Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Zac Taylor wins ...
(02-13-2022, 01:14 PM)Destro Wrote: Super Bowl does not a career make. If they win, does that mean any of the offensive lineman are better than Munoz? Mixon better than Dillon? Eli Apple better than Riley? Record is still very poor. Winning Super Bowl means having the most successful year, but it is only one year.

15-8 since Vonn Bell put the habeus smashus on Shit Schuster....
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 12:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: Interesting, I knew Taylor wasn’t on the final year of his deal from a source earlier this year…but I didn’t know this. Schefter just tweeted he was the lowest paid HC at only 3.75 million per year. I’d expect his extension to nearly double that.

Adam is partially wrong. It’s 4 million total compensation. You throw in his suite, cars, health care, country club, etc.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 01:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: 15-8 since Vonn Bell put the habeus smashus on Shit Schuster....

We still have what happened before and shall see what will happen after that. It is possible to one day become, but crowning EVER is pretty premature, I think. Think they are saying that about Doug Peterson in Philly or Gary Kubiak in Denver? Proof will be in long term success. Talent through the roof has the team where they are. ( added remaining healthy ). Same reason many went Vrabel for COTY. They were the #1 seed with several key players missing. Bengals wouldn't be where they are with the same situation. As someone else said, Send Zach to the Titans this past year with Tannehill and the injuries and have Vrabel here with Burrow and the healthy roster and who do you think does better? 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 01:54 PM)Destro Wrote: We still have what happened before and shall see what will happen after that. It is possible to one day become, but crowning EVER is pretty premature, I think. Think they are saying that about Doug Peterson in Philly or Gary Kubiak in Denver? Proof will be in long term success. Talent through the roof has the team where they are. ( added remaining healthy ). Same reason many went Vrabel for COTY. They were the #1 seed with several key players missing. Bengals wouldn't be where they are with the same situation. As someone else said, Send Zach to the Titans this past year with Tannehill and the injuries and have Vrabel here with Burrow and the healthy roster and who do you think does better? 

Taylor does better. He will be a head coach in this league a lot longer. Vrabel did a great job and was certainly deserving of COY restricted to the regular season. He did a great job with Derrick Henry out. But Zac Taylor was the architect of this turnaround. He was the architect of the culture change. He was architect of this team improving to where they are today versus before the bye. He was the architect of winning these playoff games when coaching mattered at the end. It was Taylor not Vrabel who coached his team to win in Nashville.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 08:34 AM)Takedown Wrote: Yes

(02-12-2022, 08:36 AM)Wyche Wrote: I think it would have to.....but Sam will always be my favorite.

What Takedown and Wyche said.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 01:54 PM)Destro Wrote: We still have what happened before and shall see what will happen after that. It is possible to one day become, but crowning EVER is pretty premature, I think. Think they are saying that about Doug Peterson in Philly or Gary Kubiak in Denver? Proof will be in long term success. Talent through the roof has the team where they are. ( added remaining healthy ). Same reason many went Vrabel for COTY. They were the #1 seed with several key players missing. Bengals wouldn't be where they are with the same situation. As someone else said, Send Zach to the Titans this past year with Tannehill and the injuries and have Vrabel here with Burrow and the healthy roster and who do you think does better? 

Only 3 coaches have taken the Bengals this far. If they win today, then he is the only coach to win it all. That pretty much sums it up.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 03:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Only 3 coaches have taken the Bengals this far. If they win today, then he is the only coach to win it all. That pretty much sums it up.

If it is that simplistic for you, great. I think of things on the larger scale. I was there medals carry little valor with me. Hope you'll feel that way at the end of the day.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote