Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If You Purchased A Hands Free Car Do You Trust It? Then why Zac
Tiger

Its really a great parallel because he hadn't done anything before last season. So how long does the pass last when you were ready to run him out of town the year before.What will you say if he struggles in the first six games this season. What if he struggles.... What will you say?Now You cant go back after saying...
https://youtu.be/poA3tGqInrs
Reply/Quote
Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I am so tired of your dumb and meaningless posts. Welcome to ignore.
Reply/Quote
So you think a person that that purchases a self-driving vehicle also doesn't trust the self-driving vehicle? Why wouldn't a person that doesn't trust such a contraption just buy a conventional car? I don't follow the logic of this highly flawed, ill-conceived, and self-congratulatory analogy.

If you pay for a steak at a restaurant, do feel safe eating steak?
Reply/Quote
why RU steel hear
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
[Image: good-evening-this-is-now-a-spider-man-thread.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 11:55 PM)Stewy Wrote: I am so tired of your dumb and meaningless posts.  Welcome to ignore.

Tiger
Hi Stewy
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2022, 12:05 AM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger
Hi Stewy

[Image: 44e10aa9b162763c8c58e98e9fdc376f--spider...ughing.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Tiger

I mean what was wrong with the post? You don't know how Zac will perform after a SB season. I'd say 80 % of you didn't like him before his run. So why would I be wrong to question it now.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2022, 12:14 AM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

I mean what was wrong with the post? You don't know how Zac will perform after a SB season.  I'd say 80 % of you didn't like him before his run.  So why would I be wrong to question it now.

[Image: Spiderman_uh_i_mean_deadpool_thread_anyo...7jkp3q.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Tiger

All jokes aside this was a forum that I stayed away from in the past. The draft is what I love and its what Im passionate about. There are too many people over here that just take things out of contexts. So with this being an absolute nothing post Im going to bow out. If while I was here I bothered anyone or said the wrong things I truly apologize.
Thanks
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 11:48 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Its really a great parallel because he hadn't done anything before last season. So how long does the pass last when you were ready to run him out of town the year before.What will you say if he struggles in the first six games this season. What if he struggles.... What will you say?Now You cant go back after saying...

It depends what struggles means. If he’s 3-3 and their aren’t any major injuries then he’s the head coach and gets the blame. But what if he goes 6-0? Will you scamper to the Steelers board in shame or will you admit what we already know about you?
Reply/Quote
Lord have mercy...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

(06-11-2022, 12:14 AM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

I mean what was wrong with the post? You don't know how Zac will perform after a SB season.  I'd say 80 % of you didn't like him before his run.  So why would I be wrong to question it now.

It's a horrible parallel, that's what's wrong with it.

Here's why...

1: I don't care if he struggles. I'm not of the opinion ZT "got lucky". ZT out coached some great coaches and got his players to overcome a TON of adversity in HUGE games as well as buy into what his vision was and how he wanted to do it.

So, unless ZT has a 180 degree change - which, given his interviews doesn't seem like it, I won't be jumping on his back trying to choke him out of town because he has a bad 6 games or a bad season or whatever. I understand his vision and see what he's capable of.... SO SHOULD YOU

2: The "He hadn't done anything" argument is idiotic. If that is on your mind, you're an idiot. Not a smart human. Why? BECAUSE NOW HE HAS DONE SOMETHING. Since the first playoff win the "He hasn't done anything" crowd can go choke on a rooster. That sentiment and mindset was over the moment Pratt INT that ball. Hell, IMO, once he made the playoffs that should have been over.

ZT in 3 seasons blew so far past what the previous coach was able to do in 16 seasons it is comical to even talk about. THAT is why ZT is allowed to not get crapped on. "A pass"???? ... Hell, he should get 10 passes - until this group's window, which is WIDE WIDE open for years to come - is shut.

To be worried about this coaching staff between the time they beat the Raiders alllllll the way up to today = slow brained. Anyone on that mental path has problems and I would guess is in the bottom charts for IQ. When they beat KC in Cincy to make the playoffs, I understood the shadow of Marvin still loomed and the few "yeah, but..." people still clinging to 2019 ZT. But after the Raiders win? F anyone who thinks that.

Anyone who thinks that shouldn't be allowed to post here because their thoughts are too stupid and there shouldn't even be a CHANCE anyone should be able to even happen upon them here.

3: It's not a "pass".... In 3 seasons ZT: Gutted the trash roster he was handed, worked with the FO to completely remake the roster with the exception of less than a handful of guys, and took the 5th youngest team in the league to the Superbowl after being handed the 5th toughest schedule (to start the season) while winning the toughest division in the league.... and a wicked playoff draw... and a QB coming off a blown out knee.... 

^ And after allll of that, you think he's getting "a pass"? WTF? For what? Losing with a shitty roster in 2019? Who the F cares about the 2019 Cincinnati Bengals? It's 2022 and ZT just helmed this ship to THE SUPERBOWL.

- 80% of the fans thought ZT sucked just means that 80% of the fans were wrong. BTW, he did struggle with some things at first and will probably continue to do so. But, HE LEARNED. HE CHANGED. HE GOT BETTER and (through his own work) GOT BETTER PLAYERS ON THE ROSTER.

4th and finally: ZT and an autonomous car aren't the same type of working thing, and the analogy sucks because you CAN take over and control an autonomous car. You can shut it off completely or shut off the autonomous driving feature and take over control. It was programmed by humans and can only "learn" to the ability other humans allow it to. Humans can reprogram it. Your analogy wants to ignore the fact that you CAN control the machine, but you CANNOT in any way actually control ZT.

And, why would you want to? ZT is a human being and adapts much faster than an autonomous car. Fans cannot control him. If ZT makes a mistake, no one dies. ZT making a mistake isn't going to injure you or any fans. ZT is entertaining us and should be allowed to do so without butt-F'ing morons worrying about 2019 after he JUST TOOK THE BENGALS TO THE SUPERBOWL.

Whomever disagrees with the above should go toss back a dosage of whatever meds they skipped and, when they take hold, they'll snap out of their haze to realize that literally everything I just wrote above is right thinking.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2022, 12:21 AM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

All jokes aside this was a forum that I stayed away from in the past. The draft is what I love and its what Im passionate about. There are too many people over here that just take things out of contexts. So with this being an absolute nothing post Im going to bow out. If while I was here I bothered anyone or said the wrong things I truly apologize.
Thanks

Please, someone post the "Well.... bye" gif from Tombstone.

I am thrilled with disagreements and different ideas or opinions being shared and discussed. Unless someone's actually, truly dumb. Then... nahhhhhh.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2022, 09:16 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Please, someone post the "Well.... bye" gif from Tombstone.

I am thrilled with disagreements and different ideas or opinions being shared and discussed. Unless someone's actually, truly dumb. Then... nahhhhhh.

[Image: 21b.jpg]
Reply/Quote

As I've said many times before, he started doing things as soon as he got here and started bringing in the type of players and coaches we now have. Yes, his record was pretty abysmal the first two years, but Burrow was a brand new QB, then got hurt, and we had a lot of close games get past us. If you look at the win/loss record from the time Vonn Bell hit JSS forward, it is pretty impressive. He got to the Super Bowl in his 3rd season of coaching, and has shown he learns on the job as well as the players. I was never ready to run him out of town, last year was his make or break season for me and I said he needed 9-10 wins. He accomplished that and more. So no, if he struggles this year, I am not going to be ready to run him out of town. Right now he is one of 3 Bengals coaches to make it to the Super Bowl, I think that gives him a little grace. 
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2022, 11:12 AM)Sled21 Wrote: As I've said many times before, he started doing things as soon as he got here and started bringing in the type of players and coaches we now have. Yes, his record was pretty abysmal the first two years, but Burrow was a brand new QB, then got hurt, and we had a lot of close games get past us. If you look at the win/loss record from the time Vonn Bell hit JSS forward, it is pretty impressive. He got to the Super Bowl in his 3rd season of coaching, and has shown he learns on the job as well as the players. I was never ready to run him out of town, last year was his make or break season for me and I said he needed 9-10 wins. He accomplished that and more. So no, if he struggles this year, I am not going to be ready to run him out of town. Right now he is one of 3 Bengals coaches to make it to the Super Bowl, I think that gives him a little grace. 

Don't you know people aren't allowed to start liking a coach when he starts winning, even though he lost a lot before? 

Once you've complained about a coach, you're all in. You can't change your opinion or start rooting differently than you did when he first started out. 

If you start doing something like that...well, i don't even want to tell you what happens. 

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2022, 12:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Don't you know people aren't allowed to start liking a coach when he starts winning, even though he lost a lot before? 

Once you've complained about a coach, you're all in. You can't change your opinion or start rooting differently than you did when he first started out. 

If you start doing something like that...well, i don't even want to tell you what happens. 

Same thing happens with players all the time.  If a fan does not like him when he is first drafted then it takes a lot of good play to change a mind.

When we first hired Zac I was not impressed because he did not have much of a resume and brought in a questionable staff who also lacked prior success.   But even after two of the worst seasons ever to begin a coaching career I argued that he deserved another year because of all the injuries we had in 2020.  I gave him a fair chance.

However I still am not 100% sold on him as a head coach.  Despite making it to the Super Bowl the Bengals were far from a dominant team last year.  The people in this thread who said "I don't care if he struggles" are just as bad as the people who wanted him fired after his first two seasons.  Taylor has everything he needs to win it all this year, and I honestly don't expect him to "struggle".  But if he does I don't give a shit how much the players/fans coo about "culture".  Zac has to win games.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2022, 01:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Same thing happens with players all the time.  If a fan does not like him when he is first drafted then it takes a lot of good play to change a mind.

When we first hired Zac I was not impressed because he did not have much of a resume and brought in a questionable staff who also lacked prior success.   But even after two of the worst seasons ever to begin a coaching career I argued that he deserved another year because of all the injuries we had in 2020.  I gave him a fair chance.

However I still am not 100% sold on him as a head coach.  Despite making it to the Super Bowl the Bengals were far from a dominant team last year.  The people in this thread who said "I don't care if he struggles" are just as bad as the people who wanted him fired after his first two seasons.  Taylor has everything he needs to win it all this year, and I honestly don't expect him to "struggle".  But if he does I don't give a shit how much the players/fans coo about "culture".  Zac has to win games.

He wooed me with his words before the hire, kind of like he did with the Bengals FO. That first year i was screaming from the rooftops to run him out of town on a rail. I was obviously too impatient. The second year, with Burrow, i wasn't as vocal but i still wasn't convinced he could get the job done. During year three, it was apparent he had a plan in place and was building something. 

He's seems to be a good builder and planner. The question still remains how he does once the ball is kicked off, during the next 60 minutes. The hope is that he continues to learn on the job and becomes a better game manager/play caller. Situational football is all the rage and he's behind the better coaches in the game in this regard. The talent makes up for some of his shortcomings but i think he helped lose a couple games last year due to his playcalling and/or inability to put the best players in the best situations in key times. 

Reply/Quote