Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
If Zac Taylor doesn't evolve, Joe Burrow and the Bengals' 2021 season is already over
(10-13-2021, 04:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: zach doesnt believe in mirrors so he cant see the issue   lol

Thats because he cant see his reflection Ninja
Reply/Quote
Defense was dropping the safeties to cover the middle in empty sets. There should have been a deep post route in there.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 03:35 PM)Whatever Wrote: ProFootball Reference had him tied for 5th with 8 drops and 20th in drop %.

Yeah, I remember only a few guys having more drops than Tee last year. Diontae Johnson and Lamb for sure, forget who the other couple were.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 08:15 PM)Synric Wrote: Defense was dropping the safeties to cover the middle in empty sets. There should have been a deep post route in there.

More on Taylor or Burrow? Bit of both?

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 10:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: More on Taylor or Burrow? Bit of both?

Without knowing the options on the routes, if i'm sitting on the sidelines (as a coach, looking on the ipad) and they come off after the play, first tweet, the left side of the field is closed. After the snap of the ball the safety on the right (of the offense) comes up to cover the slot but the outside receiver runs an outside go. That's a situation where the receiver on the bottom, when the safety commits to the short pass, needs to run a post. The middle of the field is wide open and the corner is giving a 3-5 yd cushion. Burrow should look left to hold the left safety, then look slot to draw the right safety up, then throw deep down the middle for 6. 

The bottom tweet is the same, except on the opposite side of the field. The right side of the field is closed to anything deep but the left safety, after the snap, comes up to support the slot and the top receiver is left in single coverage with NO ONE deep. The top receiver runs a 12 yd curl when, after seeing the safety come up, he should have run the post. Wide open again. 

It's those kind of adjustments that great coaches and coordinators make mid-game that change the course of the game. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote