Which position?

Cornerback
Interior O-Line
Defensive End
Defensive Tackle
Weapon (WR/TE/RB)
Linebacker

Share your thoughts. Personally I’m team “sign one more starting corner.”
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
CB
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:14 PM)BuildTheWall Wrote: Which position?

Cornerback
Interior O-Line
Defensive End
Defensive Tackle
Weapon (WR/TE/RB)
Linebacker

Can we? I'm not a cap person, but I have to think we are up against the wall now.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:22 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Can we? I'm not a cap person, but I have to think we are up against the wall now.

Always room if the FO gets creative enough.
Reply/Quote
I would love to see us sign Jarvis Landry to do returns. May be too much just for that but I’m sure we can find room for him. He’s durable, still has the speed with good hands. Let’s do it!!!
Reply/Quote
Gilmore. If we can swing him somehow I don’t know what to do
Reply/Quote
CB and I think that’s the only spot the FO will consider spending $10+ mil a year for.

And yes it can be done, we can sign a guy like Gilmore with the cap we have but it will be close. Based on year one caps we could sign him and Spain if he comes cheap and be right up against it.

Won’t be upset if we don’t, but it would be nice to see them really push the envelope this season as it’s our best shot to put the best team together. Soon we’ll have huge extensions to pay out. Even if it’s a one year deal to keep the cap space for burrow next year it would be nice to see them add one more difference maker for 2022.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:14 PM)BuildTheWall Wrote: Which position?

Cornerback
Interior O-Line
Defensive End
Defensive Tackle
Weapon (WR/TE/RB)
Linebacker

CB

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I'm gonna go with Gilmore and hope this tramayne guy knows something.
Reply/Quote
I'd take another pass rusher. Someone to give Hendrickson and Hubbard a chance to rotate out. A Jerry Hughes type.
Reply/Quote
Man thats a tough one. If you go get Tretter and move Karras out to LG, you could spend your whole draft getting defensive line help and depth everywhere. Last year’s offensive line draftees could sit a year and all be back ups. Let them develop.

On the other hand, we COULD use a corner. Cut Waynes, go after Gilmore? Look for a decent two-for-that-price pickups like we did with Awuzie and Hilton? Apple played well down the stretch and got a new prove it deal, I am fine with him as CB2 if we plan on drafting competition there. All CBs get beat from time to time, the Apple hate is ridiculous to me.

Our defense doesn’t rely on LBs enough for me to go after Wagner. I like him, he’s a helluva player. But we have Wilson and Pratt, and some decent backups for those two already in place. How many years of elite LB play does Wagner have left to sacrifice Pratt or Wilson’s snaps?

Long story short..IOL if its Tretter, CB if its Gilmore with Waynes getting his off-season hunting permit.
Reply/Quote
CB or edge rusher definitely. Which ever better one we can get.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:44 PM)samhain Wrote: I'd take another pass rusher.  Someone to give Hendrickson and Hubbard a chance to rotate out.  A Jerry Hughes type.

Yeah it would make sense to get a DE or hybrid type that is proven. I know we assume Ossai will improve the rush but to be safe they could use another body there.  Been a few days since the Jerran Reed visit.  
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:22 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Can we? I'm not a cap person, but I have to think we are up against the wall now.
I believe after signing Collins and cutting Waynes there is still room for one more big signing. Could restructure but I don’t see the FO doing that.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
Sign Tretter at C, kick Karras back to G. Win a Super Bowl.

(Low key secondary choice: I wouldn't hate a Bobby Wagner signing to pair with Wilson.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
As much as I would love to see the offense get Tretter, I would say the last big free agent signing should be CB but only if it is Gilmore. None of the other options at CB would have the impact as Gilmore. I also think adding Gilmore to the team would help more than Tretter..
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 09:01 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: As much as I would love to see the offense get Tretter,  I would say the last big free agent signing should be CB but only if it is Gilmore.  None of the other options at CB would have the impact as Gilmore.   I also think adding Gilmore to the team would help more than Tretter..

It's pass rush or CB.  I don't see them starting a rookie CB on day 1, even if they do take one at 31.  Only problem is money with Gilmore.  He's going to get a good chunk.  I'd look for a capable vet place holder like Peterson or Haden to sign for a season and give a draft pick time to develop.
Reply/Quote
Pass rusher for me
Reply/Quote
I’m still concerned about the LG position.Need to have a proven veteran there.At least average or above.As long as they address this LG position seriously,then I could care less about these other so called needs.The fact is,if we go into next season with a really good OL,everyone knows that this team could be scary good.

Do you realize Joe Burrow was the most sacked QB in the league,and still made it to the Playoffs.Also most sacks ever in postseason play,and still made it to the Super Bowl.Now,if you place a stud OL in front of him and Mixon?
Reply/Quote
If its not Gilmore, which I doubt it would be, just work on getting quality backups. Depth at oline & dline of course would be welcome. Maybe a RB that has a good chance of beating out Perine & Evans for that second spot. Heck if Gronk wants to come here for cheap, definitely love to have him.

At this point, imo, it should be about filling the minor needs to strengthen the roster overall.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote