Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the Bengals don't take your guy...
I'd like tackle at 5. I don't think it has to be sewell, but we have a chance to get a solid one.

Anyway, if we go luxury pick, then eich or cosmi will probably be the best bets available at the top of the second.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm cool with either Chase or Sewell... it would shock me if we traded down.

I do think however you can get guard in round 2 that is a starter.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 10:36 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You couldn't pay me to take Landon Dickerson in this draft before round 4 or 5. I'm over the Bengals drafting broken players. Same reason I have no interest in the tackle from Stanford Walker Litttle or Davis from Ohio State. No more damaged goods, especially in round 2 or 3 where you need to be getting starters, not projects.

This .    Agree with 100%          I wouldn't mind Chase but in round 2 give me Humphrey,  Meinerz,  or another healthy o line stud like Rudunz..      I'm over injured players .  Dream scenario trade down inside top 10 n still draft Slater. 
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2021, 10:36 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You couldn't pay me to take Landon Dickerson in this draft before round 4 or 5. I'm over the Bengals drafting broken players. Same reason I have no interest in the tackle from Stanford Walker Litttle or Davis from Ohio State. No more damaged goods, especially in round 2 or 3 where you need to be getting starters, not projects.

(04-24-2021, 08:53 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: This .    Agree with 100%          I wouldn't mind Chase but in round 2 give me Humphrey,  Meinerz,  or another healthy o line stud like Rudunz..      I'm over injured players .  Dream scenario trade down inside top 10 n still draft Slater. 

Devil's Advocate would tell you that the best player in franchise history was deemed undraftable or had huge medical red flags due to surgeries.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 01:01 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Devil's Advocate would tell you that the best player in franchise history was deemed undraftable or had huge medical red flags due to surgeries.

I know, but prior to him we hadn't gone through year after year of 1st round guys not playing due to injury. We just haven't had much luck as of late with drafting the guys on the injury report.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 02:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Due to the fact I think Oline is a bigger need than WR; I hope we go Chase in the 1st and oline in the second.

Going back the last 5 drafts: our 2nd rd pick has had a better rookie season (and career in most cases) than the 1st RD pick:

Willie Jackson
Tyler Boyd

John Ross
Joe Mixon

Billy Price
Jessie Bates

Jonah Williams
Drew Sample

Joe Burrow
Tee Higgins

If we use your logic, based on last 5 years our 1st round pick will be hurt again, so Chase, Sewell or PItts in round 1 would be bad pick for 2021??
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
If we draft Chase
2nd- Payton Turner DE
3rd Osa Odighiuzwa DT

If we draft Sewell
2nd Payton Turner
3rd Osa Odighiuzwa DT
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote