Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If my calculations are correct...
(11-22-2021, 08:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Actually kind of hope it doesn't happen.  It is harder on the WC team traveling East to play at 1pm EST.  I don't care about Prime Time games as much as a win.  

I'd prefer the Bengals beat an opponent at their best. Show exactly where they are. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 10:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep and i'll tell you what...i'm not sure how the Tonight Show is going to work out. Who the hell is this Johnny Carson guy anyway. 

I'm still wondering who that Charlie Chaplain was.. Best movie ever made was The Kid..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 09:16 AM)Trademark Wrote: I hope it doesn't get flexed I am going and cincinnati in december at night is miserable

Ha ha yes I know but I like going to games when it is cold. Side note to that…… I was at Riverfront years ago when the Falcons came to town right after a snow storm. At one point in the game snowballs began flying everywhere. I remember Andre Rison getting hit I believe in the face with a snowball at the end of a play (maybe during play) in the end zone. It’s been a while but I think it went down like that. Either way I am looking forward to the Bengals/Chargers game day or night. Who Dey!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 12:19 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm still wondering who that Charlie Chaplain was.. Best movie ever made was The Kid..

What's a "movie"? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 12:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'd prefer the Bengals beat an opponent at their best. Show exactly where they are. 

I will take ANY and ALL advantages we can get, and having the Chargers off their normal schedule is one of them.  A small one, but I will take it.  There are no moral victories and no victory counts for more because you got them at their best.  
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 01:54 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I will take ANY and ALL advantages we can get, and having the Chargers off their normal schedule is one of them.  A small one, but I will take it.  There are no moral victories and no victory counts for more because you got them at their best.  

But there is the very real ability to beat a good team at their best vs a beat up/traveling/whatever team, so when you get to the playoffs you're not a paper tiger. 

The hottest fire forges the strongest steel.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 02:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: But there is the very real ability to beat a good team at their best vs a beat up/traveling/whatever team, so when you get to the playoffs you're not a paper tiger. 

The hottest fire forges the strongest steel.

Being in the AFC North, with two games against pitt, Baltimore, and Cleveland, combined with games against the Raiders, Chargers, Chiefs, Vikings, and Packers....if they make they playoffs, they will have earned it.  No way a paper tiger. 

Say the Titans beat up on a lifeless AFC South and the Colts weren't getting hot, and their non-conference opponent was the NFC East.  Fine.  Call that a paper tiger.  Not these cats.  
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 02:29 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Being in the AFC North, with two games against pitt, Baltimore, and Cleveland, combined with games against the Raiders, Chargers, Chiefs, Vikings, and Packers....if they make they playoffs, they will have earned it.  No way a paper tiger. 

Say the Titans beat up on a lifeless AFC South and the Colts weren't getting hot, and their non-conference opponent was the NFC East.  Fine.  Call that a paper tiger.  Not these cats.  

Because that worked so well in 2009 and 2011-2015?

Nah. The best teams (that win playoff games and SBs) are the teams that beat other good teams at their best. It's a litmus test that doesn't lie. 

Reply/Quote
Yeah, I think we get flexed. Should be a great game between the 2 best young QB's.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 02:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Because that worked so well in 2009 and 2011-2015?

Nah. The best teams (that win playoff games and SBs) are the teams that beat other good teams at their best. It's a litmus test that doesn't lie. 

Nope.  The teams that win the Super Bowl are almost ALWAYS the healthiest teams that get hot at the right time.   
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 02:53 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Nope.  The teams that win the Super Bowl are almost ALWAYS the healthiest teams that get hot at the right time.   

Look. If you want to take "any win you can get", more power to you. ThumbsUp

I'll take wins too but i prefer ones that are against good teams that are healthy. I'm not gonna sit around hoping that they don't flex a game due to whatever, or hope we get a team that's beat up. 

All wins are not created equal and don't bother trying to argue with me that they are. 

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 03:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Look. If you want to take "any win you can get", more power to you. ThumbsUp

I'll take wins too but i prefer ones that are against good teams that are healthy. I'm not gonna sit around hoping that they don't flex a game due to whatever, or hope we get a team that's beat up. 

All wins are not created equal and don't bother trying to argue with me that they are. 

Sorry, but I couldn't resist:

The Bengals went on the road and beat a team in the playoff hunt by 19 points.

The Browns won a game at home against a winless team with a backup QB.  

BOTH TEAMS WERE CREDITED WITH ONE WIN IN THE STANDINGS.  
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 01:10 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: Ha ha yes I know but I like going to games when it is cold. Side note to that…… I was at Riverfront years ago when the Falcons came to town right after a snow storm. At one point in the game snowballs began flying everywhere. I remember Andre Rison getting hit I believe in the face with a snowball at the end of a play (maybe during play) in the end zone. It’s been a while but I think it went down like that. Either way I am looking forward to the Bengals/Chargers game day or night. Who Dey!!!

What's your secret to keeping warm ? Lol
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 12:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'd prefer the Bengals beat an opponent at their best. Show exactly where they are. 

According to Hendrickson's interview with Lapham on Bengals line tonight...so does he. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 03:55 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Sorry, but I couldn't resist:

The Bengals went on the road and beat a team in the playoff hunt by 19 points.

The Browns won a game at home against a winless team with a backup QB.  

BOTH TEAMS WERE CREDITED WITH ONE WIN IN THE STANDINGS.  

And that does absolutely nothing to dispute the first part of the sentence you quoted, which wasn't highlighted. 

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 03:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Look. If you want to take "any win you can get", more power to you. ThumbsUp

Tampa Bay beat Kansas City in the Super Bowl last year; while KC was playing with a makeshift Oline. Guess what the call TB:

World Champions. I'll take any win I can get
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 11:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Tampa Bay beat Kansas City in the Super Bowl last year; while KC was playing with a makeshift Oline. Guess what the call TB:

World Champions. I'll take any win I can get

I'm sure most will and it's not that i won't...i'd just like to see them win big games against good, healthy teams. Whether it's for their own confidence, fans confidence, whatever. Just an individual preference. 

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 07:45 PM)Trademark Wrote: What's your secret to keeping warm ? Lol

I am well insulated :)
Reply/Quote
The NFL is likely to drop the current SNF game and flex either the Bengals/Chargers or Denver/KC. Just based on the matchup, I think we will see Cincinnati/Chargers flexed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1463089686734381056?t=CT26KF09eV8JDdUWQ2M6dQ&s=19
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2021, 10:51 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: The NFL is likely to drop the current SNF game and flex either the Bengals/Chargers or Denver/KC. Just based on the matchup, I think we will see Cincinnati/Chargers flexed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1463089686734381056?t=CT26KF09eV8JDdUWQ2M6dQ&s=19

Sorry, not possible. The only thing the network will consider is Pitt V Balt. Mellow

Reply/Quote