I complain about the Bengals getting an upgrade at TE?  No.  I admit that our TEs are not among the best in the league.  But they are far from the worst and this is one of the most over-the-top ridiculous hater threads I have ever seen.

It's almost as if the more good moves the Bengals make, the more desperate posters become to find something to complain about.
(03-18-2021, 05:12 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: If we go into the season we Uzomah and Sample I'm going to lose my shit.

Fwiw, I'm starting to  believe we will but I'm just bitching about it ahead of time so I don't accussed of looking for things to complain about, or using hindsight or anything else.  And if it matters, I've been beating this drum ever since the middle of last year.

Uzomah is in his last year deal.  He carries very little in dead space if he were to be cut.  The guy has accomplished virtually nothing in his 6 year career (under 200 yards a seaon, under 1.2 TD's a seaon).  And if all that isn't enough to realize we might want to move, he's coming off a torn achilies.

Then you have Drew Sample.  Look, I've made my opinion well know on this guy (bum).  He has offers nothing in the pass game.  He's nowhere near starter level, and he's a middle of the road backup at best.

Would anyone disagree that these two being your top two TE's would mean you have an absolute bottom of the barrell TE group?  Does anyone dispute that?  These two guys are among the worst duo's you can find at the position.

So one would think, with Uzomah being so easy cut, with us having cap space, and with the position being so below average that we would look to upgrade it, right?  I mean, seriously, why would you not?

-Hunter Henry
-Jonnu Smith
-Kyle Rudolph
-Gerald Everett
-Jared Cook

Alright, so maybe you think a player or two is too expensive.  Maybe one is too old.  Maybe you just think a couple of they are overrated.  That's all fair, but I think as this list grows it's going to be harder and harder to ignore the opportunity missed.

There's a lot of things I complain about when it comes to the Bengals.  Something like this would be near the top.  You can't just completely ignore a position of need when there's this many different options (expensive, middle tier, cheap, trade, draft).  There's a lot of different ways we could get better here.  Keeping Uzomah and Sample is about the laziest of laziest moves.

I'll wrap it up here.  I know that for whatever reason, people are perfectly fine with Uzomah and Sample but I'll never understand why.  Uzomah gets cuts on 31/32 teams in this league.  So I hope the Bengals surprise me here and make a run at someone giving us a legitimate option at TE.  

Please, Bengals....  Please, please, please upgrade your Tight End!

I dont think you can totally judge out TEs, Sample in 3rd year, look what Corwy Davis did after dismal start to career, have to give more time for Samole   I also felt Uzomah had been under utilized overall and was hoppy to see increased targets first two games which if had continued through the year he bern in top 7 TEs in stats. With that said I fully expect a TE drafted and will be disappointed if they dont..
(03-18-2021, 06:50 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Bengals have never had an ELITE TE though. I mean Eifert had moments, but never could stay healthy. Who else did they have? Trumpy? who I was 3 when he stopped playing with the Bengals so never saw play (besides tape and highlights).... lol

Dan Ross and Rodney Holman !!!
(03-18-2021, 06:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's almost as if the more good moves the Bengals make, the more desperate posters become to find something to complain about.

Of course Wes's OP was over the top but it would be nice to get a top tier TE while upgrading the O-line.
(03-18-2021, 07:00 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Dan Ross and Rodney Holman !!!

Tony McGee was pretty good too, by todays standards none of them were elite though, for their time those guys were very good though.
(03-18-2021, 07:04 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Tony McGee was pretty good too, by todays standards none of them were elite though, for their time those guys were very good though.

Still, that is a long time in between McGee and Eifert.

Eifert only had one elite season too. I want us to make the Reiff signing official so Pitts is a possibility.