Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If You Were The GM Would You Take This Deal?
Your the GM for the Bengals and make 100% of the decisions. Would you take this deal with the Panthers in the upcoming draft?

Bengals Get

4 First Round Picks (2020,21,22,23)
2020 2nd round pick
2020 3rd round pick
Cam Newton- QB

Panthers Get

#1 Pick (Joe Burrow)

Would you make this deal happen or pass?
Reply/Quote
Yes, I’d take 3 new firsts and a 2nd and third to move from 1 to 7. I’m not a fan and don’t think Cam is our answer but I’d take a year with him and draft Tua at 7 if he falls or wait until next year to take fields/Lawrence and build up the rest of the team this draft
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes, Cam if healthy has shown he can play at a high level and succeed in the playoffs (I know he is hurt, hence the if healthy) but with all those picks you could really rebuild the team quickly.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Yes I would take that deal.
Then I would try to trade up in the top 5 from 7 and draft
Justin Herbert.
With all.those extra picks I can finish rebuilding
The oline. I can overhaul the LBers.
Now in free agency I can sign a impact free agent
Or 2 for big coin
Reply/Quote
I've always been a trade down guy, but I think I'm good on this one. We've waited to be in the catbird seat for a QB like this. Those picks could end up being late in the draft in the future if Burrow becomes a star.

I'm staying at 1. Which blows my own mind. Lol.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
No

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 12:59 PM)GodFather Wrote: Your the GM for the Bengals and make 100% of the decisions. Would you take this deal with the Panthers in the upcoming draft?

Bengals Get

2020 2nd round pick
2020 3rd round pick
Cam Newton- QB

Panthers Get

#1 Pick (Joe Burrow)

Do I get to work out Cam Newton and see if he can pass a physical first?
Reply/Quote
Yes I’d take that deal
Reply/Quote
No because the Bengals would probably end up trading some of those picks to move up and draft another QB in a year or two unless they had another terrible season earning a top pick. That kind of defeats the purpose. The Bengals have several positions of need, among those are QB. So you take the best player at a position of need. There is so far the best QB via the draft available this year since Luck. Take it. If other teams are willing to give up that many draft picks for Burrow that should tell you something. Cam Newton would just be a stop gap and that's even if he is healthy enough to play.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
What if Carolina chooses a LB with that #1 pick and Burrows suddenly drops because of speculation something was wrong with him and was not drafted at #5. Carolina makes trades to get the #6 pick and then calls us to see if we want to trade up for their spot in the draft while Burrow is still on the board. Their condition is giving back all their draft picks back (and a punt returner), do we still grab at the chance to get Burrow?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 06:16 PM)Interceptor Wrote: What if Carolina chooses a LB with that #1 pick and Burrows suddenly drops because of speculation something was wrong with him and was not drafted at #5. Carolina makes trades to get the #6 pick and then calls us to see if we want to trade up for their spot in the draft while Burrow is still on the board. Their condition is giving back all their draft picks back (and a punt returner), do we still grab at the chance to get Burrow?

I don't think there is a LB graded as a potential #1 pick or even in the top 5.  And it is Burrow not Burrows.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 06:07 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: No because the Bengals would probably end up trading some of those picks to move up and draft another QB in a year or two unless they had another terrible season earning a top pick. That kind of defeats the purpose. The Bengals have several positions of need, among those are QB. So you take the best player at a position of need. There is so far the best QB via the draft available this year since Luck. Take it. If other teams are willing to give up that many draft picks for Burrow that should tell you something. Cam Newton would just be a stop gap and that's even if he is healthy enough to play.

Bingo. Kid is special. I’m not trading him for a bunch of picks we’ll turn into more Drew Sample’s...

We have a chance to get our Mahomes or Rodgers. Those teams wouldn’t trade their QB’s for anything.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 12:59 PM)GodFather Wrote: Would you make this deal happen or pass?

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 12:59 PM)GodFather Wrote: Your the GM for the Bengals and make 100% of the decisions. Would you take this deal with the Panthers in the upcoming draft?

Bengals Get

2020 2nd round pick
2020 3rd round pick
Cam Newton- QB

Panthers Get

#1 Pick (Joe Burrow)

I'd take that. 

Not that Carolina would offer that in a million years. 

But I'd take it.
Reply/Quote
There arent very many franchise QBs in the nfl, and when you have one you dont let him go and you build around him. You cant put a pricetag on a player like that. Burrow can bust like any other player in the draft but I'd put money on building around him and winning a lot of games.
Reply/Quote
Is a Herbert a franchise QB?
Reply/Quote
No, not a chance I would take that deal.

IF Burrow is that good, those 1st rounders are all going to be in the 20s. That's not enough of a haul to move back. And there's no way in hell I'd want Cam here..
Reply/Quote
In a heartbeat. I’m all about Burrow. But adding a 2nd and 3rd this year and only moving back to 7 then having two first round picks for the next 3 years. Too much to pass up. Add in a QB who if healthy is really good...

Passing up something like that would be like passing on that Ditka deal but worse
Reply/Quote
Nope. Seen too many #1 picks amount to nothing. If the Bengals pass on Burrow, they are fools
Reply/Quote
I feel crazy for saying it, but no.

4 first round picks over 4 years is not as amazing as I think it may sound in regards to accelerating a rebuild. Especially when that team is about to have Joe Freaking Burrow. Those picks are likely in the 20s and 30s for the latter half (or 3/4s) of those picks.

Sure, he may bust and then we end up getting some top 10 picks, but how many here are willing to bet on Burrow busting? Especially when he has Joe Brady calling his plays?

The only way I trade Burrow is for picks that are in the next 2 years with an emphasis on this year, because the picks for 2021 and beyond are unpredictable.

That means the only 4 first round pick set I'd consider taking is Miami's 3 picks and their 2021 pick, in addition to the 2nd and 3rd round picks. And even that, I'd have to think about it.

And what am I gonna do with Cam Newton?
Reply/Quote