Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If im Zac Taylor this is how I call the first drive of the game.
(01-14-2022, 06:47 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: These Raiders are coming off 5 days rest in a essentially 5 quarter balls to the wall game. If im ZT im running sweep left, sweep right, WR screen left, WR screen right, short pass to Boyd, rinse repeat all the way down the field for a 15 play+ TD drive. I want these DL and LBs huffin and puffin and feelin that tiredness right away in the frigid cold. Then next drive once they are good and tired we can start playin our normal explosive offense.

I think this would be an optimal way to minimize the edge their front will have on our OL. Should be no prob for our guys most of our starters are coming off 12 full days rest.

If we neutralize Crosby and Ngakwe as much as possible we are in great shape. They can't hang with our balanced attack.  

WHO DEY!!

I like it, we can run it on these guys as we saw the first game too. Just don't get too cute passing the ball too much. No need.

Better field, we are rested and we can tire them out early and put them away. Pin our ears back and hit Carr afterwards. 

Fun times. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 03:04 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: You’re WineEmDineEm, huh?

u caught me haha

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 11:35 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I agree with this. Run the ball on them, wear them out, then throw on them. But establish the run against these guys

Everyone saying “just throw it constantly” is repeating analytical nerd talk.

Aaron Rodgers? His team runs the ball. The bengals have Joe Mixon, and are going up against the best 4 man pass rush in the league. Run it, then take shots down field.

A balanced approach is how cincy will beat Vegas.

This ^ .. If you don't at least mix Mixion in the Bengals OL will get owned.  Also, running TYPICALLY makes drives take longer which allows your D to rest.  Letting the defense get a breather is very important and we have seen evidence of this when they stayed on the field the whole first half and was decimated by the Chiefs then in the second half the Bengals had longer, more sustained, drives and they gave up 3 points.
Reply/Quote
A lot of people criticize Taylor for the slow starts. He’s got specific plays to test the defensive scheme and see how to attack it. Most teams won’t ditch their scheme until the second half if then. Remember their 1st quarter points scored rank is 16 but it changes dramatically the rest of the game. 2(7) 3(11) 4(7). It’s a chess game not checkers.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 10:45 AM)motoarch Wrote: I'm throwing a bomb to chase first play.

There would be one on the drive for sure.

Unless the Raiders just take it away completely but in that case that’s mean they are giving us everything else pretty much
-Housh
Reply/Quote
The keys to beating the Raiders are (1) avoiding turnovers, (2) tackling at first contact, and (3) pressuring Derek Carr. Unlike the other teams in the AFC West, Las Vegas is more physical like an AFC North team. Game planning against the Raiders is much like game planning against the Browns — except Cleveland has a MUCH better secondary.

Running the ball with heavy doses of Joe Mixon will be key as will play action; it’s crucial to keep the Las Vegas defensive front guessing. If the Bengals go empty backfield too much Maxx Crosby will tee off on Joe Burrow. The Bengals beat the Raiders earlier this season going run heavy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’m laughing at all the people saying “bengals need to start fast”

Lmao like, when have the bengals ever started fast this season? Against the Ravens? Chiefs?

They’re not starting fast today
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 02:17 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I’m laughing at all the people saying “bengals need to start fast”

Lmao like, when have the bengals ever started fast this season? Against the Ravens? Chiefs?

They've been saving it for a surprise. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 02:17 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I’m laughing at all the people saying “bengals need to start fast”

Hey Frank, one can always hope.

That is the point, we hardly ever start fast and still won 10 games.

What is nice is we already played the Raiders so Burrow might already have their D figured out.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 02:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey Frank, one can always hope.

That is the point, we hardly ever start fast and still won 10 games.

What is nice is we already played the Raiders so Burrow might already have their D figured out.

He can figure them out all he likes, if Crosby isn’t contained, it’s gonna force the bengals to go run heavy.

And that’s really gonna annoy people in the game day thread. Oh my god

I’m going to avoid that place today. It’s going to be a shit show. You guys having these dreams of Burrow throwing deep all over the raiders are going to be very disappointed.

This game is going to be a slow grind
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 02:57 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: He can figure them out all he likes, if Crosby isn’t contained, it’s gonna force the bengals to go run heavy.

I’m going to avoid that place today. It’s going to be a shit show. You guys having these dreams of Burrow throwing deep all over the raiders are going to be very disappointed.

Yeah, I ain't going in that GD thread either. It will be a mad house regardless of how we start.

I expect it to be a dink and dunk, run Mixon day for sure.

Still, Chase is the X-factor in the Slot, if he gets free...

Prince will have troubles with Mad Maxx, just have to help him with chips from the TE's and RB's.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 03:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:
Yeah, I ain't going in that GD thread either. It will be a mad house regardless of how we start.

I expect it to be a dink and dunk, run Mixon day for sure.

Still, Chase is the X-factor in the Slot, if he gets free...

Prince will have troubles with Mad Maxx, just have to help him with chips from the TE's and RB's.

Likewise and my primary reason is wanting to focus on the game and not hot takes or long diatribes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 03:10 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Likewise and my primary reason is wanting to focus on the game and not hot takes or long diatribes.

No doubt, it is all knee jerk reactions in that thread. No point.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 03:10 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Likewise and my primary reason is wanting to focus on the game and not hot takes or long diatribes.

Or as I call them, diarrhea tribes
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 02:57 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: He can figure them out all he likes, if Crosby isn’t contained, it’s gonna force the bengals to go run heavy.

I honestly don't care how they win.  Only that they win.

But now I kinda hope they air bomb then just so I can bump this post.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 03:39 PM)motoarch Wrote: I honestly don't care how they win.  Only that they win.

But now I kinda hope they air bomb then just so I can bump this post.

Playoff win is all that matters today, after that it is all icing on the cake. Get through this game with a win.
Reply/Quote