Poll: If they Beat the Titans , Who Do You Think the Bengals Would Stand the Best Chance of Beating?
This poll is closed.
Chiefs
37.50%
6 37.50%
Bills
62.50%
10 62.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If We Win On Saturday... Who Do We Want Next?
The Chiefs or the Bills ? This time of year it's really  about matchups. Most of you guys know football matchups better than I do. Who do we match up better against--- KC or Buffalo?

If you don't mind, some of you give me a bit of an analysis of why you think we pair up better against one team vs the other.  I usually just go by gut feeling and I really dread Arrowhead and having to beat the Chiefs for a second time.  Buffalo is really good as well but for some reason I feel a little bit better going to Buffalo than KC.  Maybe some of you can change my mind. I mean,  Pittsburgh went to Buffalo and won(first game of the season) and the Bills kinda struggled with the Jets at home the last game of the season with playoff seeding on the line.

Who should we be hoping wins the Chiefs-Bills game and why?
Reply/Quote
Bills for 2 reasons
It’s tough to beat a good team twice
We were built to stop Lamar. I feel that Allen is a similar type matchup.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not sure it really matters a ton. Either way you're going to have to play a great QB with a good defense.

I guess not Buffalo because it could be like -30 degrees?

Other than that, I think it'll just be a tough game that the Bengals would have to play a complete game to beat either.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I would say bring it on to either. Buffalo is so damn hot right now. But ... I do think Josh Allen still has bad games where he turns the ball over 4 times. When he's in it's scary though. If I had to I guess I'd pick Buffalo for that reason.
Reply/Quote
If we actually make it to the AFC Championship Game I will be so giddy that I dont think I would care at that point. But I have to agee with the above thayt it will be hard to beat Mahomes and KC twice especially at Arrowhead. I like our chances VS Bills, we almost beat them last yr with our banged up team
Reply/Quote
When we win Saturday, we'll have to take on whoever.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Doesn't matter. We are undefeated when it comes to the Conference Championship.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I don’t think it matters much. Both great teams.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 07:38 PM)Science Friction Wrote: The Chiefs or the Bills ? This time of year it's really  about matchups. Most of you guys know football matchups better than I do. Who do we match up better against--- KC or Buffalo?

If you don't mind, some of you give me a bit of an analysis of why you think we pair up better against one team vs the other.  I usually just go by gut feeling and I really dread Arrowhead and having to beat the Chiefs for a second time.  Buffalo is really good as well but for some reason I feel a little bit better going to Buffalo than KC.  Maybe some of you can change my mind. I mean,  Pittsburgh went to Buffalo and won(first game of the season) and the Bills kinda struggled with the Jets at home the last game of the season with playoff seeding on the line.

Hoping for the Bills and think they will win, problem is I think they are tougher than the Chiefs right now and it is damn cold in 
Buffalo this time of year. But to be the best you have to beat the best. Also it is tough to beat a good team like the Chiefs twice
in the same season and it will be tougher in Arrowhead than in our place if that is who we play. Still think we can beat them
cause Burrow has already played them and we will start out faster the next time around.

Anyways, hoping for Bills and think that is who is going to be playing in the AFC Championship, hope we are there. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 07:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not sure it really matters a ton. Either way you're going to have to play a great QB with a good defense.

I guess not Buffalo because it could be like -30 degrees?

Other than that, I think it'll just be a tough game that the Bengals would have to play a complete game to beat either.

This. Both fantastic teams, but the weather in Buffalo could be brutal.

That said, KC is very experienced in the AFC championship round, while Buffalo is not.

(01-20-2022, 07:59 PM)kalibengal Wrote: If we actually make it to the AFC Championship Game I will be so giddy that I dont think I would care at that point. But I have to agee with the above thayt it will be hard to beat Mahomes and KC twice especially at Arrowhead. I like our chances VS Bills, we almost beat them last yr with our banged up team

...and this. I doubt I'll care much who we face.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 07:38 PM)Science Friction Wrote: The Chiefs or the Bills ? This time of year it's really  about matchups. Most of you guys know football matchups better than I do. Who do we match up better against--- KC or Buffalo?

Too early for this thread. 
Reply/Quote
I'd prefer the Bills for three reasons:

1. First, in terms of the game, I think the Bills are a little more hot and cold than the Chiefs are. Since their early game slump, the Chiefs have been consistently good. The Bills have been up and down, much like us, throughout the season. They go as their QB goes. He's their top running threat and their entire passing offense. He's had a 3 interception game as recently as this month against the Falcons, followed it up with a 53% completion percentage game against the Jets and then he had the 5 TD game against the Patriots. The best case scenario would be they run super hot to beat the Chiefs and then run cold to lose to the Bengals.

2. Second, I really don't want a third consecutive year of the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. The sooner they are beat, the better.

3. Third, I love the Bills. Not only are they a small market team like us, but they're a chronically downtrodden team with a dedicated fan base with a passion for their team. The whole Andy Dalton thing was incredible and I gained so much respect for that fan base. They have continued doing things like that too, sometimes to comical effect. They donated over $20,000 to a visually impaired charity just to tell refs that they're blind. Love those fans.
Reply/Quote
If Bengals win I really don't care because we will have to beat a good team either way to get to SB.

Going other direction if forced to choose and would want KC. For one the first game was an incredibly fun game to watch, Bengals should have picked off Mahomes twice even and did slow him way down in second half.

Plus think Buffalo has a better defense even if KC is ranked just above them on ESPN.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
While we're engaging in self-indulgent look-aheads (and I am on board, we can do whatever we want), let's consider:

If this team were to beat either the Chiefs or Bills to get to the Super Bowl, are you betting against them against any NFC team?
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 08:26 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: While we're engaging in self-indulgent look-aheads (and I am on board, we can do whatever we want), let's consider:

If this team were to beat either the Chiefs or Bills to get to the Super Bowl, are you betting against them against any NFC team?

Packers with McPherson to win it at the gun to avenge his bad game.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 08:20 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'd prefer the Bills for three reasons:

1. First, in terms of the game, I think the Bills are a little more hot and cold than the Chiefs are. Since their early game slump, the Chiefs have been consistently good. The Bills have been up and down, much like us, throughout the season. They go as their QB goes. He's their top running threat and their entire passing offense. He's had a 3 interception game as recently as this month against the Falcons, followed it up with a 53% completion percentage game against the Jets and then he had the 5 TD game against the Patriots. The best case scenario would be they run super hot to beat the Chiefs and then run cold to lose to the Bengals.

2. Second, I really don't want a third consecutive year of the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. The sooner they are beat, the better.

3. Third, I love the Bills. Not only are they a small market team like us, but they're a chronically downtrodden team with a dedicated fan base with a passion for their team. The whole Andy Dalton thing was incredible and I gained so much respect for that fan base. They have continued doing things like that too, sometimes to comical effect. They donated over $20,000 to a visually impaired charity just to tell refs that they're blind. Love those fans.

Your third reason is my biggest.  I'd honestly love to see those two teams in the AFC Championship games.  Two fanbases that would be excited and live in the moment.  And honestly I just think it would be a good game.  If the Bengals were to lose this weekend, I'd be cheering for the Bills the rest of the way.  Thankfully we won't have to worry about that  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 08:20 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'd prefer the Bills for three reasons:

Completely agree about loving the Bills, they are my second favorite team and have been since Dalton and Boyd got them
into the Playoffs when we beat the Ravens that time. That is definitely the good part of New York, great fans they deserve a
SB almost as much as us. Ninja
Reply/Quote
I want the Bills. It guarantees KC won't go to a 3rd straight Super Bowl
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 08:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I want the Bills. It guarantees KC won't go to a 3rd straight Super Bowl

Yeah, I don't really like the Chiefs anymore after visiting their Board before and after we played them.

Too bad, I liked them before that.
Reply/Quote
Bills.

Might be an unpopular reason but because I'd rather they have a shot at the SB then anyone else left on the board.

Obviously I want us to win but I'd rather lose to them than KC and risk another KC TB SB.
Reply/Quote