Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Boomer sees greatness in Burrow
(01-31-2020, 02:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No one is stuck being a fan of any team.

You'd be surprised, given the number of varying reasons we'r eall fans of the Bengals. I'm sure most of us don't even live in Cincy lol. You are forced to be loyal, how often does someone be a fan of a team for 30-40 years and switch? It's impossible, if someone knows how tell me lol. There is no last straw, other than if they draft someone other than Burrow lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 02:46 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You'd be surprised, given the number of varying reasons we'r eall fans of the Bengals. I'm sure most of us don't even live in Cincy lol. You are forced to be loyal, how often does someone be a fan of a team for 30-40 years and switch? It's impossible, if someone knows how tell me lol. There is no last straw, other than if they draft someone other than Burrow lol.

You basically choose to follow a second team and root for your first team more once they start actually doing well again.
It's all for entertainment anyway. I grew up in Cincy and kinda watched games with my dad, but I really got into the Bengals when Chad came in due to his personality, production, and antics.
Since the Bengals haven't been entertaining for the past few years now, I've tried to follow a second team or other sport instead.
Now that I'm in another city with a NFL team, I am adopting that as my second team and rooting for them alongside the Bengals.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 10:33 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I get really tired of hearing the same old narratives being parroted time and again. "He's 23" you'd think he's 35. I guess all the QB's that played in the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's were all over the hill because they normally stayed in school 4 years.

"He's a one year wonder" no he's not

"He was playing against kids" He handily defeated some of the best D's in college football. And not only beat them, carved them up !

"He has a weak arm" Ok so he's not John Elway, neither was Joe Montana

"He's only good because of Joe Brady" LOL

Well said and Joe Montana with his "weak arm" lit Elway and his cannon up in the Superbowl.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown sees $$ in Burrow to bring fans in for the upcoming season.. after 2 years of Burrow getting no help the fans will slowly start to leave again due to Mike Brown not being active in FA because he is so god damn cheap and a loser.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 05:56 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Mike Brown sees $$ in Burrow to bring fans in for the upcoming season.. after 2 years of Burrow getting no help the fans will slowly start to leave again due to Mike Brown not being active in FA because he is so god damn cheap and a loser.

A very predictable prediction.

But what if Burrow is so damn determined to prove everyone wrong he carries this team to a Playoff win and even more.

From what I have seen from Burrow, it is possible and the OL did improve as the year went on and we will at the very least 
grab somebody in FA to help him out with as much dough we have to spend. We should trade Dalton, not tag Green, Glenn
and Kirkpatrick's salaries should be flushed either through cutting or trading.

We make trades we get lots of picks to build around Joe.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2020, 08:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: A very predictable prediction.

But what if Burrow is so damn determined to prove everyone wrong he carries this team to a Playoff win and even more.

From what I have seen from Burrow, it is possible and the OL did improve as the year went on and we will at the very least 
grab somebody in FA to help him out with as much dough we have to spend. We should trade Dalton, not tag Green, Glenn
and Kirkpatrick's salaries should be flushed either through cutting or trading.

We make trades we get lots of picks to build around Joe.

There really isn't any way for Burrow to prove anyone wrong on this. Even if he wins a SB in Cincy people will say he was stupid to sign here when he could have won 4 or more if he held out and went to the Steelers or Patriots. 
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 12:14 AM)Nately120 Wrote: There really isn't any way for Burrow to prove anyone wrong on this. Even if he wins a SB in Cincy people will say he was stupid to sign here when he could have won 4 or more if he held out and went to the Steelers or Patriots. 

Steelers haven’t been a legit contender for like decade lol

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 01:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Steelers haven’t been a legit contender for like decade lol

In glad they missed the playoffs 2 years in a row but they were in the AFC Championship game in 2016 and if they went from Pig Ben to Burrow somehow I'd wager we'd be pretty worried. 

But again this is me talking about what the media would say and you are criticizing me as if I completely support it.  If Burrow wins a a SB here people would just say "Wow imagine if he went to a real team!"
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 12:14 AM)Nately120 Wrote: There really isn't any way for Burrow to prove anyone wrong on this. Even if he wins a SB in Cincy people will say he was stupid to sign here when he could have won 4 or more if he held out and went to the Steelers or Patriots. 

(02-01-2020, 10:02 AM)Nately120 Wrote: In glad they missed the playoffs 2 years in a row but they were in the AFC Championship game in 2016 and if they went from Pig Ben to Burrow somehow I'd wager we'd be pretty worried. 

But again this is me talking about what the media would say and you are criticizing me as if I completely support it.  If Burrow wins a a SB here people would just say "Wow imagine if he went to a real team!"

And they wonder why we don't like these people....
Reply/Quote