Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the Bengals don't take your guy...
To be honest, i dont have a guy.

I just worry more about getting out of the 2nd rnd without oline, more than getting out of the 2nd rnd without a wr, thus id prefer oline in the 1st rnd.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I want oline in all three rounds. Then Eskridge in the fourth.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 04:49 AM)Storer50 Wrote: I want oline in all three rounds. Then Eskridge in the fourth.

I'd take OL the first four picks if need be. You can't fix an entire team with this poor of a roster in one draft but you can fix position groups, especially if that position group is deep.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
If Chase is the pick...Mayfield, Meinerz, or Eichenberg. Target Green, Smith or Carman later. Dickerson is the enigma with a 1st round grade but medicals

If Sewell is the pick....not sure that a bpa wr will be there in the 2nd.

I like Pitts also. He just seems like a red zone nightmare with his length, feet and hands.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 01:32 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'm a Pitts guy too. I think it's crazy that he's barely even in the conversation, because I think he's going to be an elite talent and a nightmare to game plan for...but it is what it is I guess.

[Image: giphy.gif]

I prefer Piits too. We will be able to utilize him way more than Chase and get enough OL in the 2nd round. If all fails, he can be YET another blocking "OL".  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
They've picked who I want like 4 times in the past two decades. ( or so, didn't look it up ).
I'll just hope for the best and be disappointed.
Reply/Quote
While I would prefer Sewell, I don't care who gets picked, thuuuuus...

Sewell at 5:

Marshall at 2 (hoping he's there)
Basham at 3 (hoping he's there)

I don't expect either to be there, but mocks for them are all over the place and who knows?

If Chase at 5:

Meinerz at 2 (he will NOT last to 3. I know he's being constantly mocked at 3, but he isn't dropping that far, believe me)
Basham or Oweh at 3 (again, don't think either will be there, but who knows?)

After the top 15 names in the draft, it is an absolute crapshoot of where players will fall and it's super up in the air.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 10:36 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You couldn't pay me to take Landon Dickerson in this draft before round 4 or 5. I'm over the Bengals drafting broken players. Same reason I have no interest in the tackle from Stanford Walker Litttle or Davis from Ohio State. No more damaged goods, especially in round 2 or 3 where you need to be getting starters, not projects.

Yup
Reply/Quote
Because the drop off with X receivers is staggering from rounds 2 on, picking chase seems to give the most value at pick 5.

If the bengals are targeting O Line in round 2:

Cosmi
Leatherwood
Humphrey
Meinerz
Mayfield
Christensen

All guys who may be available at 38. Take one of them and it’s another good to great draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 11:28 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Because the drop off with X receivers is staggering from rounds 2 on, picking chase seems to give the most value at pick 5.

If the bengals are targeting O Line in round 2:

Cosmi
Leatherwood
Humphrey
Meinerz
Mayfield
Christensen

All guys who may be available at 38. Take one of them and it’s another good to great draft.

Man, Christensen is a really intriguing prospect. He had an incredible pro day and PFF gave him an overall grade of 96.2 this past year, the highest ever given to an o-linemen...scoring over 95 as both a run and pass blocker. Christensen also had the lowest pressure rate since 2014, at .08%. Personally, I think he has the potential to be a very good LG at the NFL level. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 11:52 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Man, Christensen is a really intriguing prospect. He had an incredible pro day and PFF gave him an overall grade of 96.2 this past year, the highest ever given to an o-linemen...scoring over 95 as both a run and pass blocker. Christensen also had the lowest pressure rate since 2014, at .08%. Personally, I think he has the potential to be a very good LG at the NFL level. 

How many good people did he play against at BYU though? I'm intrigued by what you say but did he ever face top competition to show how he'd do?
Reply/Quote
If you go Chase, then the 2nd rounder needs to be an OG or C/OG. My preferences would be the following (in order)

1. Creed Humphrey. I'm a little concerned about Hopkins coming off an ACL. I think you put the best 5 on the field and either could play OG.
2. Trey Smith. For some reason he's a favorite of mine.
3. Wyatt Davis.

I think 2/3 should be there for sure. I also am fully in the corner that none of these guys that I think will be there in round 2 (Cosmi, Radunz) will be what we need
Reply/Quote
I pretty much want a bunch of OLmen, but anything could happen in round 1 that could change the way everyone thinks the draft will go. There might be a big time run on OLmen that no one expected before we pick in the 2nd, making it a reach to draft one there. Same thing could happen with WR or any position. We may be looking at guys like Jaleon Phillips, Zaven Collins, etc sitting there in the 2nd with a lot of OT's and WR off the board.

All I know is just about every draft expert has a different view of everything and the mock draft simulator sites have a lot of differences on who they list as bpa and what team will do what.

This is an exciting and interesting draft for the Bengals for sure. More so than I can remember in recent years.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 09:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The old "Fire Marvin" threads are jealous that "Chase or Penei" are getting too many of their own threads...

AJ McCarron is holding on line 2...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Due to the fact I think Oline is a bigger need than WR; I hope we go Chase in the 1st and oline in the second.

Going back the last 5 drafts: our 2nd rd pick has had a better rookie season (and career in most cases) than the 1st RD pick:

Willie Jackson
Tyler Boyd

John Ross
Joe Mixon

Billy Price
Jessie Bates

Jonah Williams
Drew Sample

Joe Burrow
Tee Higgins
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 08:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: To those who absolutely think Sewell should be the pick:

If they go Chase, who would be your top 3 o-line prospects you would target in round 2?

To those who absolutely think Chase should be the pick:

If they go Sewell, who are the top 3 wide receiver prospects you would target in round 2?

If they take Chase, whichever lineman falls (Cosmi, Jenkins, Radunz, Leatherwood).  

If they take Sewell, Carlos Basham Jr. unless Rashod Bateman or Terrace Marshall Jr. somehow fall.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 08:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: To those who absolutely think Sewell should be the pick:

If they go Chase, who would be your top 3 o-line prospects you would target in round 2?

To those who absolutely think Chase should be the pick:

If they go Sewell, who are the top 3 wide receiver prospects you would target in round 2?

If they take Chase...

Cosmi, Eichenberg, Meinerz

If they take Sewell...

Marshall, Bateman, Dyami Brown or Freiermuth TE, but I think I would prefer Boogie Basham End.

Also wouldn't mind doubling up on OL the first 2 rounds if we take Sewell.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 04:49 AM)Storer50 Wrote: I want oline in all three rounds. Then Eskridge in the fourth.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

This would be sweet too. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Cosmi, Mayfield, Eichenberg. T, G, G imo. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 01:01 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Those who think Pitts should be the pick sitting here without an option:

[Image: giphy.gif]

Wink

So I read this today and it names the usual "NFL Executive" so who knows how true it is, but it is apparently the way one current NFL Executive sees the first round playing out.

At pick 5 the Bengals take Pitts. Says it is actually between Sewell and Pitts at 5.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-insider-notes-executive-gives-take-on-how-top-10-will-unfold-and-is-convinced-this-qb-is-headed-to-49ers/amp/

Again.. no named sources but hope for the Pitts crowd and even as a Sewell guy, I'd have to say if you are going to pass on Sewell, Pitts is the guy you do it for.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote