Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
If Zac Taylor doesn't evolve, Joe Burrow and the Bengals' 2021 season is already over
This is spot on:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-cincinnati-bengals-joe-burrow-offense-zac-taylor-2021
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Early in the article..

“ The Bengals' issue, as it seemingly has been every season of the Zac Taylor era, has been the offense.”

Nah, the defense was the issue the last two years.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 11:43 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Early in the article..

“ The Bengals' issue, as it seemingly has been every season of the Zac Taylor era, has been the offense.”

did you also watch the offense the last 2 years?   they were bad
Reply/Quote
In other words, the design of the offense just like some of us have been saying.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Both units have been bad In the first two seasons under Taylor.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The biggest problem with the offense is personal. We don't have a TE that can stretch the defense.and.were not particularly good in IOL department either.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 11:54 AM)J24 Wrote: The biggest problem with the offense is personal. We don't have a TE that can stretch the defense.and.were not particularly good in IOL department either.

Missing the most important piece for an offense...  OC
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 11:54 AM)J24 Wrote: The biggest problem with the offense is personal. We don't have a TE that can stretch the defense.and.were not particularly good in IOL department either.

I disagree. It is pretty evident they aren't elevating the talent. In football unless you're Alabama and have a crazy class you're not gonna be able to have studs at every position. Coach in football is all about hiding your weaknesses and flexing your strengths. Having a better IOL would help but there are things they could do to to help them. Also the TE thing is silly. The Rams have been great passing down the field and do not have a great TE.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 11:44 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: did you also watch the offense the last 2 years?   they were bad

They were bad, but to completely ignore the defense in the article doesn’t seem right. The offense did enough to win games a lot of the time in ZTs first few years but the defense was giving up 35+ a game…
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 12:07 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: They were bad, but to completely ignore the defense in the article doesn’t seem right. The offense did enough to win games a lot of the time in ZTs first few years but the defense was giving up 35+ a game…

The defense has taken a step forward. The article is really about Zac Taylor's need to adapt.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

And we have a head coach who isn't scheming around the "bad personnel." No misdirection, running empty sets, and continuing to show tendencies on play calling based on formations. 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 12:07 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: They were bad, but to completely ignore the defense in the article doesn’t seem right. The offense did enough to win games a lot of the time in ZTs first few years but the defense was giving up 35+ a game…

Wins/losses aren't the point of the article. The point of the article is looking at offense efficiency and why we are having a hard time scoring the ball - especially with the amount of talent that we have. 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 11:54 AM)J24 Wrote: The biggest problem with the offense is personal

And this time, it’s personal.

But seriously, we have 3 studs at wr and Joe Mixon at RB, and you’re STILL complaining? The weapons are fine

The rams run their offense without a stud at TE. It’s not necessary. Anyone who starts clamoring for a first round TE should be taken to a day care.

The o-line still stinks
Reply/Quote

Actually, the defense has been better than the offense for the most part, ranking wise.

2021:
offense - 18th in Points For, 25th in Yards
defense - 7th in Points Allowed, 11th in Yards Allowed

2020:
offense - 29th in both Points For and Yards
defense - 22nd in Points Allowed, 26th in Yards Allowed

2019:
offense - 30th in Points For, 26th in Yards
defense - 25th in Points Allowed, 29th in Yards Allowed
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Against the Jaguars the Bengals ran an excellent wide zone scheme with a balanced attack and play action. That was the offense I expected this week but no the Bengals went shotgun and empty and was extremely pass heavy.

The Bengals had 3 rushing attempts in the first half.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

C.J proved he can make plays, just watch the Jags game. But ZT totally looked over Uzomah in the Packers game. A TE stretch the.field, that would mean
ZT would have actually use a TE on seam or wheel routes. When has he ever done that?
Reply/Quote
Taylor has become very predictable on most plays. They have the horses, but don't have the scheme for the horses.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 12:39 PM)Synric Wrote: Against the Jaguars the Bengals ran an excellent wide zone scheme with a balanced attack and play action. That was the offense I expected this week but no the Bengals went shotgun and empty and was extremely pass heavy.

The Bengals had 3 rushing attempts in the first half.

I thought they learned this was the way to go after week 1, but they got away from it week 2. It saved the Jags game week 4, but they got away from it mostly week 5. They have the blueprint. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I don't watch every game and do miss some snaps of some games I do watch, but I just don't see enough creativity from Taylor.
I think the Bengals have gotten bailed out from a few big passes to Chase, otherwise their passing offense would be really struggling again.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 12:43 PM)impactplaya Wrote: But ZT totally looked over Uzomah in the Packers game. A TE stretch the.field, that would mean

I saw Uzo running routes against the Packers.

I am guessing that after the Jags game the Pack put more emphasis on covering him.  I don't know for sure, but I seriously doubt ZT just decided to phase Uzo out of the offense after his big game.
Reply/Quote