Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Zampese has learned from the people he has known.
We should be fine.

His father was legendary offensive guru Ernie Zampese.

At Northern Arizona he worked with Marty Mornhinweg who has produced 8 top ten offenses (with 2 different teams) in 13 seasons as an NFL OC.

Sean Peyton was QB coach for the Eagles when Zampese was there in 1998.

Mike McCarthy was QB coach when Zampese was with the Packers in 1999.

With the Rams Zampese worked alongside Mike Martz and Al Saunders. Martz is credited with inventing "The Greatest Show on Turf" in St Louis, and Saunders had 6 top ten (5 top FIVE) offenses in 9 seasons as an NFL OC with the Chiefs and Raiders.

And here with the Bengals Zampese has worked with successful OC's Hue Jackson, and Jon Gruden.
Reply/Quote
The only thing Zampese has to do to be successful is maintain the running game and not become to pass happy. If he does that we will be fine on offense.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'm sure we will know very quickly if he is "the chosen one!"

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
* Makes us a top 10 offense, leaves next year *

* Bengals look for new OC *..

Why does everyone have to take our OCs .. goodness. Props to Andy for sticking through and still producing going through so many coordinators.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2016, 07:55 PM)milksheikh Wrote: * Makes us a top 10 offense, leaves next year *

Why does everyone have to take our OCs .. goodness. Props to Andy for sticking through and still producing going through so many coordinators.

Not all bad. I wasn't a big fan of Gruden. Personally, I thought Zampesse had a lot to do with AD progressing as fast as he did. Hopefully that's a sign of things to come.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2016, 07:55 PM)milksheikh Wrote: * Makes us a top 10 offense, leaves next year *

Well, Zampese has been in the NFL for nearly 20 years without a promotion SO he might actually stick around as our OC!
Reply/Quote
Zampese has solid mentoring, good bloodline, experience around NFL, and familiarity with Bengals system.

All the ingredients are there.

Still has to prove he can walk on his own though. Feel good that he will.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2016, 04:46 PM)J24 Wrote: The only thing Zampese has to do to be successful is FIX the running game and not become to pass happy. If he does that we will be fine on offense.

I adjusted your statement a bit
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2016, 12:25 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, Zampese has been in the NFL for nearly 20 years without a promotion SO he might actually stick around as our OC!

This.....and it seemed to me that Dalton made his biggest strides after going to House and working under Hue.  I hope Zampese never misses a beat, but I honestly have my doubts.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

I was wondering this same thing and even more baffled at how the really top-notch teams tend to keep their coordinators.

Typically, by the time the Super Bowl comes around, all the teams have hired someone already.

One thought I had was that since teams can start interviewing and hiring right after the regular season, teams don't want to wait until after the Super Bowl, as it could be slim pickens. Now yes, a team can technically interview someone throughout the week, but that person cannot come over to the new team until after his current team is eliminated. So they go after coordinators of playoff teams that seem to lose in the wildcard or divisional matchups. Meanwhile, the championship teams keep their coaches together because all teams have already filled their HC openings.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I think we will be ok With Zampese, we shouldn't see a whole lot of slippage on offense.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2016, 10:08 AM)Wyche Wrote: This.....and it seemed to me that Dalton made his biggest strides after going to House and working under Hue.  I hope Zampese never misses a beat, but I honestly have my doubts.

I completely agree with you.  I am hopeful that Zampese does well, but can't help thinking the Bengals passed him over two times and he never got much interest from other teams.  A big part of me is afraid this is a case of the Bengals putting too much emphasis on continuity.  I am really hoping that Dalton, and McCarron, continue their work with House and his team.
Reply/Quote
I've had mixed feelings, the primary concern being that he's been passed over for so long.

But he's had a lot of exposure to really good coaches/coordinators.   Some people are just quiet - but explode when given the reins.

That is my hope here.
Reply/Quote
My hope is Zampese will be less predictable than Bratkowski, more balanced than Gruden, and less cute that Hue...

I think the offense works and Andy knows how to run it. Trust in his ability to check into plays that create a mismatch, and then let the offensive talent earn it's accolades.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2016, 10:08 AM)Wyche Wrote: This.....and it seemed to me that Dalton made his biggest strides after going to House and working under Hue.  I hope Zampese never misses a beat, but I honestly have my doubts.

I think Andy's success has been more about Hue letting Dalton run the offense than Hue's actual scheming.

One of Andy's best skills is pre snap diagnosis of defenses and a knack for knowing when and what to audible into when he sees something.
House no doubt has fixed his mechanics but at the end of the day Andy is a great field general.
If they let him do that then I foresee 2015 Andy being closer to the norm of what we can expect from now on.

IMO we got our guy and it feels good.  FO just needs to keep the pantry stocked.
Reply/Quote
I can't believe Fred talks about all of the coaches that Zamp learned from and left off the absolute greatest coach that Zamp learned from. The guy that Fred has a shrine to in his living room (nice couch by the way).

The one, the only, THE...

[Image: bob-bratkowski.jpg]

BOB BRATKOWSKI!!!
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2016, 12:25 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, Zampese has been in the NFL for nearly 20 years without a promotion SO he might actually stick around as our OC!

I hope so.  Hilarious
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote