Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If im Zac Taylor this is how I call the first drive of the game.
These Raiders are coming off 5 days rest in a essentially 5 quarter balls to the wall game. If im ZT im running sweep left, sweep right, WR screen left, WR screen right, short pass to Boyd, rinse repeat all the way down the field for a 15 play+ TD drive. I want these DL and LBs huffin and puffin and feelin that tiredness right away in the frigid cold. Then next drive once they are good and tired we can start playin our normal explosive offense.

I think this would be an optimal way to minimize the edge their front will have on our OL. Should be no prob for our guys most of our starters are coming off 12 full days rest.

If we neutralize Crosby and Ngakwe as much as possible we are in great shape. They can't hang with our balanced attack.

WHO DEY!!

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 06:47 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: These Raiders are coming off 5 days rest in a essentially 5 quarter balls to the wall game. If im ZT im running sweep left, sweep right, WR screen left, WR screen right, short pass to Boyd, rinse repeat all the way down the field for a 15 play+ TD drive. I want these DL and LBs huffin and puffin and feelin that tiredness right away in the frigid cold. Then next drive once they are good and tired we can start playin our normal explosive offense.

I think this would be an optimal way to minimize the edge their front will have on our OL. Should be no prob for our guys most of our starters are coming off 12 full days rest.

If we neutralize Crosby and Ngakwe as much as possible we are in great shape. They can't hang with our balanced attack.  

WHO DEY!!

The game will NOT be won on the first drive of the game.  

Also, why are you afraid of power runs. I like Mixon going forward, not running sideways.  Mixon is a great power back that breaks for big yards going forward, not running sweeps.  The NFL Field is too small for sweeps. It's not Canadian Football. 

All this worry about Crosby, they better worry about Hendrickson and Hubbard.  This game will be WON in the 2nd Half, not the First Half.   The Bengals and Raiders were close at halftime, but the 2nd Half was all Bengals as they won 32 to 13 in Lost Wages, Nevada this season.  McPherson kept Bengals in the game as did the Defense.  Mixon had a great game, especially 2nd half.  Burrow got the hot hand.  Chase and Mixon both scored. Hendrickson made Carr fumble and Hubbard ran it back for another McPherson 3 points.  

Whatever happens on the First Drive, the game will be WON in the 2nd Half.  It may come down to The Final Drive, many NFL Games Do. 

Some of you would have Bengals get away from what got them here, because you are so SCARED and AFRAID of Crosby against Chargers. This is why I'm glad you people are not the Coach.  The Bengals beat Crosby 32 to 13 already.

GO BENGALS 

Tiger Who Dey  Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Zac in the locker room:

[Image: troy-achilles.gif]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 07:14 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Zac in the locker room:

[Image: troy-achilles.gif]

I like this.  I hope Bengals win the coin toss and let Raiders get the ball first.  Let them have the 1st drive.  I love it when Bengals get the ball to start the 2nd Half.  ...So on the coin flip if Bengals win it.....Tell the Raiders, Take It, It's Yours......The Raiders have the weakest offense of most of the play-off teams.  ...I love it when Bengals score before Halftime and then add on getting the ball to start the 2nd Half for a lot of unanswered points by the opposition. ....So Raiders, take the opening kick-off, It's Yours. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 07:12 AM)kevin Wrote: Some of you would have Bengals get away from what got them here, because you are so SCARED and AFRAID of Crosby against Chargers. 

Attacking the defense where they are weaker IS our identity and what got us here.  Burrow has said it dozens of times in interviews.  

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 07:26 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Attacking the defense where they are weaker IS our identity and what got us here.  Burrow has said it dozens of times in interviews.  

Right, Take what the Defense gives you.  Burrow was great at this at LSU and is no longer a rookie in the NFL.  Burrow has caught up with the speed of the NFL.  He reads NFL Defenses better.  What MAKES the 2021 Bengals far better than the Chad Johnson or AJ Green Bengals is Defenses could double team Chad or Green, and did.   That was our play-off woes.  Chad and Green double teamed.  Defenses can't double team Chase.  Higgins, Boyd, Uzomah, Mixon would eat them alive.  Burrow would eat them alive.  This is why Burrow says attack where they are weak, as in basketball, hit the open man.   Or in baseball, hit the ball where they ain't.   

The Ravens over played Mixon, so Bengals killed them passing.  Bengals found weak spots in Raiders beating them 32 to 13.  Bengals won the 2nd Half of the game as Mixon had a big game.   

So much like the 1981 Bengals, the 2021 Bengals have too many weapons too cover.  So of course Bengals coaches and Burrow are going to attack the Raiders Defense play calls and attack the weak areas of the Defense they are in.  THAT is what Burrow means.  There is no reason for Bengals to throw into double coverage, not with all the top players they have.  If Raiders go into the box to stuff Mixon, pass.  If Raiders double Chase, go to somebody wide open.  Take what the defense gives you, football 101.  Burrow at LSU and now at Bengals is Great at going through his progressions, until he see's the Bengal their Defense leaves wide open.  It really is what makes Burrow great at LSU and now Cincy.  Reading the whole field, and finding the open man.  There is no reason for Bengals to throw into double coverage as they did with Chad or Green in play-offs and lose.  Hit the open man like the 1981 Bengals. 

Now 3rd and 1 or on goal line is different. Bengals are good at putting in the Big Boys and Pushing ahead for 1 yard. Bengals are also better at running out the clock than they have been in decades.

GO BENGALS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I want them to come out and run the ball heavily with Mixon and a 6th lineman. Put Johnson next to Prince and wear Crosby and the rest of the D-line out in the first quarter. After that, Joe will be able to do whatever he wants. I really can't see how the Raiders are coming in with a full tank of gas. This is going to be like the Battle of the Bulge... run the Raiders out of gas.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 07:26 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Attacking the defense where they are weaker IS our identity and what got us here.  Burrow has said it dozens of times in interviews.  

I really hope they don't pull a Marv Manuever (go away from what got us into the playoffs).
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 09:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I want them to come out and run the ball heavily with Mixon and a 6th lineman. Put Johnson next to Prince and wear Crosby  and the rest of the D-line out in the first quarter. After that, Joe will be able to do whatever he wants. I really can't see how the Raiders are coming in with a full tank of gas. This is going to be like the Battle of the Bulge... run the Raiders out of gas.

[Image: 913.gif]

You have Joe Burrow, Ja'Marr Chase, Tee Higgins, and Tyler Boyd... and you want them to just ignore them for the 23rd rushing offense (26th in YPC) and an extra (bad) OL?

Why wouldn't you just have your 108.3 rating QB throw it to your 1,450 yard, 1,100 yard, and 800 yard WRs? Don't lose by giving up the first quarter when you could instead... you know, score points.

You say "wear down" Crosby and the D-Line, but nobody gets worn out forcing 3-and-outs and dominating the time of possession.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 09:36 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: 913.gif]

You have Joe Burrow, Ja'Marr Chase, Tee Higgins, and Tyler Boyd... and you want them to just ignore them for the 23rd rushing offense (26th in YPC) and an extra (bad) OL?

Why wouldn't you just have your 108.3 rating QB throw it to your 1,450 yard, 1,100 yard, and 800 yard WRs? Don't lose by giving up the first quarter when you could instead... you know, score points.

You say "wear down" Crosby and the D-Line, but nobody gets worn out forcing 3-and-outs and dominating the time of possession.

It's simple, do you trust Prince to keep Burrow upright and keep Crosby from killing him? We need to wear them out in the first half, then, like I said, Burrow can do what he wants. That extra bad O-line is why we need to run first.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 10:02 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's simple, do you trust Prince to keep Burrow upright and keep Crosby from killing him? We need to wear them out in the first half, then, like I said, Burrow can do what he wants. That extra bad O-line is why we need to run first.

This team does not need to run first. Also, I've seen a trend where people act like the only way you can wear down a d-line is by running the ball. Pass protection is not passive, those guys go at it. The Bengals running game has been bottom of the league all year and to become a run first team in the playoffs would be an inferior choice. You're giving up possessions to try to 'wear them down'? That doesn't make any sense. You use those possessions to go score points and becoming a run first team doesn't achieve that goal as well as throwing the ball. If Oakland gives Cincinnati a light box, sure, take it, but Cincinnati does not have a good running game and it does not need to be the focus of the gameplan (and it won't be). 

Do I trust Prince to keep Crosby off of him? No, Burrow is going to get sacked. However, putting the ball in Burrow's hands with a bad line vs. putting the ball in Mixon's hands with a bad line is going to yield significantly better results. You keep the ball in Burrow's hands, he is the catalyst. I would fully expect the Bengals to throw the ball >= 60% of the time, unless they build a big lead. 
Reply/Quote
I would definitely go with the rock for this game, MIXON, PERINE, BOYD (reverse), EVANS. 5 resting days, 3 hr game, we are going to wear them down just like the Giants were able to put away the COMPLETE Bills Offense in the Super Bowl. Just like we do in the 2nd half we open up our bombs to our WRs for some scoring which will be easily done with their exhausted defense.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 10:02 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's simple, do you trust Prince to keep Burrow upright and keep Crosby from killing him? We need to wear them out in the first half, then, like I said, Burrow can do what he wants. That extra bad O-line is why we need to run first.

I also don't trust Prince to get first downs in the running game.

If you're going to avoid using your offense's strength (Burrow and the WRs) in order to protect him, then either bench him or take a knee all game long. That also assures that Burrow won't get hurt, with roughly the same odds of success as trying to recreate the 2009 offense (which wasn't good) all of a sudden in the playoffs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm throwing a bomb to chase first play.
Reply/Quote
Mixon won the longest throwing competition on the team.. how about a trick play Mixon to Burrow or the WRs?
Time to show some creativity from our offensive coaches genius bucket.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/joe-mixon-wins-longest-throw-competition-at-bengals-practice/ar-AANLI7v
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 10:45 AM)motoarch Wrote: I'm throwing a bomb to chase first play.

As long as there is someone keeping everyone away from Burrow's knees, sure. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 09:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I want them to come out and run the ball heavily with Mixon and a 6th lineman. Put Johnson next to Prince and wear Crosby and the rest of the D-line out in the first quarter. After that, Joe will be able to do whatever he wants. I really can't see how the Raiders are coming in with a full tank of gas. This is going to be like the Battle of the Bulge... run the Raiders out of gas.

I agree with this. Run the ball on them, wear them out, then throw on them. But establish the run against these guys

Everyone saying “just throw it constantly” is repeating analytical nerd talk.

Aaron Rodgers? His team runs the ball. The bengals have Joe Mixon, and are going up against the best 4 man pass rush in the league. Run it, then take shots down field.

A balanced approach is how cincy will beat Vegas.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 11:35 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I agree with this. Run the ball on them, wear them out, then throw on them. But establish the run against these guys

Aaron Rodgers? His team runs the ball. The bengals have Joe Mixon, and are going up against the best 4 man pass rush in the league. Run it, then take shots down field.

Who is saying "throw it constantly"?
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 11:35 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I agree with this. Run the ball on them, wear them out, then throw on them. But establish the run against these guys

I want 35 attempts out of Burrow. The handcuffs have been off since the 2nd Baltimore game. You old school guys are just gonna have to get use to it.  Our offense is set up to air attack more than any team in the league..
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 07:12 AM)kevin Wrote: Also, why are you afraid of power runs. I like Mixon going forward, not running sideways.  Mixon is a great power back that breaks for big yards going forward, not running sweeps.  The NFL Field is too small for sweeps. It's not Canadian Football. 

The Bengals are not built to be a power rushing team. They don't have the OL to drive off the LOS.
Their strength lies in positional blocking and moving in unison.
The NFL field width is fine for running outside, as evidenced plenty by teams such as the 49ers.

If the Bengals really want to be successful, they need to try to be adaptive to the Raiders though and exploit their weaknesses.
If the Raiders are susceptible to inside runs, try it.
If that's not working, try outside.
In the passing game, try shorter routes if longer plays aren't working.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote